Consensual pvp???? Stay a While and Listen Why this is no fun.....

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by gonzo9002, Aug 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Divergence:

a : a drawing apart
    b : the acquisition of dissimilar characters by related organisms under the influence of unlike environments

: dissemination of the effect of activity of a single nerve cell through multiple synaptic connections—compare

Create 2 servers, 1 with player wanting 1 style content and 1 with players wanting a completely different style content and you will end up needed to develop 2 different sets of content.

2. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

i dont mean 2 servers just separate them depending if they have the blessing or not in different instances with different rulesets

every hex could be 4 server

depending if you are na or european
    and if you are blessed or not it will throw you in the right hex

so you dont have lag , can play your playstyle with the ruleset you like
    there would be 4 times more house spots + the combat system could be much more deep then with less lag

i have no clue about coding but why it should not work.
    when a game is popular multiple servers are full of people why not let them play in 1 world together but in different instances except towns where everyone can meet and trade and gamble together ??

if you have an na friend you want to play with which you met in a town ,you could change in the options to enter the na hexes to play wioth him or help him out witht he warning of maybe getting bad ping 130 +

3. Net

Net Avatar

That works well for populated hexes, however, what if members of our party inclue Australian, South African, European and North American players? Shall we play on two or more different servers? Do we get special instance with increased lag? If we share the instance with others, how they will be affected by increased lag some of our players have? It is not really simple problem.

Also on low populated hexes where is usually noo ne or two people, there is no much need to separate them even further or they will be really empty.

On the other hand, there is option for Friends-only game. Perhaps there could be option for PvPers only game, but I think that most PvPers will want to interact with non PvPers...
    The instancing system can handle it, but does it make sense to make separate mode for everyone? It will make the game more and more empty.

Lord Lonn likes this.
  4. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

Different servers split people up.
    You have open PvP flagging as-is, that's enough.

The idea is to allow everyone in the world to play together. I hope that attitude hasn't changed or I'll be very disappointed.

Net likes this.
  5. Murdock

Murdock Avatar

Everyone may be together, but are they really all playing the same game?

6. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I'm not sure what you are trying to get at.

Net likes this.
  7. King Dane

King Dane Avatar

I believe he is alluding to the fact that our world isn't one giant static world, but a multi-instanced world in which players have the flexibility to see anyone they'd like, but at the cost of only seeing a limited number of players. This is as artificial a construct as separate servers, but it does offer the flexibility to see anyone that you'd like.

8. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

He is saying the same thing I have been. I think.

If you make PvP pure area, for example, and PvE pure dungeon crawl, again for example.

The worlds will never cross and the demands for content will always be different. Separating them is easy because it's 2 different games.

With SotA, PvP and PvE cross paths and the attempt is being made to design things so the demands for content also cross paths.

Murdock likes this.
  9. Murdock

Murdock Avatar

Thanks Ristra :)

10. Warlord Greebo

Warlord Greebo Avatar

Of course, you know that since the title is even related to UO...

There are two things which will burn in many players minds;

1. the ability to pk those who dont want to be.

2. The ability to steal from players.

As much and as many of the things that UO was, these are the two things I think that affect player interaction the most - that is in retrospect to other mmo's.

I do not expect nor ask for them to be in game. I guess if I REALLY wanted them I would be on a UO 'free' server. Lets face it those are actually still around and some are still quite lively. Funny part about it is there are SO MANY that are pre trammel. I do not know what it sais about us as mmo players, but I think it sais something:)

Tahru likes this.
  11. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I have a thought about this. Based on other post on the forum, there is a relative consensus that if the game lets people do something, they will. Real life is very much the same which is why criminal law exists. There just aren't many people that want to be lawyers in video games, corrupt politicians yes, lawyers no. I'll admit, that PK'ers and thieves are not my favorite people, but they are a better alternative to having a virtual court system and a slew of laws that end of sucking the fun out of everything.

Moonshadow likes this.
  12. Anendrue

Anendrue Avatar

I have no issue with PvP and would like to see a full loot PvP world. However, I do have a problem with PK'ing those who do not wish to participate. If that is to be allowed then implement a bounty system that increases according to murder and thievery. When it gets high enough implement an unknown to the PK'er a random percent that their bounty now includes permanent death of that avatar. If you want to live by the sword then be willing to die by the sword. Think of the rush when you get in a fight not knowing if that will be your last breath. If you win OMG the exhilaration. If you die oh my the agony of defeat.

***Queue the old NBC theme music for the Wide World of Sports***

Charli.J and Mark Johnson like this.
  13. Liono

Liono Avatar

Well the game could be full loot,but have insurance on said gear,the better the gear you don't want to lose the more expensive the insurance,and the one that landed that fatal bow gets the insurance money from his trophy,but the gold comes from his items,and he has to go and reinsurance his gear before entering battle again

14. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Dont worry about Pk's ..........

.................., they ll dont play at SotA.

15. Silent Strider

Silent Strider Avatar

More like the safe country, which covers about a third of the play area if I'm not mistaken and includes mines and other kinds of gathering nodes, dungeons, and everything the player needs to experience most, if not all, kinds of PvE content.

And those town guards sense attacks without the need for them being reported, teleport to the attackers' position, kill anyone in a few seconds, and can't be killed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.