A bulk order deed(BODS) type of system for crafters

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by OverLord, Oct 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OverLord

OverLord Avatar

I know that BODS have already been done online, in Ultima Online, but having to fill various work orders by creating items and being rewarded with mythical crafting tools that make mythical gear was an awesome idea in UO, I'd like to see an equally awesome system in SotA.

- Collectors loved it, they created trading groups to get the right work orders for their sets
    - Merchants loved them, people often wanted to buy the rewards or crafted items, or bods directly
    - Adventurers loved them, they were the most powerful in game
    - Crafters loved them, they had new reason to create items that they otherwise wouldn't, demand increased.
    - Popular enough to spawn 3rd party tools such as http://uo.stratics.com/bod/BODs.shtml

Read more if you've never heard of them - http://uo.stratics.com/content/basics/bulk_orders_archive.shtml

I posted this idea in another forum but it really belongs here, in the feature request forum. Thanks.

Lord Baldrith and Seon like this.
  2. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Just keep in mind, not EVERYONE enjoyed them.

And they have been discussed and around about discussed a few times. Just search for BODS.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  3. OverLord

OverLord Avatar

I don't think any single feature is ever loved by everyone, I'm just wanting to make sure my blacksmith has incentive to make a bazillion heater shields during his career :)

Thanks for the heads up, I did search but didn't find anything. Will look again.

edit: I searched for "BODS" and only found these two posts, and I know I posted about it in another thread so... hmmm.
    edit #2: Apparently the "search forums" link finds more than the search box on this page, lol. Found a bunch.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.