Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[POLL] What is your *overall* rating for this Pre-Alpha Release 10? (UNOFFICIAL)

Discussion in 'Release 10 Feedback' started by smack, Sep 25, 2014.

?

What is your *overall* rating for this Pre-Alpha Release 10? (1=bad, 5=great)

Poll closed Oct 11, 2014.
  1. 1

5.6%
  2. 2

9.2%
  3. 3

27.5%
  4. 4

40.1%
  5. 5

17.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OverLord

OverLord Avatar

My concerns include the lag and disconnects but those will be remedied by release, no doubt. I am also concerned that there is too much zoning required, even when running from area to area. In most games I enjoy, right back to UO, it's possible to run from one end of the map to the other including through towns in a seamless fashion. Yes, there is zoning, but it does not send me to a loading screen. I would like to see the amount of zoning required reduced. I would also like to see the merging mechanic in fighting removed and combo point damage simply applied to the second card I use if it is part of a combo.

On the more positive side the game looks much improved, there was a lot of new content and the devs seem to be on the right path. Things are looking good!

smack, blaquerogue and Miracle Dragon like this.
  2. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

That's interesting you say that. I played through release 9, thinking that's how a combo works, use two skills in succession and it's a combo! I thought I was doing combos the whole release! Then during R10, I saw Chris Spears' combat demo and said 'woah! I've been doing this all wrong!' now all my time is spent searching for skills to actively move around on the screen, and even less of my attention is on the actual combat on the screen. :(

smack and blaquerogue like this.
  3. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

I voted a 4 and would have given a 5 only because it's not an excuse to let the crafting harvesting go to the wayside. I had a horrible time with it.
    Other wise I had a great time with the new things to do, and Ambers Party with all the Booming thunder storming and dancing. The Challange Dungeon was a Blast. I also had a lot of fun with the PvP met a LOT of new people and they were all GREAT. Just had a all in all great time. I never did get to do the Hat Trick lol so I see there's another one coming up.
    Looking forward to the R11-R12 24/7 getting my place set up exactly the way I want to, and then so I can start over and do it differently if I want over and over.... you know

Arianna, Gaelis, smack and 1 other person like this.
  4. Rondar

Rondar Avatar

I can't say a whole lot since I am a new pledge starting with version 10. But, I must say it looks good especially for pre-alpha.
    Bottom line, I had a really good time and with all the new material coming in the next few releases I'm looking excitedly to the servers being up more frequently.

5. Hoarse Whisperer

Hoarse Whisperer Avatar

I did not have time to play much, but I liked the overworld very much! I noticed extremly long wait time to load towns.

EDIT: The little quest was nice to get the hat. When a new release is out, I never really know what to do (because I don't have much time to check developement...). It kept me busy a while :)

Lord Lonn, Arianna, Gaelis and 3 others like this.
  6. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome Rukk!

Rukk, Lord Lonn and Arianna like this.
  7. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

3/5 for this release, reasons:

Stability: *Starts laughing*
    PvP: 1)Why would i want to watch people fight? 2)It's a bit hard following the fighters now.
    Combat Skills: Still needs more work, not rating this yet.
    Scenes: Challenge dungeon was great fun, though there should be a player limit for the instance. At times there were over 20 people in there. It can be done by just 8 people, think before you rush in!:confused:
    Creatures: I can say with absolute certainty that i hate those slimes.....Fireball on the other hand became my best friend ;)
    Visual Effects Polish: Not something that i pay attention to in these releases.
    Character Customization: N/A Rushing in to collect gold for a house lot. *shrugs*
    Player House Decorations: Loved the wireless connecter idea, great idea! Failed to work a couple of times for me though.
    Summoned Pets: N/A Was fun to see that pets can turn on their master, though ;)
    Emotes Polish: Using a spyglass emote without a spyglass...yea...
    Chat Profanity Filter : Good that it's optonal, while it wouldn't bother me what people are saying i can see why other people would take offense about some things that can be said.

Player run events: People did a great job as always. That said, i felt there were a bit much of them. I'm all for lots of events, but now people are missing each others events. I think Jack Knyfe explained it well:
    Looking forward to r11, i'll see you all there!

smack, Arianna and Gaelis like this.
  8. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

Hi Smack,

I gave R10 a "4" - I was very pleased with it, had a lot of fun, only some minor grapes, see below.

- Stability (Load Time Improvements)
    I could not see a real improvement in load times.
    Stability was bad, especially when going to Ardoris -> no "5" for R10.

- PvP (Spectator Mode, New Virtue Symbol, Duels)
    Nice, but did not really use it

- Combat Skills (Starting Deck Revamp, Auto Deck, Universal Cool Down Abolished, Focus Costs, Combo List, Combat Skill Costs, Combo Highlighting, Power Up Combos, Deck Swapping, Follow Through Tactics)
    Sorry - the predefined decks were worthless (or I did not understand them...)
    Had used 2 user defined decks which greatly differed from the predefined
    (one fire mage and one melee)
    But the system looks very promising.
    Wish for the next pre alpha releases: could you also store the selected skills to a deck (not only equipment)?
    So when I switch from a mage character to a melee character I do not need to rearrange all skills?
    Currently a 2nd deck is quite useless as I need to rearrange everything (or did I miss something?)

- Scenes (Ardoris Castle of the Winds and Castle of the Mountains, Oracle Confirmatory, Vertas Pass, Challenge Dungeon, Plains & Road & Hills Scene Polish, Music, Lunar Rift Change Speed, Explorers Guild Quest, Scene Concentration, Dungeon Scene Connectors)
    Vertas pass was great - especially the snow effects - well done
    Ardoris was OK.
    I liked the new other scenes a lot (e.g. the plains), they look very realistic now - from my point of view
    the graphics are now sufficiently great, you should concentrate on performance.

- Creatures (Wolves & Rottweilers, Lich Mage & Lich Archer, New Slime Behaviors, AI Aggro System)
    nice

- Overworld as a Real Scene (Animating Avatar & Movement, Enter Scene button)
    do not really like it, I prefer the old one, especially that you could move via mouse clicking

- Visual Effects Polish (Combat Effects, Environmental Effects, Death and near Death Screen Effects)
    great, good work!

- rest from your poll:
    did not really test it, no comment

Notes:
    Please make the lot deeds/house deeds cheaper; as we only have a limited access slot it's quite difficult to farm the gold.
    The idea however is quite good.
    Ressources were quite hard to acquire (compared to R9). Did not find a lot of equipment (less merchants and I had not enough time).
    Crafting was sluggish this time (had been better in previous releases).
    Please keep the zone command in the pre alphas. Because of limited time the zone is extremely helpful to find friends.
    (especially with the instability). Also the instancing needs improvement (did not reach the same as friends, had to zone in then).
    In R10 some creatures had been upgraded (e.g. the Kobolds were way stronger than in R9).
    The grand tour was a great idea.
    Could you add another lunar rift in the pre alphas? It takes quite some time to wait if you want to go to a specific scene.

Summary:
    Cannot wait for R11!

smack likes this.
  9. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

5 stars for R10, which is the first release I've played. There were obviously all sorts of issues/problems, but we're pre-alpha so I expected that. Overall I immensely enjoyed being in the game, that's why I gave it a 5.

Stability: One issue exiting Kingsport which was easily remedied
    PvP: Didn't try it, too busy exploring.
    Combat Skills: Loved the card system.
    Scenes: Vertas Pass was excellent. Challenge dungeon I thought was a little bland actually (although I only went 4 levels into it, and that was before I really understood the card system).
    Creatures: Liked the elves.
    Visual Effects Polish: Excellent considering pre-alpha.
    Character Customization: Lacking but not a priority at the moment.
    Player House Decorations: Excellent options and look. Big fan of the variety of rugs. Need lots more variety in paintings.
    Summoned Pets: Didn't try it.
    Emotes Polish: Not a big emotes user.
    Chat Profanity Filter : Didn't use it, didn't see any profanity!

smack likes this.
  10. smack

smack Avatar

Thank you all for your votes and feedback. Now that the poll has ended, the lucky winner chosen at random is Rodriguez! Congrats!

Looking forward to seeing everyone in R11!

Spoon, Vyrin and Mata like this.
  11. Rodriguez

Rodriguez Avatar

Thank you very much!

Mata likes this.
  12. Mata

Mata Avatar

Congratulations Rodriguez! :)

13. stile

stile Avatar

gratz!

Thread Status: