The heart of sorrow artifact

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Galder, Dec 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Like the Book of Truth, the Bell of Courage and the Candle of Love before it?

Three artifacts for the virtues for the end game?

2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I've love to have those but I'm afraid they're probably too specific. You could probably get away with a bell, book and candle.. but with those specific objects are very iconic. There's a difference I think between an concept and an actual named object.

3. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Instead of the Candle of Love, perhaps you get the Heart of Sorrow artifact which has corrupted Love?

4. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Upon my travels throughout the land, i came upon a hermit type person, deep in the swamps, I sat down for a cup of his ale, which was no normal ale Ive ever had and he began to tell me a story of something called "The Heart of Sorrow". As he started his story, the room began to swirl round and round! I felt faint and closed my eyes tight!

When i opened them i was standing in the middle of some unknown town, I saw a beautiful maiden walking down the street, everything around her was fuzzy, but she was not, she was clear as day.I yelled out to her, but she did not respond! When i finally reached her i reached out for her shoulder but my hand went right through her and her image dissipated, into nothing!

I rubbed my eyes not believing what i had just seen! When i opened them again, i was in some forest, and i heard weeping! Pulling my weapon ready for any danger i moved deeper into the woods until i saw her there crying. I asked, "Milady what is wrong?" She didn't even look my way! I walked over to her and again i said "Milady what is wrong?" She looked up and i thought i had finally gotten her attention, but i did not! She was looking straight through me and as i turned i saw a young Lord coming through the woods!

I turned to him and started towards him. When he saw her he broke into a sprint and ran right through me! I realized then i was here, but i was not! He cradled the lady in his arms and said "My Father wants me to marry Lady Josephine, but i told him i would not! For i am in love with you! I care not that you are but a peasant woman!

My father has sworn death upon you because i will not marry another! Yes Josephine's from the Kingdom my father wants me to marry into, for his own selfish desires, and he cares not how i feel about it! We must flee from here and get as far away as possible! It is the only way you and I can ever be together!"

I then went faint and when i came too i was standing in a ravine between two mountains. There up ahead i saw light from a campfire so i moved up closer to investigate. There the two sat in each others arms, warming themselves by the fire. The young Lord spoke again, "Father has hired an evil priest to come cast a spell on you that will forever keep us apart, and i will not let that happen my love, nothing can keep us apart!
    She leaned in closer to him and they embraced each other, and began to kiss!

All of a sudden a black energy appeared before them crackling with dark lightening and a mist almost in a shape of a huge ball! As the energy dissipated there stood a frail main with black robes! The young Lord pulled his weapon and charged at this dark priest! The priest waved his hand and a purple giant hand of energy snatched the lad by the throat and lifted him into the air! The Priest just laughed showing his toothy grin!

"You are a fool boy! Do you even know who i am?" I am the reason, you had nightmares as a child boy! With his other hand, he waved in a figure eight motion, and clouds filled the sky and it starting pouring rain! The mud started to shift and move, and a bone hand rose up from the puddles, followed by a skeletal body!

Looking around i saw more of the same! Then one appeared beside me and i swung my mace, but it went through him and throwing me off balance, as i regained my posture, I looked back at this evil Priest, he threw the boy against the mountain side and his body slumped to the ground, still breathing but not moving! the girl was huddled in the corner against the the mountain wall! I then i saw it i could not believe my eyes!

Red vines started wrapping up around the girl she screamed out, starting on her feet wrapping up her legs, the vines wrapped and wrapped almost consuming her body! It wrapped around her neck then her face! Before it completely covered her eyes she saw that the lord has regained consciousness, he mouthed the words "I love you", she then pulled her arms down in front of her and made the symbol of "I love you" with her hands forming a heart!

Her body then exploded except for her hands frozen in this symbol of love forever, the vines connected the hands making a necklace of sort! The boy tried to stand up but the Priest caught him by his throat again, this time with his physical hand!" The he said, "You are a fool for not accepting the hand, that can bring you riches beyond belief!" The boy shot back at the Priest, "I will never love another!"
    The priest seem the least bit interested in the boys thought, and responded with, " I figured as much!" The priest's hand began to glow enveloping the boy in a purple glow, his body went limp, his soul transferred to the priest! He dropped his lifeless body to the ground and laughed!

He began to transform, the age old man that stood there was now, the young lord! He brushed off his clothing, and waved his hand once more the earth opened up and swallowed the boys body, then closed again! He walked over to where the morbid amulet lay picked it up and admired his works then placed it around his neck! Then all went black!

When i awoke, I was laying on the floor of this hermits cabin! I jumped up and looked around, there was no sign of life here but my own, but there carved on the wooden table, was a talisman of 2 hands forming a heart attached by a red chain of vines!

Keira OFaolain, Womby, Devoid and 4 others like this.
  5. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    There are three Shadowlords and thus one for each of the Anti-Principles: Hatred (Astaroth), Falsehood (Faulinei), and Cowardice (Nosfentor). Similar to the Candle of Love, Book of Truth, and Bell of Courage, the Shadowlords are the embodiment of their respective anti-principles. So I believe anything, as far as I know, other than Portelarium using Shadowlords for the anti-principles is fine. I could be wrong but what little searching I did proves there where no other anti-principle artifacts. So Yes, It could absolutely be the Opposite of Love, but in the past the opposite of love is hate. It very well could be corrupted love though, in this game. :)

Keira OFaolain and blaquerogue like this.
  6. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

Well done story, like it a lot :)

7. Devoid

Devoid Avatar

Cursed items! Love all things cursed!
    Especially cursing others with spells and deeds!
    Yes, there is a great need for more curses and the corruption they bring!

And hurt! I fear that there will be too little hurt in this game, I sincerely hope that the devs are balancing all the virtues and virtuous with at least as much anti-virtues and corruption! There needs to be something to make this game interesting!

8. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

It is a globe made from shard fragments. Occasionally, depending on little understood astrological alignments, the globe begins to emit a strange glow. Staring into the glowing depths allows an avatar to become an avatar of an avatar, one who is lacks color, moves in mysterious ways and roams through the battle, impervious to attack, leaving despair and sorrow in his path. Combatants in the area around the despair avatar lose the will to fight. Soon the avatar fades to oblivion, leaving its creator staring into a strangely inert dark globe, the first to recover and facing a strangely disoriented battleground before him.

blaquerogue likes this.
  9. Galder

Galder Avatar

Has anyone found anything related to this artifact or even the artifact itself?

10. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I have found that because I don't know more about it, I'm sorrowful. :)

Budner and Keira OFaolain like this.
  11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Im still searching for it! it is out there somewhere hidden from prying eyes!

Keira OFaolain likes this.
  12. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Has there been any indication that it's even in-game yet?

13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

At night you can see a glow that is off from everything else around it!

14. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

This is given to all pvpers to wanted full loot

15. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

LOL

16. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

The first sign of the glow was in the far north in the mountains, but it is said to travel great distances and appear elsewhere at times, i once came across it in field, in the elf lands just outside Owls head! It is said to show up there more frequently.

17. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I'm gonna store my corpse trophies in it! :)

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Devoid

Devoid Avatar

BAH-HA-HA!
    :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.