Giving Thanks for SOTA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Satan Himself, Nov 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

As Thanksgiving approaches, many thanks to the dev team and everyone else who supports the creation of this wonderful game.

2. Ulfric

Ulfric Avatar

/signed.

So Lord British turned up in Braemar this evening... so refreshing to find a game where devs actually care about their community. Long may it continue!

3. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

It is sadly fairly common practice in the video game industry to be underpaid and work ridiculously long hours. I suspect with a small studio, a small budget, audacious goals, that SotA is no exception. I know people on these forums are quick to complain at times and they expect a lot. But people wouldn't be here if they weren't excited about the potential of what SotA can be. This is a passion project for the devs and fans alike. I'd like to express my appreciation for all the hard work the devs put in. I've suggested in the past putting a donation option on the website where they money does not go into the development budget, but rather a separate beer/pizza budget for the devs. I'd like to seriously offer that suggestion again.

In fact, why not make it a special item for sale in the add-on store such as a bar decoration for your house in game. But by purchasing that item, you're throwing money at the devs as a means of saying thank you?

Spoon, majoria70 and Loptr like this.
  4. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

They are and they do - but as they've told us before, they do it because they love and believe in what they're doing here. :)

We already had our Thanksgiving in Canada, but I don't mind saying it again - thank you VERY much, SotA team, for everything you're doing to try and bring us the best game you can! I love my new home already.

Also, beer/pizza donations - make it so!

5. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Long live SotA and everyone who works so hard to make it our home.

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. It was indeed a happy day for me to discover this game being made. I'm thankful for the Development Team, I am thankful to have witnessed this process and I am thankful for all involved, the community and the dev team also. It has been an honor and also an interesting learning process for me. I have had the opportunity to research all kinds of things I would not have even known about. For example rigging, who knew that a character had to be rigged joint by joint to do what it does. lol anyway I am very greatful to have had this opportunity, not only to dream of what could be in a game, but also to see what goes on in the making of a game. Best wishes to all for you to have wonderful and precious times for your holidays.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.