1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 11 Access turning off Thursday November 13 and Data being Wiped

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Nov 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

@Darkstarr -What new things can we look forward too in r12?

2. Boleroff

Boleroff Avatar

Well said Asclepius!:D

I agree!!

3. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

I'd like to make a big vote for wipes at the expense of backward compatibility. I'd much prefer to continue the forward momentum rather than being held up by an artificial constraint of legacy issues. We are still in pre-alpha. Every aspect of the world is still subject to radical change.. Bring it on!

KuBaTRiZeS and Asclepius like this.
  4. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Avatar

As many have mentioned it, would be great if we can start out at a slightly higher level so that we can enjoy the content more and grind less.

Regardless I can't wait til R12 arrives.

5. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

Would it be possible to implement level gates/stones where if we tap a stone we can automatically level back down to L1, or level up to L10? I see this is being pretty useful for testing purposes, to minimise the grind without hassling those who feel a need to race to be in this week's top 25..

As much as people don't want to grind endlessly during testing, the player experience beginning at level 1 needs to be the BEST it can be to appeal to newcomers and to show why this game might still have a potential to set a new standard. If we're all in a race now to get in the action and ignore the first impression, come episode 1 I don't want to be disappointed when the first steps are just a millstone best forgotten as quickly as possible.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

personally i dont mind being wiped during the releases, each release should be faster to gain levels since we have learned what to do to gain in level and gain in money, this is just the testing period so it really doesnt matter since when the game goes live, we will, and should have to start over again! I know its a pain but its just a test period.

Athanil, KuBaTRiZeS, Arianna and 2 others like this.
  7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

in addition to that, if this game is as easy as it was to gain levels in the release so far, i dont see anything being challenging about the game. In the end its ultimately up to the devs, and im good with what ever you guys/gals do. :)

Athanil, KuBaTRiZeS, Arianna and 2 others like this.
  8. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

Bring on the wipes! The longer we go between wipes, the more attached people will become to what they've gained, and the more gripes there'll be when they do have to lose it. Regular wipes should be an expected thing at least until Beta, and even then they shouldn't be a surprise. We're all going to have to lose everything before 'official launch' anyway.

Siriustar brings up a good point that the newbie experience needs to be a good and engaging one, in order to encourage players to stay with the game, so testing at low levels is very important. But, I do understand that it's also a pain to have to grind levels/gold/whatever again after a wipe. Perhaps it might be possible to offer some sort of fast track for those who want to use it and be able to test the high level skills, but also allow those who want to keep testing the early experience to still start at the bottom and work up normally? (Tying in pledge rewards will probably help a bit too!)

blaquerogue, Athanil, Arianna and 2 others like this.
  9. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

I don't mind the wipes. I even prefer to have them for a while because having experienced people leveling over and over again can reveal failures that could go undetected in previous times, and at the same time balance experience rewards from the enemies and enemy distribution. I'm also looking forward to the quests in game to be implemented in the reward system!

Eagerly waiting to see Release 12 instructions! I hope combat could get some attention in order to do it more awesome ;)

10. amnon23e

amnon23e Avatar

fresh start :D
    the mask stays though right?

11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

yeah you get to keep the mask! :)

Duke Raas likes this.
  12. PreacherMan

PreacherMan Avatar

There are new players joining all the time and their feedback on the newbie experience will be very valuable while as feedback from players that have gone through the grind a few times will be skewed as they will become impatient and of course they are not seeing the game with fresh eyes. Obviously higher level characters will be required to test content for such and it would not make sense to have to grind to get to that content.

So the testing needs to be flexible to make sure new players and players that have not spent as much time so far are encouraged ( required ) to start from scratch to ensure the team get relevant feedback from the correct perspective and players that have invested time are given the option to fast track to the new and higher level content.

Keira OFaolain likes this.
  13. Undelivered

Undelivered Avatar

So Beta starting in January?

14. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

No.

Mata likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.