1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Thank you for the presence on Steam

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Nov 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Thank you so much for your strong positive presence on Steam (reviews, discussions, videos, pics, etc.). It is really helping. Please keep up the good work and peek over in the discussions area periodically. Unsurprisingly we have some wild speculation happening and we are trying to address them as they come up but we are devs so hearing it from both us and our community will help bolster the messages.

Thanks,
    Darkstarr

2. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

PvP and Full LooT FTW !

Thanks DS !

Long life to Steam !

3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Steams a huge deal great way to grow the brand!

4. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

Will stay positive as much as possible but I'm all for a frank, open discussion about where we're going. And yes, if you want the community to talk for you more information is always a good thing :)

5. smack

smack Avatar

I was so delighted to see this when I went to the Steam store this morning...right there featured on the front page!

[​IMG]

Congratulations on achieving this milestone! Now let's all get out there and spread the good word (and screenshots, videos, Let's Plays, etc) about how awesome this game is shaping up to be.

6. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

I checked for this earlier and noticed it won't show up if I'm logged in (already in library, etc). Very cool to see out there!

7. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

We of course are good with open discussions. Not asking you to only say positive things but just help chime in on obviously incorrect speculation. My recent favorite: "they have 0 hours of gameplay"

8. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

woah I'm surprised how much it cost in €. They want 41,99€ what are around 52$.

[​IMG]

Even my bank doesn't charge that much.

Time Lord, Bodhbh Dearg and Net like this.
  9. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Done!

10. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

Definitely want to help provide a positive message. A lot of the questions I'm seeing regarding PvP, full loot, open map, player zone instance assignment, single player depth, and in-game vs real cash purchases, are all good questions. All of these questions have been discussed here in the past, but I think many (or all) discussion topics could use a fresh updated message from the dev team on current thinking. I'm personally hoping for an update with more depth on some of these topics.

On a slightly tangent note; I've heard from some new players that they're feeling lost on what to do once in the game, or are frustrated with their experience. It's hard to know if these are outliers or common feelings, but a few examples I've heard: (1) killing wolves and selling hide isn't viable to even repair armor. (2) In-game gold cost is too high to purchase a lot / house. (3) I didn't know there were more quests to do after the tutorial in Solace Bridge; I guess I'll go back to Braemar. (4) I spent a lot of gold to be a mage and it's not viable.

The tutorial is a great start but I think it falls short on what players should do to have "fun." I'm not sure if Lum would still consider "fun" as a bug, but I think we need more info immediately available to new players in-game regarding various ways to find fun and not so fun play paths. I'd hate for us to lose new players because they're either lost on what to do, or frustrated because they're not having fun in their play style.

11. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

Understood, upward and onward!

Time Lord and Bodhbh Dearg like this.
  12. Lord Spaz

Lord Spaz Avatar

I love to criticise your game DS but that is just absurd dont pay attention to such lousy comments read mine instead they are not as exagerated :)

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Lord Spaz

Lord Spaz Avatar

isnt that for all the expansions thou? they said the whole game will be made in 5 steps (5 discs) those 42 euro is for all the discs no? That would make it fairly cheap

Time Lord and Bodhbh Dearg like this.
  14. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Done and Done - Although my name is ChynaWatts on Steam - My sentiments are upon the recommendations writ. :)

Welcome Avatars of the Steam!

15. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

yeah you keep saying this over and over and once again I will say stuff like that doesn't help this game.

16. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

That is only for Episode 1. Basically the user is paying for a Adventurer level pledge when they buy the game off Steam (with the option to upgrade later).

Episode 2-3 come with the $90 pledge.

Episode 4-5 come with the $135 pledge.

17. Lord Spaz

Lord Spaz Avatar

Full Loot in a game like this is absurd! youre chasing this nice comunity away with that BS. Lose money regs potions whatevers in your backpack YES lose armour you farmed through PvE NO NO NO and NO!

UO with full loot worked when armour was worthless, you could fight naked or craft armour with iron ingots or just buy it of a blacksmith vendor dirt cheap. Nothing had ANY value. Now you had the possibility to take magic armour with you, that gave you a slight advantage and even that wasnt too hard to get. Now imagine UO post AOS with full loot... thats like making WoW full loot

I want to pvp a lot so I sure dont want to lose armour Ive spend hours or weeks on to lose it by a gank squad.... That way youll end up doing loads of pve just to do a tiny amount of pvp.
    Your idea has somthing cool rune but many people dont have respect for a duel and thats what will ruin the idea. How many duels Ive seen ruined because a guy whos supposed to be watching is casting big spells when one of the duelers get low on hp (in UO u didnt necessarily lose the fight when low on health because you could heal up just as fast as u took damage) or in many cases its 2 friends thats kill off a guy who just wanted to test his abilities in a fair duel. Well nothing wrong with that but losing armour that way would be quite frustrating.

Some people can be very cruel in games let me give you an example: UO free server AOS no Trammel. We are in doom (dungeon that used to drop the most valuable items), a guy is hunting all by himself in his expensive pve armour he spent about a year to get it. A notorious guild of reds show up (cheap gankers all very weak 1v1) they destroy his armour with maces by healing him and keeping him alive and trapping him in so he cant move. Poor guy watched how a year of work was torn to shreds in less than an hour. Thats not fun Im sorry and that wasnt even full loot seriously it would make no sense at all... full pvp now thats diffrent...

Personally I think youre either a troll or one of the gankers :)

have a good one mate

Womby, Time Lord, Gaelis and 4 others like this.
  18. Logain

Logain Avatar

Does the '12th rank' in the Steam - best selling list include the people who pledged and redeemed a key, or is that purely reflecting Steam purchases?

Time Lord, Koldar and Net like this.
  19. Resurrected

Resurrected Avatar

I think the price on Steam seems very expensive £25.49 (normally £29.99). Whilst I understand that this is approximately equivalent to the $45 Adventurer pledge, I can't help feeling that this pricing point will put off many people on Steam or worse get a lot of bad press from people that sign up not realisng what a pre-alpha game will look like. They will for that kind of money expect much more than what they get.

I do hope I am wrong and that Steam rolls on and gets more cash to the developers to get this game growing.

Time Lord and Logain like this.
  20. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

you get a full game for the price Resurrected, you can only start already now testing it. What I meant is that they want 7$ if you pay in € than if you pay direct in $.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.