1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

First Quarter 2015 Schedule Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Dec 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Undelivered

Undelivered Avatar

Any word on when we can get our Physical items? I really want my map :p

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes it is suppose to be next release that we see pledge items in game, so hopefully it works.;)

3. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

Physical items, such as the cloth map (which is what Arctis refers to), and the physical copy of Blade of the Avatar, along with other various physical items, are NOT the same as our in-game pledge rewards.

Just FYI.

Sir Stile Teckel likes this.
  4. Wody

Wody Avatar

(about housing permissions)
    I'd also like it a lot if this was earlier rather than later. Already in game there are groups of people which are scamming and harassing and generally up to no good, and I'd love to be able to remove them from my bar at least.

Gaelis, Arianna and Jack Knyfe like this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Sorry yes I missed the physical items comment, and regarding that, probably closer to release, and we are not sure when exactly release will be. The Development team stated the game won't be done until we say it is done.

6. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I apologize for any redundancy, but does that include the lot deeds and buildings as well?

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi Cordelayne. Oh no apologies needed. Welcome to you. If I understand your questions correctly, lot deeds and buildings that you have pledged for will show up in game hopefully for R14 if they can make it work that is. The thing is since the game is not finished being developed there may still be wipes coming up since the game isn't launched yet, but you should be able to replace your pledge lots and deeds when that happens.

Gaelis likes this.
  8. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

9. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Thanks Majoria, so basically then with Release 14 everything and everyone will be reset to zero including, players houses etc? Is my understanding correct?

majoria70 likes this.
  10. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

I know that we get wiped for some releases... I don't care about items but, when you wipe can you make a list of people who have achieved certain goals like Level 30 and Level 50 which kick in bonus skill points to start the next release at that level? Strictly during Alpha stage... so that we don't have to go back over the same content but instead we can move on quickly to newer harder content and stress test those area's instead of the ones we have been tromping around in for a month...

I will have no concerns over starting at level 1 when game is released to public, but during the alpha stage at least allow those of us who have achieved higher levels to keep going... I'd hate having to grind for a few weeks before I can get into the newer features being made available and hopefully tougher creatures to poke...

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I know it is difficult to have to lose your progress and the development team has apologized and said they will do it as little as possible. Since some of combat,game features, and skills are still being put in it is difficult to keep it without wiping.
    The game used to be open only a few days once a month so that part has improved. I'm not sure if they can start people out at a higher level or something but it never hurts to ask;) Also there is usally something
    new in each release sometimes lots of new things to test out and new areas to explore so it shouldn't be the same old same old in all ways. We do this for our game, we can do it;) Starr Long will post a lengthy thread right before the next release that will
    give us a list of the features and stuff they were able to get in the game before we get to download patches and play the next release. That is always a really exciting thing to read, to me anyway. :) I always read every word.

12. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

If something changes in the levelling system we should level up to test it, and some of those changes go unnoticed to players, so i don't think that's a good idea. Devs should consider it for releases in which progression and leveling content stays static, though; in that case, your point fits perfectly.

JazIronfist likes this.
  13. Crag

Crag Avatar

Im super keen to see items dropped anywhere, its the ultimate in game immersion. I think this feature should be put to the top of the list as it sets shroud apart from any other mmo style of game.

fantalio likes this.
  14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

LOL yes I'm with you Crag. We are told that will happen, but at this point that feature would not do well because of issues in this point of development. We were told it would be added later. So hang in there and welcome to you ***majoria bows***

Cordelayne likes this.
  15. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

i dont' know if i can continue play this game if skills are wiped every time... maybe i can retry playing on Beta stage.. i've to work.. i've family.. i can't kill spiders every day

16. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

It is a given that wipes are going to happen. It is just how testing works. Most people would want nothing to do with the game until it launches for this exact reason. But not only would preventing wipes hinder development, it would be incredibly unfair to people that play at release time since gold is falling out of the trees right now.

Logain likes this.
  17. Undelivered

Undelivered Avatar

Gatsu that is what a alpha/beta is about testing content for the developers.

Gatsu. likes this.
  18. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

It's understandable. Testing isn't for everyone.

19. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

I don't really care about skill levels, I care about having fun in game while testing, the rest will come automatically...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

20. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Crosses fingers!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.