Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Thoughts so far

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by Annah_Sennah, Nov 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Annah_Sennah

Annah_Sennah Avatar

I haven't spent a lot of time yet in the game but here are a couple thoughts I have so far.

1) I like the overworld encounters, it reminds me of the old Ultima where when you would be walking around the world and suddenly there would be monsters to fight. It adds excitement and surprise to the game play because you don't know where the next attack will come, I used to love that in Exodus.

2) The tips/hints piling on top of each other. During the initial meeting with Edvard I closed out of his convo but the hint was still up there and immediately the second one came up and covered the other one. After the first battle I think 3 piled on top of each other, though I suppose it does help with keeping the rest of the screen clear so that something else happening can be seen, but maybe it could be set up so that the next tip doesn't come until the player closes out the others so that there aren't layers upon layers of tips.

3) The overworld looks so much better with each release.

4) The Avatars skin seems to shine or looks plasticy to me, especially in the character creation.

Sir Cabirus likes this.
  2. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

In UO you could just walk away from an encounter if you didn't want to fight. Here you are forced into the encounter, forced into the load time, forced to either fight or flee and forced to locate the exit to the scene.

Please at least give us the option to opt out of an encounter. Really wrecking my experience today. After spending tons of time trying to level up, I'd like to be able to walk to Owl's Head to adjust my skills with the skill trainer. But no I'm pulled into these pointless scenes.

3. Annah_Sennah

Annah_Sennah Avatar

The load screens can make it a little more time consuming, I'm hoping that the time on that in the finished product is reduced considerably or non existent. UO is completely different from Ultima, especially once EA got their hands on it. Exodus Ultima is what made me interested in RPGs in the first place, if I remember right the old Ultimas you could flee, but there was a penalty for it since it was against the virtues to run from battle. In SoTA you can still flee, I didn't fight every battle that came up, plus it isn't like the encounters come up every third step you take. I made it from the starting point to Owls Head with only one encounter, then had 2 from Owls Head to the Obsidian Keep, so its very random which is how it should be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.