I haven't been killed yet. What happens when you die?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ElCabong, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElCabong

ElCabong Avatar

Loose your stuff and wander as a ghost until you find a shrine? Like it was in the good ol days?

2. ReTARDIS

ReTARDIS Avatar

I dearly hope so, lol.

I haven't bought the game yet, but your question just made me want to buy it even more.

3. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

4. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Welcomes to you both
    And nothing really right now you hang out for a few minutes as a ghost then respawn.

5. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

OOOOooOoo

Keira OFaolain and Themo Lock like this.
  6. Alpha Protocol

Alpha Protocol Avatar

When you die, you decide to take the stairs next time...

If you find an Ankh you will get resurrected. That's the only thing to do besides wait for now.

7. Robby

Robby Avatar

I died constantly last time i played. You must be awesome at this game if you hadnt died yet.

8. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

The first time I played this game I immediately ran out onto some random forest map wearing just my starter gear and a tophat, attacked a wolf (probably with one of the many beer mugs I looted from the tutorial map), and died in style :3

I probably lasted a total of 10 minutes before I died in this game.

9. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

The major thing I think they need to update at this point is making death for PvP and death for PvE the same. IF you are killed by a player it would be nice if the death penalties aren't as harsh because then the PvPer will be double penalized due to the loot and this death penalty.

Also the encounters set in the PvE environment are selective by the devs to be challenging or not. In PvP there is no telling what challenge you will have. It isn't scripted. If people choose to travel in groups it will be miserable for PvPers that travel alone (many do because we can't always wait for a team to log on).

If the Equipment and Experience deficit is removed I think there will be more PvPers in this world. After all the trouble the PvP topic is to deal with they may as well make not chase people away from PvP. That's their whole reason for removing full loot. I would rather have full loot than death penalties. Full loot can be an inscentive because it benifits the looter, but death penalities provide NO benifit or incentive for anybody.

10. Robby

Robby Avatar

Im hoping that it will be possible to travel alone, and lightly armed in PvP mode thru the development of stealth and rogue style skills. And not just for the purposes of being a theif. I think a professional treasure hunter/adventurer type character ought to be able to travel the world and acquire amazing treasures just by being skilled and cunning.

I enjoy playing UO sometimes with a locksmith, hiding, stealth based character. I play on a free shard so its all full loot PvP. What I do is stealth around dungeons in nothing but everday clothing and pick chests. I can walk around invisible, even unlock and untrap chests and then loot them while invisible. My character is completely blue, and has no murder counts. Im by no means a "lawful good" kind of character. If someone else is slayed in the dungeon ill grab their loot. What good is it to them dead anyways right? >=-)

I think that if I elect to play in full loot PvP mode i'd prefer the consequences to death to be equal, or perhaps worse than dieing in PvP. Its the whole idea behind electing full loot PvP. Im saying, "you can loot me completely if you get me.... but if I get you the same rules apply...". If your looking to play PvP but not full loot, im sure there could be room for that option as well. Just like how you can play either limit or no limit holdem.

11. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

This is a good point. I am hoping that stealth becomes a useful tactic in not only stealing up on opponents in PvP, but also avoiding conflict as well.

I am also of the opinion that PvP can include non-confrontational tactics. So you find some enimies, and you use your stealth ability to avoid them completely. If SotA can implement a stealth system that allows for a person highly skilled in stealth to be able to avoid conflict by moving slowly or by slipping around from cover to cover behind objects and also develop the need for such a thing I think that will make stealth and PvP much better.

Also an assassin who wants to recover a bounty on a person might want to avoid all conflict and shadow the person they want to assassinate. This would mean they don't want to kill every enemy. The only thing that matters to a bounty hunter, or more specifically "the assassin" is the target.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.