Mac OS X Launcher - "Accept Incoming Connections?"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GJSchaller, Jan 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GJSchaller

GJSchaller Avatar

When I use the Launcher on my Mac to launch / update SotA, I consistently get a pop-up from OS X asking:

"Do you want the application "Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher.app" to accept incoming network connections?"

[​IMG]

I saw a similar issue with another app I use on my Mac, and it seems to be an issue with the security certificate for the app itself being signed with a valid certificate:

http://apple.stackexchange.com/ques...f-firewall-accept-incoming-connections-dialog

Is this something that the OS X devs can look into, to prevent the dialogue from popping up every time it launches? It's especially annoying when there's a bunch of updates pending, as the Launcher re-launches itself each time, and the prompt comes back up and forces me to accept it again.

Thank you!

2. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

Do you use Steam?

I've never run into this problem opening SOTA through Steam.

3. GJSchaller

GJSchaller Avatar

I have it, but I would prefer to avoid Steam, as when I open it, it will update itself and other games, too. If SotA is moving to Steam only, that is one thing, but if not, this is an annoyance that should be addressed.

(I'm an IT guy for a living - If there's an error or bug of some sort, I try to address it, not just avoid it, where possible.)

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  4. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

The non-steam launcher uses a P2P/torrent sharing thingy to help others patch in updates. This is what your Mac is complaining about.

Nothing nefarious, nothing to see here, ignore those black helicopters and move along...

5. GJSchaller

GJSchaller Avatar

Oh, I know perfectly well what it is. It's still an extra button I need to click on each time I launch / update the client, though, which is annoying and can be solved with a proper cert being installed in the app.

6. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

You can turn off auto-updates, you know. Well not Steam itself but for the games you don't want to auto-update, you can turn them off manually.

Anyways, yeah they should address it but in the meantime, there is Steam. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.