Ack, why remove Prosperity tools? (questions)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bdo7, Oct 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

I don't know this for sure but that is my interpretation of it hence why I'm just sticking with the indestructible tools as I feel the prosperity tools would after time be of little use to me.

Jatvardur likes this.
  2. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

For clarity, tools of prosperity are indestructible.

3. Beli

Beli Avatar

I think I read somewhere a while back that there is 3 levels expert being the next to best so there is one more level after prosperity.

Deliverence likes this.
  4. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

Yes

5. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

I recall the same thing so I would say you're correct with that.

6. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

What I'd really like to see is an option in the store to create my own bundle. The 'six-packs' currently on offer include tools I wouldn't use, so it would be really nice if I could choose four or six different tools that I would make use of and be able to get a discount on the group if I purchase them all at once... :)

On the other hand, I guess I could just wait until the things I'm interested in go on sale and pick them up one at a time, if I have a few dollars available at the time!

7. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

That there be Dev+ mate.

8. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Thanks!

Yeah, it seems they would be of little use to me since I'd get them in my pledge too.

Deliverence likes this.
  9. smack

smack Avatar

I'd argue that info should be public, given it's in a feedback thread on a post already made public.

10. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

I can't help think that the prosperity items are going to return to the store at a later date as it only states: LAST CHANCE SALE: This item will no longer be available in the Add-On Store after this week. Get an additional 20% off the $10 sale price.
    So sure the items won't be available in the store after this week but it doesn't state that they won't return to the store just like how Star Citizen sells ships only available for this week but adds them back in again 6 month later.
    In addition to this when you look at the other prosperity items it also talks about how the item is on sale and the regular price is $15, if the item is never going to be added in the store again how would the regular price ever be $15 as it was only ever sold for $10 wouldn't that make it the regular price: ON SALE: Available at 33% off the regular $15 price

Bodhbh Dearg likes this.
  11. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Also the 6-pack too. Can't buy it individually perhaps, but it would still be in the 6-pack.

12. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

DLMB, this is just speculation on my part:

Here is how I interpret the Artisan Tools and enhance crafting.

Me I think that enhancing is a one time roll where one of the ingredients is a starting level tool, giving as a result Good/Expert/Master level tool. After that roll is made the quality is set permanently.

This since it makes little sense for port to allow rerolls until you get it to the level you want (it would lead to a skewed market of only top-notch goods).
    So in the beginning when few have the crafter skillpoints so make such a roll in a competent way, you better hold on to your Arisan Tools and wait until we get some actual grandmasters.

13. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

I'd argue all the info should be public since privileging information about a product to a subclass of donors to the development of that product based on amount donated is an unethical business practice. But hey, rules are rules. I personally don't care how many of 'em you break. Just giving you a heads up. :)

14. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

I thought the same about the pledges, there is some doubt about if they will be available post launch

15. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

You can't have people keep pledging post lot-rush.
    So my bet is that pledging for E1 will no longer be possible a month before release.
    But that depending on interest etc at launch, that you will see a similar E2 pledge setup with perks you don't get in E1 but will get for E2.

16. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Guys, I think you might be overthinking the tools thing. Think of the "of Prosperity" modifier like an enchantment, sort of like in old UO where you had weapons "of Ruin / Might / Force / Power / Vanquishing". In this case, that modifier increases the yield of the tool or the quality of the products the tool products. Now, think of tool "level" as you would material types for weapons. A higher level tool will let you harvest resources that a low level tool can't. Think World of Warcraft, where player must upgrade their tools with a new metal at each material tier to be able to harvest the next tier. Or it could be that higher level tools give you higher quality products, like more leather and less scrap when you skin an animal. There could definitely be some overlap between the bonuses from enchantments and higher tier tools.

17. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

Maybe but that's not what it says "early pre launch price of $1600"

18. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

I disagree, this feedback was meant to help judge the reaction to the initial thread before being made public, and the made public version was edited based on that feedback. So the feedback on the public thread is public, but the feedback on the dev+ initial post, should remain dev+.

19. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

That question is addressed in this post (last question). :)

Edit:
    I presume many of the items in the Add On Store will still be available for purchase after launch, probably at higher prices, but if you're talking about actual pledges then the answer is in that post I referenced.

20. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

Edit: Never mind the post from Karrolanth answers that well I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.