1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Q4 Schedule

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Oct 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Pardon me if this has already been mentioned.

Does this include deeds and houses, so that we will be able to claim lots as soon as R12 goes live? I just want to be absolutely clear on this point, for reasons that I hope are obvious!

2. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

From DarkStarr:

3. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Yes but does all mean all is what I'm asking. I could care less if some trinket is in my account, whereas having my house deeds at the start is going to mean I'm clearing my calendar to be in the release as soon as it opens. Some rewards (crowns) have been in release already, so I think it's important to ask.

If it is not clear yet what all means, that is fine. However, the deeds are a big issue since we may have quite a run of persistence. I'd like to see a statement of yes or no well in advance.

4. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

@Vyrin
    In his quote he does say "all", but as he states, it is not set in stone. I too, hope for the deeds to be tied in at that time (as well as add-on store purchases), but we will just have to wait to find out. :)

5. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Thanks for confirming that I didn't miss anything then. Based on this, I am now officially lobbying to know whether pledge reward deeds and houses will given to us at the start of R12!

6. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

When I get home from work, I'll have to check and see if there's a crown in my pack.
    I don't think pledge rewards have been given out. I think people have just found or been given crowns by the devs in community events.

7. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Sounds good to me...but I'm pretty sure you are going to get the same answer until the R12 instructions/issues are posted the night before launch. ;)

8. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

I bet they will have the decision made before that... and it would be somewhat unkind to announce a land rush the night before it takes place. In previous releases the land rushes were less important because there were always guaranteed wipes.

9. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

It's possible, but I wouldn't plan on hearing about it until they release their deliverables. Honestly, I wouldn't be too worried about R12...the competition (if they get deeds tied to accounts in-game) will be similar to how it was pre-R10 (before they introduced cost on the deeds). We will still have wipes after R12, so I'm limiting my attachment to my plot for now.

The sequenced land-rush won't happen until right around launch - that's the one I'm watching for. As soon as that one's announced, I will be planning a vacation day. ;)

10. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Not to mention player owned towns aren't in either.

11. Kvothe Kingkiller

Kvothe Kingkiller Avatar

I would assume that everything will be wiped for 2-3 days at least, maybe a week, right before FULL release. It would only make sense to let everyone (of the same backer tiers accordingly) start with a clean slate and basically on the same page and give devs a chance to do some last minute tinkering

12. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Several other beta's I've participated in have done it this way; that's what I'm expecting with Shroud as well.

13. Jhorus

Jhorus Avatar

Does anyone know if lots in R12 (and beyond) will be handled like they were pre-R10 in that if you have a lot and then wish to purchase a new one, you can select it from your new location and it removes ownership from the previous location? Or will you have to relinquish ownership first? In both scenarios (assuming either one is accurate) will you still always have the deed, or will you lose it (like in R10 and R11) with no reimbursement?

14. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

The issue in R10-R11 is that there are currently no in-game lot deeds objects. When you relinguished a lot location, I suspect it was supposed to adjust whichever deed object you used to purchase that location to begin with, and make that deed available to be used somewhere else.

Once lot deed objects are added, it will be that object which retains the value. So as long as you have the deed in your possession, you will never lose its value.

----

That being said : I'm not sure how lot deeds will be handled in-game (since they have not been implemented).

My theory would be : You take your lot deed and use it on a location. If that particular deed was already assigned to another location, it should prompt you to reassign the deed, and then move your existing house to the new lot (provided it fits).

15. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

This is not totally true.

I have placed a Stables on the Town lot ( it filled up the ENTIRE lot ) , and the entire point with the stretch goal is for you to be able to customize houses on the lot as the way you see fit instead of the traditional " one house " as we currently have.

This means, if you have a CITY lot, you would be able to place Stables, a small citizen/edelmann house and whatnot to make like your own little farm... Im sure you get my point and what i mean.
    So, sure, up until the stretch goal is met, it wont fit WITH A house except Duke and up... But that doesnt stop me from buying it, so we can meet the stretch goal, sometimes.

16. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

Well for myself I own a City lot and I can't see this fitting on my property with my founder home so it would be wasted on someone like myself. In addition I was looking at upgrading to Duke and with the walls and the castle home I can't actually see it fitting on that property either, but perhaps I'm mistaken I'll have to wait to see someone try this.

I am amazed that it fits on a Town lot, not that I would ever place it on one I just find that an interesting bit of information and I agree perhaps a village home on the city lot would work with the stables though I can't see a lot of Barons going this path.
    For myself if I want to do a bit of farming I'll just use the lawn space around my home though if I find it isn't enough I've got a spare village deed thanks to Port and the upgrade system they implemented.

At any case I'll grab the garden shed and maybe the green house but stables will be off limits for me, though I do like to see people pick them up. I don't expect to see any of the stretch goals meet but my hope is if Port see enough interest in this they will at least try to get it in place for Episode 2.

17. Doletron

Doletron Avatar

A lot of these ideas are somethings that I really wanted to see in the game. I am really excited to see the updates. I do have some suggestions though that I think might be nice or interesting to implement.

Guilds:

0 With the creation of guilds, I think it would be great to have either sub-guilds and guild alliances. Sub-guilds would allow for smaller guilds to be absorbed by larger ones, but still maintain their identity. This would allow for smaller guilds to acquire more talent, numbers and resources and allow larger guilds to gain additional manpower. Alliances would also have the same benefits, but would have a different effect when it came to guild wars. For example, if a sub-guild went to war with another guild, everyone in the sub-guild would be at war with the other guild, but no one else. Now, if the command guild went to war with another guild, then all its sub-guilds would also be at war, but not its alliance. When an alliance goes to war, all members go to war or they are removed from the alliance. This would cause all members of the guilds and their subs to go to war for the alliance.

Guild warfare:

o You could allow every town to have a guild control its seat of power. This could be different from the mayor or owner of the town. At first, all offices would be purchased for gold, but then would have to be defended from conquest of warring guilds. If enough of these small town seats of power were controlled in a given area or "province", then the guild could apply for a capital controlling seat in the larger towns. The larger town would then only be able to be conquered if the outlying smaller towns were taken first. The progress and control of guild conquest could also be displayed on the travel map by areas of contention, peaceful areas and recently taken places, with the guild's name and crest displayed. As incentive for guilds to take control of towns or capitals, certain rewards can be given to the holders of the towns. This could be additional resources or maybe a reduction of taxes for houses to guild members. This in turn could cause rival guilds to have their property taxes go up as a result. This aspect could help spur the unity of guild members staying in the same town as well as adjusting the housing market, as guilds will pay more to move into a town with guildmates and cheaper taxes, while rival guilds will try and sell houses and move out, reducing the housing prices. Warfare would also go hand in hand with town improvements.

Town Improvements:

o Town improvements could be anything from roads that improve trade and travel speeds to guard houses that spawn roving sentries. These too would also have to be taxed because roads would have to be maintained and guards have to be paid. This would also help a smaller guild from getting whooped right away and from a conquering guild. Examples of building improvements could be: Towers, walls (stone, wooden, brick), guard houses, gate houses, bowyer, stables and ballista yard. Some of these structure are probably already implemented into the game, so they could also be upgraded to allow for guards to utilize them in times of war. These structures could also act as contention points int he town. So say if a warring guild came and captured the bowyer, they would no longer spawn units for the defending town, and after a while, could spawn units for enemy. This would help give strategy to taking over towns and give it a little more dynamic. Mayors can also improve the town infrastructor, but they would do so for an economic stand point (Upgraded structures sell better equipment and have more money on hand to buy goods, etc) Lastly, with town improvements, this gives way to siege equipment.

Siege Equipment:

o I was reading posts that this was already in the works, but with the guild warfare system it gives it purpose.

Ways to Avoid All The Chaos:
    o Don't join a warring guild, sub-guild or alliance
    o Don't have your guild be subordinate to a warring guild or alliance
    o Don't have your guild take over a contention point (Town, village or city capital).

I love the work you guys are doing and I look forward to jumping in and exploring and crafting. I offer these suggestions because I think it would be a fun and interesting way to bring PVP to the game for those who want it, while keeping those who don't out of it.

18. Undelivered

Undelivered Avatar

Will we get our pledge house in release 12?

19. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

They said that we will get pledge items that are currently ingame, so i would say YES.

They did, However, not mention if it goes for addon items. But Pledges, yes.

20. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

But some of the mechanics need to be implemented or modified to make that work, and they may not have all of those in in time... So I'd assume nothing and pray for the best!...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.