Port Support!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sciamano, Dec 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sciamano

Sciamano Avatar

Ok so this thread is simple, Portalarium has been getting a lot of heat from players about one thing or another being either imbalanced/bugged/not how I like it etc etc etc.....

I would just like to have a thread where everyone posts a short 1-2 liner about what they have enjoyed the most about what the staff has been doing lately, when they are having a bad day they can see the new posts here as a pick-me-up that they are on the right track.

Please try to keep this positive, if you have criticism they are good at tracking it and working on it but please keep it in another thread ;)

For me I would like to say that I love the fact that they randomly log in and just see what we are
    up to and give us attention not just by making the game but playing it with is, that is something you don't see often anymore.

Second they do a good job at knowing what I want even though sometimes I tell them differently, sometimes I need to learn patience as most of us do!

2. Mata

Mata Avatar

Ich werde weiterhin für SotA Werbung machen! :)
    I will continue to advertise Sota! :)

Spoon, Jatvardur, Gaelis and 2 others like this.
  3. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Ich habe andere spiele, Sota ist meine Heimat.
    I have other games, Sota is my home.

Spoon, Gaelis, Keira OFaolain and 2 others like this.
  4. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

My house is awesome.
    I can't speak German.

Spoon, Jatvardur, majoria70 and 4 others like this.
  5. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

I mostly enjoy the combat, and I will love being able to dye my armour and clothing. :)

majoria70, Gaelis, Mata and 1 other person like this.
  6. Father Aquila

Father Aquila Avatar

I was happy when housing decay was implemented. This was a great move by the devs and I snagged a cool village plot next to Alestorm's Tavern in Port Phoenix..I thought I would try out the ring of stones for the first time :)

Spoon, Jatvardur, Gaelis and 2 others like this.
  7. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

Depending how mood strikes me, I can play -single, -friends only, -open or with the Oracles blessing. I love this concept.

cobran, Spoon, majoria70 and 3 others like this.
  8. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

i think the most impressive thing i have found is the devs are actually in the game. how often have you seen the devs play what they create. they are listining to the converns of the comunity and so far i have not seen to many dev ideas pushed as law. its so early game and they have done such a great job at listing to us as a comunity and changing things when we have told this dosnt work. i know many still have things they think need changed and i firmly belive in time they will be but until then devs great job and thank you so much for developing my new home.

ps. loved the inactive house drop i picked up a town house in upper owlshead! :)

Spoon, gtesser, Gaelis and 2 others like this.
  9. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i like how they do not have the 'rock star' mentality thinking they're all billy badass, and we're just idiots who do not know what we even want. they ask. they care. they just sit back and hang out with us from time to time. they are just people too, and they know it.

10. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

I like the inexorable progress we see with each release. Just gets better every time.

11. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I appreciate how Portalarium is open and understanding of the community. There are so many people in the forums that are deeply passionate about this project and that passion can sometimes result in frustrations in the form of angry posts and sometimes going so far out of bounds as to instruct them how to run the business affairs. I think most people would lose their cool by some of the less elegantly written criticisms, but Portalarium has keep it professional and hopefully views both the good in the bad as constructive attempts by players whom sometimes care too much.

Some developers work passionately around the clock and it can be pretty thankless and demotivating sometimes.

Spoon and Gaelis like this.
  12. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I like real people instead of algorithms deciding who i should play with.
    I like deciding what i want to be and not forced to fight something at every turn. Im a conscientious objector. (a coward)

And i like that folks can be like "Hey, Troll hunter" or "Hey Lord British" and get them to come hang out like real folks do.

I Also like fighting for something other than just "sweet loot" or to be the "best". The best rewards aren't material.

Spoon and Gaelis like this.
  13. Whitestag

Whitestag Avatar

Being allowed to input on the development of SOTA knowing that in ways this normally will slow down development but in the end makes for a largely better game..
    And
    Seeing this development and the priorities as they form are rare for one not actually being on the dev team developing a game at this stage.
    And
    Fine tuning ones views for those who might in the future.

Being mainly PVE and being challenged to a duel with a PVP player with big PVP letters in tag knowing they are probally 50+ level when I am 25 level, seeing confusion when I clock em in the head with a focus dump nailing them for about half life before they kill me in 5 swings at full life. Back to testing I go hoho 8 }

Spoon, majoria70 and Gaelis like this.
  14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I like how the dev team is interacting more with us and I also Like the work that was recently done on the female avatar. She's beautiful.
    I like this game and the progress I am seeing each release. It is exciting to come into each release and see more and more implemented:)

Spoon, Keira OFaolain and Gaelis like this.
  15. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I appreciate the forums! they make my work days go by fast! I appreciate fire spells and immolation! and fire balls! No need for light spells with those! I also appreciate earthquake spell! Over all i like the game in PVE or PVP mode! I love seeing ideas we come up with placed in game, give us a sense of ownership!

16. Sciamano

Sciamano Avatar

I would like to give a round of applause to Chris and others who have put time into the deck/combat system. The more I keep playing I keep finding out how more things work and how they "tick". I constantly find more ways that they are making the framework of a fantastic game and even for how early it is in development it is surprisingly well done. Often time's when I am feeling frustrated because something is broke I just start testing something else and have a blast doing so.

Tahru, Spoon and Keira OFaolain like this.
  17. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I love the Selective Multiplayer with persistent world and economy.
    I love that Open PvP is a flag that can be turned on/off.
    It solves so many issues one normally have with ordinary MMOs.

I love the agile stand ups and monthly hangouts.

I miss all the great talent that has been with us and then gone elsewhere.

Tahru likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.