Looking for more lore

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by fireflygirl, Dec 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fireflygirl

fireflygirl Avatar

So far I have only been able to find some basic lore on the wiki page, that there was an civilization before the moons collided and almost destroyed the world and that the survives struggled for generations to rebuild, but there is nothing about what the culture is like now or any real details about the world now. Is there any sources that explain more about the world yet that I just have not found or is it still being kept a mystery at this point?

I am trying to come up with a back story for my character and a bit of personal lore, but I want it to fit into the world and have it make sense, its also hard to get started with out a reference point. Any help would be greatly appreciated, particularly any information about the old magic if it exists yet(i understand that not much is know about the world before cataclysm and that its part of the mystery of the game, but any information will help)

2. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Sir Cabirus and smack like this.
  3. fireflygirl

fireflygirl Avatar

sweet thanks, Blade of the Avatar is actually on my Christmas wish list but this will be a good start, didn't know there was so much lore form it posted already.

E n v y likes this.
  4. smack

smack Avatar

Definitely read BotA! Also they had a series of Story Sneak Peeks over the course of many Weekly Updates, but they were all compiled in one post here:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-sneak-peak-keeping-it-all-in-one-piece.3984/

If you have the time, check out any of the Hangouts where they talked about Story. Here's what I have bookmarked (in chronological order):

Shroud of the Avatar Story Hour with Richard and Tracy (transcription)

Shroud of the Avatar Dev Chat with Richard Garriott and Tracy (transcription)

Hangout of the Avatar ~ 9.27.13 ~ Virtues & Unity Scene Jam Results: Week 1 (transcription)

Deep Dive - Single Player Offline

Truth, Love, & Courage + State of the Realm

Shroud of the Avatar Cyber Monday 12-Hour Telethon of the Avatar! (skip to 3:03:00)

Sir Cabirus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.