Auto lock on target?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Toadster, Oct 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

I am not sure if this has already been answered in a previous thread, I searched for it but those search bring up so many posts.

Is there, or is there going to be an auto lock on target option?

I tried an archer/mage this release and had a lot of fun, but I quickly realized it was very difficult to keep moving, stay pointed at the target and still hit my glyphs as they came up. Especially when trying to combine glyphs and use them. I found that 1 through 4 I could work out ok, but once I added more glyphs it was impossible to keep moving and click 6 - 0.

I was looking at the keyboard and If there was a lock on target option available as a toggle switch, I could easily put the mouse down, turn off numlock and move the combine key. Combat would be purely keyboard at that time with directions in one hand, and specials in the other on the number pad. Be an interesting concept I would like to try.

MalakBrightpalm likes this.
  2. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

You mean autofollow, right? I don't believe there is an autofollow feature currently built into the game, but I do agree that one is necessary with the card system.

3. smack

smack Avatar

Actually, I thought there was a /follow. I'm pretty sure I used it at one time.

Duke NRaas likes this.
  4. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Well, look at that... "/follow" does work on NPCs. Learn something new everyday.

They should create a context menu and make it available there, rather than as an obscure console command. :)

Margard and smack like this.
  5. Kvothe Kingkiller

Kvothe Kingkiller Avatar

What works for me is to hold LMB and RMB to run, and use TAB for switching targets. You can also hit "T" to auto-attack. This way you can run/navigate with your right hand, while switching/attacking targets (with number button skills) with left hand. Works fairly well for me fighting mobs of 5-10 kobolds

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  6. redfish

redfish Avatar

Needs to be a command key not just a context menu :>

Margard and Duke NRaas like this.
  7. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

Well, if the devs put in a system that allows us to assign limited macros to keys that would be the case. It just has to be sensible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.