1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Chris' R11 abbreviated brain dump!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Nov 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Now PvP is part of the equation LMAO, If I am fighting PvP I really don't give a crap about a PVM monster as they are not even in the area? I am sorry but this thread is completely off track.

Lord Blake Blackstone likes this.
  2. RelExpo

RelExpo Avatar

Fastest levelers isn't a big concern... the list I'd like to see is how many player deaths occurred (PvM and PvP if possible and by whom/what). THAT'd be interesting as well.

Retro, Time Lord, KuBaTRiZeS and 2 others like this.
  3. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Really? Why?

Seems like it wouldn't reflect anything concrete right now due to people new to the system and the system itself not being finished.

What will happen, just like every other MMO, they will keep balancing the game after release so no matter what your character will change in order to balance the PVP.

Budner and Net like this.
  4. RelExpo

RelExpo Avatar

Wouldn't that be the same for the fastest leveler? I mean, for just about everything listed in general too? The request for that info is more for entertainment (and some statistical) purposes to see how many more folks were killed by a wolf than by an elf. I'm sure that info would/did help in their decision to include a "new player tutorial" for next release. "That curve."

I included PvP because the "best" killers aren't necessarily the highest leveled folks (as Chris stated of a DaveSmith).

In short, seeing a player death toll stat would be nice additional information.

Net and smack like this.
  5. smack

smack Avatar

I too would like to see the list of top deaths/killers, perhaps even averaged over their playtime, or between first and last kill. Just curious stats for entertainment. But they could also expose "interesting" stats that might warrant further investigation :)

Joviex likes this.
  6. redfish

redfish Avatar

* Clumsiest players (falling stats)
    * Top dancers (based on total time spent dancing in the game)
    * Most talkative players
    * Most foul mouthed players (cursing)
    * Top idlers (afk)
    * Players most likely to get into a jam (use of /stuck)

7. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

How about best non-corporeal role player?

How many walls did AvatarAcid run through? :)

Jatvardur and smack like this.
  8. Net

Net Avatar

That is up to players, I see a lot of duels going on in Owl'sHead. Not to mention awesome battle we had at Solace Bridge. And there will be open PvP with blessing of the Oracle soon.

I would love to see my stats and stats divided for mages (using wand/staff and spells), rangers (using bow), melees (using melee abilities with melee weapon), ranged hybrids (bow + spels) and melee hybrids (melee weapon + spells) in any given duel if that was possible ,as people change their builts all the time.

Anyway I am mostly interested in results of mage vs. melee battles of different levels. As level 60 mage I had no issues with level 20 melees, however level 40 melees were more often than not equal opponents.

Retro, Lonn the Earl, smack and 3 others like this.
  9. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

This latest ChrisPost gets an R11 out of 10

Jatvardur, mike11, RelExpo and 3 others like this.
  10. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I'll explain my reasoning Earthquake isn't in the same category as a close quarters spell. I also thought you were joking when you said that, which is why I said it is the worst example of a close quarters spell and LoL'd.

Area of effect spells that effect the "entire area" is not even the same catagory as close quarters. It is comparing apples and oranges. It isn't a long range spell, nor is it a close quarters spell because it isn't targeting an opponent it is targeting your current area around you.

A spell like this would likely take a little while to cast. Instant casting for an earthquake spell would be a bit over powered since it effects everybody around you. The ground beneath your feet is the target. For it to be close quarters implies close enough to use hand to hand combat. If you are in close quarters the last thing you want to do is cast a long spell that can be interrupted unless the opponent(s) are not focusing on you or they reach close quarters by the time you finish the spell. Earthquake would not be a spell for a bar fight.

When I picture "close quarter" spells it would be a quick cast short distance spell like the fist spells.

11. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

you're over-generalizing AOE spells. AOE can just be the area immediately around the caster, not a half mile, or town limits. All earthquake does is effect those surrounding the caster. That includes enemies standing within daggers reach, ya know "close in". And can knock them back and stun them, excellent close in defense.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  12. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

OK

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk.

13. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I'd like to see some statistics on falling lol

who died the most from falling and who took the most damage :p I took 21 million something falling offf a bech but I heard someone else hit 26 mil lol

Isaiah [MGT] likes this.
  14. Net

Net Avatar

That is nothing. My R10 record is 734M, and Whaleduck was 10M short of it, though I am sure he will beat me soon:)
    [​IMG]

Gaelis, Arianna and Moonshadow like this.
  15. Red Beard

Red Beard Avatar

You mentioned Bows and Magic work needs to be improved... I agree...
    Please watch the new Hercules.. Starring: Dwayne Johnson, Ian McShane
    Great Bow and Staff moves in that movie... something like that in this game would be Awesome...
    Also... I have one request regarding monster battle... can you please make a couple zones where the monsters have bigger radiuses... on their return to base... also.. Big Bosses... like the lich king should have no return radius.. they should fight you until you are dead or they are... you could just have the boss lock the doors as soon as he is agroed and keep them locked until the battle is over that would make it more of a challenge... kind of don't agro the boss unless you are seriously ready... Also... for a story line quest and a super dungeon.. please look into tuning and keying... Tuning allows you to enter a dungeon without being effected by an extreme damage over time curse... Keying allows you to enter the dungeon... both tasks should require long adventurous story lines... Also please look at drop down menus for selecting varying degrees of difficulty for a dungeon... the same dungeon could have 5 different levels of difficulty... each with its own special completion reward...
    I hope you read this...

16. PeteWi The Disoriented

PeteWi The Disoriented Avatar

From my own experience, Release 10 had numerous issues with updating and crashes. It would spend large chunks of time downloading an update only to turn around and download the next update in the series. Since multiple patches had to come down (and not all of them installed due to installer errors) this process alone took the better part of a day. It was terrible on Friday with everyone trying to update and by Saturday you might have a patched copy. But then there were crashes galore and it dropped between scenes or crashed when trying to get from one location to another within an area.

Personally, it took so long to update and then I had so many performance issues that I simply gave up. I tried again on Sunday and it seemed to have leveled out and the game was mostly functional. There were still crashes but not quite as frequent.

Since the jump to Steam (and perhaps the re-download of the entire game, updates and all) things have been a lot more stable. There have been a few crashes, but a mere fraction of the previous release. We've also had plenty more time to actually play and have therefore invested in our characters. When you only have a day or two available you either try to explore, or maybe find some quests, or decorate, but not a combination or even all of them.

We now have something that is much more stable with more time to explore quests and try out combat. I'm sure the leveling has help insofar as we can use higher skills and make more progress. When the game isn't going to reset in a few hours there is much more of a desire to push the character. At least, that's the way it's been for me.

I skipped combat in R10 and just tried to find the quests. For this release I've jumped headlong into combat since I had the time and as I'm sure with other players, was able to gain a lot of skill points through the Vertas Pass.

I guess this feels more like a game rather than a playable demo. The jump to Steam has offered a lot of stability, at least to me, and the extended period has allowed a greater range of play and discovery. As was posted in another thread, there are a lot of us who have 40+ hours logged since the move, that is FAR more than we would have logged previously.

I personally feel I can now invest my time in a game that I invested my money in. And that's pretty rewarding.

Sophi likes this.
  17. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

First of all, love me some Macallan, great avatar.

Now to be annoying. The jump to steam has not brought anything to the game part, just the launcher, and even that is just the first level launcher, the "patcher" launcher, not the game launcher (login).

I think R11 is what you are seeing, as you can just as easily launch the game with the provided PORT launcher and get all that same stability as well.

But I guess if it convinces people to play more, kudos.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  18. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Chris, my only minor concern with r11 worth mentioning was that I much preferred the r10 method of entering the Pvp arena and the challenge dungeon.

I really found that accesibility more enjoyable, to just talk to the npc to get whisked away to the challenge area.

I look forward to something like that again.

Sent from my GT-S5690M using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.