Necromancer stuff

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Lady Zita, Jul 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    That is true. I do believe that the necromancer only really needs the "souls" or "essence" of the human to survive. But why not use the rest of the body? It seems a shame to let it all go to waste, when some one could bake pies and stews and hor'dourves with it! muhahahahahahah!

2. wmidgard

wmidgard Avatar

wel on the subject of necromancers .
    i do hope thy will put the reagents we need on necromancer apropriate spots .
    like for the drain spells we woud have for reagent a flower ( nightshade) which can be found on graveyards.
    for the summon or animate dead we can have bone chips that drop from undead mobs .

dont make me pluck daysies in a sunny field surroundid by fluffy rabbits so i have the reagents to summon a skelly.

3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"Rainbows and Dead Stuff"
    Some would prefer the daisy flowers and rainbows, but I think we need much more evil or dead body stuff to balance out the daisies and things that come from rainbows :)
    I can't be as good as I want to be, unless there is an equal amount of really nasty, dirty, oowe gooey stuff that resembles more evil in our game :mad:
    "Otherwise there's no contrast" which leaves only you and me picking daisies in a field together Baron Drocis Fondorlatos,
    I mean... "I do like you and all, though... umm"... o_O
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

4. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

I think it would be totally awesome if there WAS a necromancer, flush with power, feared by all, who was vegan, and had to eat enough fiber or he wouldn't be regular, and complained all the time about how people put meat in EVERYTHING in this hellhole of a peasant filled backwater continent...

5. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    Muhahaha!
    [​IMG]

6. Lady Zita

Lady Zita Avatar

Nice lotsa answers to my question, thx a ton!

Us Necros r already messing with body parts in nasty ways, drinkin' blood and stuff. That trophy & body parts crafting idea sounds cool. Lol. Craft ur victims ass cheek and eyeball into a necro spell, lol, fun all the way ^o^.

7. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Just because it is bare bones now, doesn't mean they won't add some evil looking scepters and items.

ALSO, why do necromancers have to be evil? It could be very reasonable that death magic is neutral like all other forms of magic (except chaos). Death is the opposite of life, but does that imply the life is good and death is evil in SotA? Not really. However it very well could. I'm just throwing that out there.

mbomber and Time Lord like this.
  8. Naysayer Argent Red

Naysayer Argent Red Avatar

If death magic does end up being a neutral school of magic, I'm going to have such a hard time deciding which of my characters to play. One of them is a firmly good necromancer with a heart of gold. He's actually my favourite, but I've had a hell of a time finding acceptance for him in various play-by-post venues because 'heroic necromancer' doesn't compute in most people's minds!

Or I could just be my traditional bard. I guess I have some releases in which to play test and decide? (I'm new, so I don't know if everything resets after a release or what...?)

9. Zassik Dreadmort

Zassik Dreadmort Avatar

I like that death spell line up. Should transfer over to a dread knight/shadow knight type well too.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. redfish

redfish Avatar

11. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Why not both?
    A singing happy virtuos necromancer with a heart of gold?

I'm singing to my corpse
    Just singing to my copse
    What a glorious feelin
    I'm happy again
    I'm laughing at the funeral
    I'm singing with my corpse
    *come on shake those bones*

mbomber, Time Lord and Trudie like this.
  12. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

I think true "necromancers" should have to rob graves for reagents and suffer a karma loss every time they do that...

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

But if they don't "rob" it?
    :confused:
    (Devil's advocate here...)
    What if, in a world were necromancers exist, you could have people who before dying sign an agreement that upon death their remains can go to the necromancer and that the inheritors make the decision and get the money for it if they agree?
    :rolleyes:;)

mikeaw1101, Time Lord and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  14. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

Even if they do does that automatically make them evil? After all early doctors HAD to rob graves to learn anatomy because it was illegal to tamper with a body. Would they be considered evil?

15. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

Keep in mind also that the same thing that allows one to raise the dead can be used to heal the living, I don't know if necromancy should be evil. I mean, if the devs want it to be then it will. But Necromancy COULD be part of a healing build, and that's not so evil. It COULD be part of a self healing build for hybrid classes, and THAT'S not necessarily evil. I'd rather see the karma hits (or whatever system actually gets used in the final version) to be attached to acts of actual evil, not mere resource gathering.

mbomber, Time Lord and Trudie like this.
  16. psychlo

psychlo Avatar

That's really stupid! Cannibalism is one thing but freakish body art creations? That's just sick... I for one find that to be very sick... Yet... ok... So all we are really asking for is the ability to sever the body into pieces correct? If we can chop it up and then take the pieces in our pack back to the house we could technically create "body art" with the sophisticated housing decoration system.

But with a cannibalism incorporated... This will change the game in a realistic way! Taxidermy would also need to be a skill. This is because the body parts would start to rot eventually so for a good piece of body art the pieces used would have to be preserved using taxidermy techniques.

The real question i ask you all now is... If we can chop each other up. cook each other and preserve each other. then why not allow us to freely kill each other... pvp enabled everywhere.

What if creating body art was a serious crime? for example you had a visitor who noticed your grotesque collection of human body parts stacked up like a centaur. Should you be arrested and jailed and the body art removed? this is a serious issue and should be on everyone's agenda to resolve.

mikeaw1101 and Time Lord like this.
  17. Galder

Galder Avatar

Greetings my fellow Necromancers :} I can't wait to play with my Necromancer in this release. Necromancy is my favorite skill in UO (I even have a necro-fisherman) and it will be definitely a SOTA must-have skill for me. Probably a necro-blades build will be my focus at the beginning. I look forward to more Necro-love from the Devs!

mbomber and Trudie like this.
  18. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Noooooooo, the images, the images in my mind. Noooooooo. Quick I need to Unremember this. *casts spell*
    Hmm whatever was I doing hmmm maybe I should check out SotA? Noooooooo.
    Etc ad infinitum.

mikeaw1101 likes this.
  19. Naysayer Argent Red

Naysayer Argent Red Avatar

How to annoy a good-guy necromancer (or well, mine at least): 'Mistakenly' refer to him as a necrophiliac rather than a necromancer, then sit back and watch him flail as he loudly protests the slip-up.

mikeaw1101 likes this.
  20. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

Probably not a workable idea... That mechanic would quickly turn into an gold grabbing exploit...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.