Bro, do you even Role Play???

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Owain, Aug 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

then why does everyone keep arguing that the pvp in uo was a mistake?

Archibald Leatherneck likes this.
  2. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Simple, to do anything you must deal with PvP first.

The PvPers reply, bring more people. That just gives them more PvP. All the while no one can do what they intended to do.

That was never the intent. UO was released as a sandbox and had to stay there because when they tried to add anything PvP took it over. Their answer: cut out PvP.

Silent Strider and Ned888 like this.
  3. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I thought this game was suppose to be difficult, immersive and challenging, guess I was wrong, I guess there is no intentions of emulating a real world of any sort, lord knows I've intended to do a lot of things with my life I can't ........

4. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Are you saying it's impossible for SotA to be difficult without forcing PvP on everyone?

Immersion and challenge are in many games and no requirement to PvP.

5. Toxic_Knight

Toxic_Knight Avatar

That is EXACTLY my problem with full loot. If all full loot amount's to is, "Well people can kill you, take all your stuff, and sell it all on the market, and you can't do anything about it except cry about it. Because if we have a system where if they're caught and punished for murder well that would ruin their fun even though they ruined yours by killing you and stealing from you." Then honestly, I think I'll be enjoying single player myself. Also a side note, isn't it technically immersion breaking to have people going around, murdering innocent people, and stealing their stuff with NO RECOURSE WHATSOEVER? Even when it's obvious they've committed murder? Unless it was balanced to where a murderer could get away scott-free, but there were also methods to potentially get back at the guy, or even just get your stuff back or even at least some of it. All I see is a system where evil, lazy players get to do whatever they want with no repercussions for their bloodthirsty actions. And your pleas for help in getting your items back are responded with, "lol get gud nub". Which sucks because I do see the potential for this system to give this game an edge to it. And to even help with role-playing. Maybe secret societies of players using the stolen goods as items on a black market. Or a guild of people dedicated to punishing homicidal pkers and griefers. Or even an organization like the Dark Brotherhood where players could go and assassinate targets and bring back an item they have as proof for a huge cash reward.

Moonshadow and Morkul like this.
  6. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

Perhaps a method of punishment for those caught dealing in ill gotten gains would help, would make you consider who your doing buisness with and would make sense as theres a reason they refer to some as 'reputable' vendors. theres also a reason why its not easy to find a fence ......

Toxic_Knight likes this.
  7. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Affinity and looting

This thread has some pretty interesting thoughts on how to tie item affinity into a full loot system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.