Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Player owned light houses.

Discussion in 'Release 13 Feedback' started by rune_74, Dec 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

The light houses look fantastic....one issue though, they all give out light and in kings port there are three light houses side by side....imagine the nautical problems coming into port.

Is there a limit to lighthouse for instance?

Sir Cabirus, Tahru and Net like this.
  2. King Dane

King Dane Avatar

This issue has been left on the back burner for too long. I'm glad you brought it up. On one hand, we want players to have the freedom to build a lighthouse if they so desire, however on the other hand, rows of lighthouses are beyond ridiculous looking. They not only look ugly when grouped together, but also betray the suspension of disbelief by making it painfully clear that they have no nautical value and are purely aesthetic.

Personally, I'd be willing to live with limitations on my lighthouse-building ability for the sake of suspension of disbelief (I know I could just say 'immersion' but what if Mishri finds out? :p), but other players might not be so willing.

FrostII likes this.
  3. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

To be clear this isn't like other buildings because these actually have a area affecting ability....the light across the night sky.

4. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

They could tie it to the economy. More than one lighthouse in a port means that all ships sink and there is no more trade available in the city. Then people all riot and lynch the persons responsible for this mess ;)

Tahru likes this.
  5. King Dane

King Dane Avatar

Yeah that seems reasonable enough. :D

FrostII likes this.
  6. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

If they place any limitation on the number of light houses in a city, then people will complain a pledge reward was diminished or taken away from them.

In reality, I don't think it will be too huge of an issue with three light houses next to each other in practice. The reason being is that while the lighthouse is very cool, the land based Knight house is just that much better and has more room.

7. smack

smack Avatar

Well, they already set the precedent with limited waterfront property. I don't think limiting where light houses should be placed is going to cause an outcry. If you really want that light house for a home, there's only going to be certain places to live and I'm comfortable with that for NPC towns.

8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it would help if the owner could turn the light off.

Xenolivar Woengus and smack like this.
  9. Horton Irongate

Horton Irongate Avatar

I recommended months ago in a Dev meeting, that if a person is home then their should/could be smoke coming out of their chimney. This signifies that the person is inside their house or maybe even online. Steanne has a great idea:
    . But how about if the game turns each light house on & off in sequence and maybe even leave it on if the owner is home or allow them to turn it on/off while home? What a great visual effect to know that my friend is home today.

FrostII likes this.
  10. Lord Woengus

Lord Woengus Avatar

I have one of those light house in Kingsport and i wish i could turn off the light ...

11. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

I guess the real question is how many waterfront town/cities will there be vs how many people have pledged for lighthouses?

12. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

Yeah. Once there are more options for placement, I don't think it will be an issue. Lots are getting wiped in 12 days anywho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.