Very disappointed from Portalarium (Black Friday Update)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sir joebar, Oct 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir joebar

Sir joebar Avatar

Based on the latest update from Ocrober 11. I bought some store credits. Tha plan to convert and wait for the additional 15%. After that i planned to upgrade and by different items, e.g. a stretch Goal.

[​IMG]

I was not able to buy a stretch goal and I asked in the replies to the Update for advice. There was no response, but the text in the Update was suddenly and uncommented changed!

[​IMG]

Mistakes can happen but the way it was managed is very disapointing!

2. Sir joebar

Sir joebar Avatar

Unfortunately the links to the screenshots does not work. What is the best way to uploed pictures?

3. Sir joebar

Sir joebar Avatar

4. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I always use tinypic.com , it's really easy to upload screenshots and will give you the URL after.

5. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Once you have purchased 'store credit gift coupons', they will appear under 'Your Add-Ons & Stretch Goal Purchases'. Click on 'Convert to Credits'. This will convert them to store credit, you then just have to wait around 24hours for the 15% to be added.

To upgrade you account, find your current pledge under 'Your Pledges', next to it you will see 'Upgrade', leave the payment option as paypal or something (if store credit covers the purchase, you won't actually use it). You select what you want to upgrade to and it will tell you how much it will cost, towards the bottom you can type in how many store credits you wish to use.

In terms of a 'stretch goal', I don't believe you can use store credit for this.

6. Sir joebar

Sir joebar Avatar

Hi Envy

I know that you can't use the store credits for stretch goals (now). But it was announced in the update that you can do so.

7. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I have a feeling that was possibly an oversight in the announcment.

8. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

This might help :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Followed by:

[​IMG]

9. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Thought that might be the case, Stretch Goals were 'ring fenced' so they wernt achieved by the use of fictional money.

Net likes this.
  10. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

You might have luck getting a refund/reversal of your purcashe if you contact support, in your particular case.

Wonder why they removed stretch goals?

SotA seems very fair-minded about addressing any oversights/mistakes they make.

Gaelis likes this.
  11. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

The only thing I can imagine is that stretch goals are specifically designed to achieve X amount of money so they can develop the stretch goal. Perhaps when you give discount credit to stretch goals that 15% can then be tied to things other than stretch goals, making it hard to see the real cost and profit from the stretch goal. Not to mention people could then use the credit to buy more stretch goals, which also kind of dilutes the stretch goal "bucket".

I know that 15% is 15%, but maybe that's what the reasoning was (internal budgeting).

Net and Trenyc like this.
  12. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

The best solution to problems concerning money is to contact support@portalarium.com and tell them what your issue is. They'll take care of you.

Ronan, Gaelis, Mata and 1 other person like this.
  13. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

You've never been able to spend Addon Store credit in the Stretch Goal Store, and Addon Store credit is how they've always done these kinds of promotions. I imagine this has to do with the fact that you can "melt" most pledge rewards back into credit. If Portalarium allowed people to spend Addon Store credit in the Stretch Goal store, they might end up getting a lot of Stretch Goal store purchases that don't actually bring in additional revenue, which would complicate calculating how much revenue each Stretch Goal is actually bringing in.

14. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Joebar,

We are very sorry for our mistake at implying a policy change and the inconvenience it has caused you. Please submit a support request to support@portalarium.com and we can discuss with you further directly.

When we launched the stretch goals we kept them completely separate from store credits because they are for new features. In order to build them we need additional funds beyond the ones we already have allocated hence the separation. We did not mean to change that policy with this announcement, that was an error which we corrected as soon as it was noticed.

-Darkstarr

15. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I think we were saying the same thing there. (with the exception of never being allowed to spend add-on store credits on stretch goals), which is something I forgot.

Trenyc likes this.
  16. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Just to confirm, we do get the bonus when BUYING stretch goals, which then shows up as a credit for use in the add-on or pledge store. We just can't use the credits in the stretch goal store. Correct?

17. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Thanks for that quick reply. I think it makes complete sense... I would like to know about what @Browncoat asked though...

If you have time :)

Golem Dragon likes this.
  18. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Yes! Stretch goal purchases will get the 15% bonus

19. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Hi,

How do we report Main Site/Update issues like this to Portalarium?

Players noticed this "policy contradiction" within hours of the update, but there is really no good way to report it since Support is swamped with other questions. So most of us hesitate before sending mails that way.
    So it was discussed in the forums, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Portalarium will notice (or should spend time trawling all of the forums for info like this).

We'd like to help Portalarium more but it's hard to help out when it's unclear how we can be of assistance.

How about having a specific forum section for "Main site, Store and Updates" or somesuch?

Happy hunting

steanne, Margard, Gaelis and 3 others like this.
  20. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Nowhere in the description does it say store credits ? Let me get this straight you are upset for not getting something that was never offered?

Sorry bud learn to read

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.