Farewell Stephen Daniele, you will be missed.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bubonic, Nov 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

If the appearance of New Britannia has a soul it is Stephen Daniele

2. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Will we still see more PotA with Stephen? Hope so, as well I also enjoy watching the other Artists work. (hint Dungeon previews).

I don't see Stephen as a guy who will disappear from this community and/or the Austin team.

3. King Dane

King Dane Avatar

Thanks for mentioning Stephen's MTG career Amberraine. I didn't realize he drew so many of my favorite cards! For a complete list of his card art, click here.

4. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Aye, he has some absolutely fantastic M:TG cards. I have at least 4 of each of them (for those that never played M:TG - 4 is a magick number) . Having just acquired my 4th academy this past year.

Dame Lori - It is sad, yet true is it not? So few give the proper appreciation to the person while they are alive and wait until they themselves can not hear how many hearts they touch, how much they have inspired and how loved ... beyond loved.. they truly are. None of this reads as tho he has past from life.. just from being the one we get to drool... errr watch every month (which dwindled from so much more then that quickly - that was our first indication something was not right) -- This whole thread reads of "We love you Stephen"

Dallas... psst Dallas... can we get on that contacting Mr Daniele for another Pen Of The Avatar? If he's free, maybe he will do it :) His adoring fans have so much more to learn :)

Maybe if nothing else, Stephen can create a channel of his own showing his work - That would be something I am sure many of us would embrace. I know I would be front and center.

5. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

I hope Stephen will be back for Episodes 2-5.

6. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

And SotA II: Episode 1 Dawn of the Rise of the Electric Boogaloo

7. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

I would like to Hear @Dallas Thoughts On whether Stephen is a go for episode 2-5 Concept art and what ever else he can pervide in the realm of Art.. Provided he is willing and available of course... :)

Time Lord, Montaigne and Amberraine like this.
  8. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I hope he stays around. A guy like that definitely should get many job opportunities. Not to mention his exposure through pen of the avatar. Potential employers can literally watch him work.

However, if we remember to really think about the internal workings of SotA ... I mean really internal... There is a bad ass Tron version of Stephan Daniele inside the server that will always be there hanging out with all the other programs. :D

9. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

I have all of Stephen's SOTA concept art in rotation as my Windows backgrounds.

10. Belrindor

Belrindor Avatar

Thank you, Stephen, for all you have done and contributed to this project.

Your talents and efforts have been an inspiration to many, myself included.

In my limited time the past year, I've not been able to be as active in the community as I'd like to, but I always made time for your Pen of the Avatar.

Well done! And may your feet never tire, on whatever paths ye may trod. All the best.

11. Borg

Borg Avatar

Now, this is sad.
    First time I saw Stephen's art I felt like Portalarium made its best member recruitment, I have his art in my desktop, always inspiring me.
    I bet a stretch goal asking to make Stephen Daniele Eternal member of Portalarium would be reached faster than any of the unsuccessful active stretch goals.
    I just wish we see you around soon.

12. Fox Cunning

Fox Cunning Localization Team

Another cheers for Stephen! I love his art - his Academy Researchers MTG card was in most of my decks the last years I played ;) - and I'm sure we'll see more of that in future SoTA episodes!

13. caravaggiosWolf (Dev)

caravaggiosWolf (Dev) Developer Emeritus

Thank you everyone for your kind words! I am truly touched by your support. :) I have been a part of this community since the beginning and I look forward to playing the finished Shroud of the Avatar with you all! Portalarium is an amazing group of people and I have no doubt they are going to deliver an engrossing and entertaining experience. Yes, I am available now on a as needed basis for SotA and I look forward to coming back for Episode II if the timing works out!

If you want to stay up to date on what I'm doing you can follow me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/stephen.daniele.artist or if you want to exploit my talents you can connect with me on LinkedIn. https://www.linkedin.com/pub/stephen-daniele/1/626/19b

Thank you again, I am humbled by your kindness.

Stephen

14. Mata

Mata Avatar

Thank you, all the best for you and see you in Episode II!

15. MindBlast

MindBlast Avatar

16. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Thanks for everything, Stephen. Your work on this project will be shown in my wizard tower for as long as the game allows it. Your spirit will live on long after that.

I look forward to seeing more from you in the future! :)

17. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

The legends say that he is still drawing to this day.

18. TheMadHermit

TheMadHermit Avatar

Stephen,

I refuse to say bye to you. You are part of the SOTA family and aren't going anywhere in my mind. The modern business model is extremely fluid these days and people with your talent, skill and professionalism are perfectly suited to handle the ebb and flow of it. You are an inspiration to us all and I know you will do well. Thanks for taking us on your journey and I look forward to seeing the many journeys yet to come!

-The Mad Hermit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.