Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Oh, well that explains it

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by Bubonic, Nov 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

2. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I agree it kind of seems off...if we like you we will give you gold, don't like it? so what it's not going to change.

I thought before it was no big deal, it was just random people getting money...now that I see they pick and chose who gets it. It gives me a pretty bad taste in my mouth to be honest.

Doesn't make it feel like a very inclusive club.

Lord Baldrith, Joviex and Leos like this.
  3. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Been grinding quite a bit today and still haven't made enough gold for half a lot. The one place where there were easy skeletons with good weapon loot drops was changed during the update so that they dropped rusty swords. Seemed like a great big poke in the eye, especially with others getting free lots. Been crawling my way up to taking on everything though, won't give up.

My suggestion would be to hold contests for new players who want to host events and give those people free lots and houses for the release. I think it would be good to promote growth and creativity in the community.

Joviex and Leos like this.
  4. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

I have actually been going around giving gold to lots of people when I have time. We simply do not have the bandwidth to do it constantly for everybody.

Also remember the handful we started giving to do MORE than anyone else does including:

1. Run several websites devoted to the community
    2. Run multiple in game events for the entire community
    3. Always maintain a positive communication, even when offering critique
    4. Share what we give them with plenty of others
    5. Ask us to also share with others
    6. Have volunteered and worked at trade shows to promote Shroud

Do they go above and beyond for this community? Yes they do. Why not celebrate what they contribute and how we help facilitate it instead of complaining about what YOU did not get?

5. iwanbo

iwanbo Avatar

I am OK with it. It's way before launch, there will be numerous wipes, and there are some community members that have contributed, and continue to contribute greatly to the project. If they get the virtual gold to buy a castle lot to hold PvP tournaments, so be it.

Now if this was live and the final product, then I would be disappointed.

Although I really wish I got some gold to get some armor to stay alive a little longer to take pictures. :p

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  6. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I don't think what we said deserved a post like that.

Note I didn't care what people got when I thought it was random...because I thought it helped testing...What I do not like is a thought that some are on your good and naughty lists.

7. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Thanks for the personal attack again....

8. DarkStarr

Rune and Bubonic are you in game? Would like to chat with you there if you are.

Filthy Peasant and kadumel like this.
  9. DarkStarr

I am sorry if my response was out of line but the pile on about this is just getting a little much to handle.

10. DarkStarr

And Kadumel please chill

Filthy Peasant likes this.
  11. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I am in game...I'm not looking for a handout though, that wasn't my point and I'm sorry if that is what you thought....I won't be on enough to make it worth testing.

Joviex likes this.
  12. Biblik

Biblik Avatar

It's just frustrating when the most vocal aren't promoting positive stuff...

13. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

I'm not taking sides but I think the mistake was "we got spoiled" by having it too easy.
    And that was not a good thing because this is how it should have been all along.
    But for a 3 day weekend not counting the time for a squeeze Tuesday or Wednesday few hours.
    We had to see as Dev's "testers" how it will be once we can succeed in the game once it's past the first episode. No I'm not condoning anyone getting free gold.
    As for me I Grind too, last release I pounded to 64, why I don't know just because I wanted to all the way to the last day. We all have our goals and things we want to get across. Some have influences some have impressions to make to the gaming society itself. Some may donate privately that I don't know, you don't know, just someone we all don't know...
    You know what I really don't care as long as they them say you can no longer play. Or now we are gonna have to watch you...
    Me i'm just a guy, a new guy. a new guy that likes the game, a new guy that likes the game that you don't know...

Don't even read this because I only slept 4hrs on Tuesday night, and i've been grinding since. I don't have 40k but I don't care, because this is the way it's gonna be.
    I'm just a new guy that likes the game that you don't know...:eek:

Lord Baldrith, Joviex and Spoon like this.
  14. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

You have a personal issue with me IM me stop attacking me in the forum.

Joviex likes this.
  15. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

You don't? Cause I do. Comments like people being on good and naughty lists? Elitism? You don't think people spreading comments like that deserves clarification?

For one.. you are suggesting here that devs are keeping a 'naughty list' when no such thing was ever implied. That's coming from you.. not from them.

Many of the folks who got a boost have earned it through a lot of effort in helping the community. If that helps them get more testing in then great. If Devs know a particular person can be counted on to get more testing in and have that extra gold benefit more players.. then why not? It's not like anyone is keeping anything beyond the next wipe.

If it makes anyone feel better.. I didn't get any extra money either. I don't expect any and I don't care.

16. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I didn't think it was out of line.

Dame Lori and Lord Jouten like this.
  17. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

No, I'm not in game at the moment, evenings are family time for me. And please don't mistake my post as a request for a handout, or a complaint that I didn't get something. The issue I'm having stems directly from the realization that a fellow high level backer, knight level, was flat out refused gold when others were getting it, because he 'wasnt on the list'.

Maybe its just me, but that seems a bit uncool.

18. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I don't expect it or care if I get any as well. That wasn't my point. If I'm wrong in the naughty and nice list then great. If I'm not then crap. I made one post on this, in this thread don't go all gungho on me...I gave my reasons and I didn't attack anyone on it. I just gave some concerns.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  19. iwanbo

iwanbo Avatar

I can see how some can take DS's post as a little rude/condescending if you aren't an active member of the community here, but I would like to think the community here has seen enough posts/videos of the dev team to know that is not his (or their) intent. The SOTA dev team is, in my opinion, the tippy top of the mountain as far as listening/communicating with the community is concerned, and I think this is getting blown out of proportion.

TheMadHermit, Asclepius and Duke Raas like this.
  20. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

You're pretty much right...I didn't mean to come out as demanding anything(honestly didn't want anything). This got blown way out of proportion.

iwanbo, TheMadHermit and Asclepius like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.