Character Creation and Content, from the Character Art Devs

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Qball, Nov 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kvothe Kingkiller

Kvothe Kingkiller Avatar

Royal purple hair dye from Royal Elderberry bushes?

2. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Nice ..... ummm ..... HAIR, Vendetta. It was definitely the hair that I noticed.

3. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Well thanks a lot Qball for the update on your situation.. All I can say is that I am feeling that your workload seems like a bit much, and that most would probably agree that these are areas that players want to see not only some really polished items and characters but a lot of variety including many of the on-off suggestions that are so popular and good ideas.

I really hope that the situation improves as far as sourcing, he is stating that he has a huge workload to do currently so additional things are much less likely to be able to happen. To me, I think there must be some other methods to improve the situation so that it can work with Portalarium, I don't think that everybody really needs to be working inside the same building but obviously there are other things I haven't thought about...

What I'm getting at, is that there must be a way for Portalarium to get more "help" with animation, items, NPC's, models, artists to assist from home or other studios. So far to my opinion from what we have so far in Lost Vale and Owl's head much more work is needed just to polish off some of those ideas, broaden the total available items, monsters, npcs. Certainly I have heard tossed around 12-20 new monster "types" as well as all needed Storyline Content, PvP content and other stuff.

cheers

PS add $50,000 stretch goal for player companionsn pls

4. Qball

Qball Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Please don't take the post as a complaint about resources, but more as Fire Lotus said, a behind the curtain. Larger teams have their own set of problems. I am no more or less staffed than the rest of the team. This is a game that has constraint just as any other game I have ever worked on. I like the challenge. We have never had the staff or resource that a corporate game does, but it give us the freedom to change things and you to have input! Its awesome!

Talk to you soon,

Qball

5. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

Is it possible to get some kind of outside funding to hire more resources to help get the game over the finish line?

6. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

I think it is amazing what this small team is doing and I appreciate that you show us the world behind the curtain. It always helps us backers to get back to the ground, because we see what you two are able to create so we start dreaming what 3 or 4 people could manage. I won't stop asking for more dresses and chin long haircuts for females but I'm aware it will take time to get them. Just keep on the good work you're doing.

majoria70, Lord Lonn, Gaelis and 8 others like this.
  7. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Qball!

Thank you so much for a look behind the curtain.

Having any form of dialogue with the game creators while my favorite game of all time is being developed is a dream come true! :D

Keep enjoying the day-to-day challenge, pour the love into your work, and remember, the greatest thing about this game is it's not going to be canceled! Thousands are already appreciating your work as you create it, and millions will appreciate it when it's released!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!

p. s. Thanks!

8. Holt

Holt Avatar

More beards and dichromatic eyes.

9. Kal Morte

Kal Morte Avatar

I enjoyed the update. I'm glad you are following your dream and contributing to such a worth while project.

10. Qball

Qball Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hey all,
    I wanted to drop a line and let you know that I haven't forgotten you. I am crunching away at the characters and this close to release I haven't had time to post a proper update.

Just wanted to drop you a hello, be back soon with updated shots !

Qball

11. Mata

Mata Avatar

Thanks Qball for your short hello!

12. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    Git er Dun :) and don't forget to have fun!

smack and Lord Baldrith like this.
  13. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I can't wait to see the updates. I'm going to make my avatar look like this when he's done...

[​IMG]

14. monxter

monxter Avatar

Yay @Qball
    Looking forward to your update.
    Cheers!

15. Lord Spaz

Lord Spaz Avatar

A warrior eh too bad you looked quite smart to me :p

16. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

OH I am smrt. Me put armor on and st1ll casts spells! They work not too good though.

17. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Oh an I just noticed the girl with the red hair has eyes. (looks again to check the color) I got distracted (checks again). :D

18. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Hows it going? I assume you meant close to R12 release.

Keira OFaolain likes this.
  19. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

I find it concerning that insufficient finances are contributing to a lack of resources in the staffing department considering that we are only in development stage of release 1 and there are several releases planned for this game that will require additional funding not only create but to sustain the game in the long term.
    I understand the developers are taking a big risk greater than any backer but as a backer of the game that risk is also shared amongst all of us who pledged their faith and financial support to the project so there should be no doubt the majority of us want this to be the success I'm sure Richard dreamed about when he decided to bring this to fruition. As much as I appreciate the openness of this project I can't help feel a sense of financial difficulties and deeper development problems from reading this post, so I really hope things aren't that bad over there.

At any case please don't let this detract from the work that that has been carried out as I continue to be amazed at the quality and progress of such a small development team and I really hope Qball you get the resources you need and some of that pressure is lifted.

All the best.

Ice Queen and Lord Baldrith like this.
  20. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Are there good ways for the community to contribute?

I see Skyrim modders who have made countless eye colors, hair styles, facial hair styles, clothes, etc. I bet a few of those modders could alter their existing creations and submit them for this game.

Right now SotA is lacking in hair variety, facial hair variety, clothing, in particular.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.