Just logged in for the first time. Have question.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Galluccio, Oct 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galluccio

Galluccio Avatar

I'm in this city called Braemar and I'm not quite sure what to do. I've run around a bit in and out of the city. Am I supposed to pick up a quest or travel to another city? I'm just not sure.

2. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

I'm not sure what to do in braemar. I always exit & go to owlshead up north or kingsport northeast. There are some quests in owlshead but no question marks over heads. Talk to the guard, in chat some words are underlined, click on those

Sir Stile Teckel likes this.
  3. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

But first talk to the green clothes guy in braemar for the tour quest (tour guide)

4. hackerssuck

hackerssuck Avatar

I'm very new, so I don't know how much will change, but I imagine the game will get more user friendly as it matures. My first character I got trapped in some room with two doors and 4 deer, and I could not figure out what to do. I could not attack the deer. I tried turning out all the light sources. Nothing. The doors would not open. I will need to delete and make a new character to continue. LOL. It's all good. Rather refreshing. The game is looking very good. Can't wait for it to be live.

Margard, Koldar and Mata like this.
  5. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

/stuck helps
    /zone playername to transport to another player, will not work in release

Margard and Koldar like this.
  6. iwanbo

iwanbo Avatar

Sounds like you were in the challenge dungeon, and you were supposed to kill all the mobs in the room to progress through to the next room. :)

I would not expect much hand holding as far as quests go. If you've never played an Ultima game, I have some bad news for you. :p
    Quest givers, as it stands, won't have giant glowing markers indicating they have a quest. You are supposed to interact and talk with NPCs to discover quests through your own means.

To get you started:
    Leave Braemar and head north up the road on the world map to Owl's Head. After entering Owl's Head follow the road towards town and talk to the guard before you cross the bridge into the town. Ask for his name, and tell him you'd like to help or are looking for jobs. He will direct you where to go from there. You can keep track of these events in the journal by pressing the J key.

Margard and Koldar like this.
  7. Galluccio

Galluccio Avatar

It's been a very long time since I played the Ultima series. And, I don't really do quests in Ultima Online. SO, after having played "modern games" it's different to not see a giant visual cue for quests or quest turn ins.

So, far the character movement seems "different." It will take some time to get used to it. The crafting system seems overwhelming right now. I haven't even tried combat yet. I'm just enjoying the scenery and checking out homes.

8. Galluccio

Galluccio Avatar

Some of the homes seem tiny, tiny. The row homes with 2, 3, or 4, stories just seems like the rooms are just too small. It will take some getting used to.

9. Galluccio

Galluccio Avatar

I'm really looking for a home with a big kitchen, living room, and master bedroom. Then, probably a banquet hall. And, a big "garage".

10. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

All of the things you can do, test, expect (or not) are in the R11 instructions here:
    Release 11 Instructions

If you want a rare collectible, you can obtain it by taking the Grand Tour. From the R11 notes:

Explorers Guild Quest: The Grand Tour returns in R11. You can talk to any Tour Guide (one is near where new players appear, in Braemar) to begin the quest. Visiting all the Tour Guides (who are stationed near the new content introduced in this release) will earn a reward for your account. For R11 we have a Carnival Mask Tricorn Hat (very similar to the traditional Venetian Bauta) in celebration of the American holiday of Halloween. This reward can only be unlocked during this release (did someone say rares?). So, be sure to complete the Grand Tour before the release is over! Also for R11 we have made the quest more challenging, so be sure to level up and form a group for some of the more challenging sections (like the Mysterious Swamp).

11. smack

smack Avatar

Talk to every NPC. Name, job, health, help are critical keywords to use on every NPC. They are a wealth of information and can help guide where you go and who to talk to afterwards. I filled up like 5+ pages of my journal just talking to some of the NPCs in Braemar and Owl's Head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.