Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Immediate need to have Owner with Ability to BAN people from property

Discussion in 'Release 13 Feedback' started by Weins201, Jan 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Lots of great ideas there!

Filthy Peasant and Spoon like this.
  2. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

Lots of great ideas, Spoon. I share your view that there should be an item, spell, or some kind of interesting and explainable game mechanic for why things and actions exist in the game.

This one idea about silencing people for local chat seems like it could get out of hand with players griefing each other. I like the idea, but perhaps it should be a proximity spell and only castable by lot and player town owners, and their trustees just as a means for them to keep the peace for their plot of land.

Filthy Peasant, Spoon, Sophi and 2 others like this.
  3. Odin BloodBayne

Odin BloodBayne Avatar

I personally used to love when house and boat keys were in UO. I had to make fancy key rings to store them all. Yep, I even had them stolen and looted. Good times :D

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh I love your ideas Spoon, sorry missed it on your previous post. I usually read all unless I get lazy, but then will go back and read another time maybe. ;)

Yes I agree having locked doors, ability to set traps would even make going into someones house an adventure.

Perhaps signs we can put up like "ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK" or "BEWARE OF THE DOG OR DRAGON" "WATCH OUT FOR TRAPS", "BEWARE,
    HOUSE UNDER QUARANTINE" "WATCH OUT FOR FALLING ROCKS".

Now you've done it lol So let's get this in.;)
    We want fun.:)
    Who wants anything to be boring about this game, boo to boring permissions.;)

5. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

My properties will be public access ... right up until the moment i am murdered on the toilet. ( when i go to the toilet i often put my avatar in my plots toilet as well).

6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

If the home is mine, then I do not wish to return to it and find a stranger within.

If the home is mine, then I reserve the right to say who enters my home and who does not.

How this happens, we will see... But a man's home is his castle.

Filthy Peasant likes this.
  7. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I ban people from my lot all the time...
    open pvp zones have their bonuses ;)

8. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

The problem may be the perception that a home is yours. The home is part of a game which we are lucky enough to be a part in this way. It is just like owning a town. A town cannot be closed. Exploring is fun. And nobody can take anything.

9. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

To close a whole town is unrealistic in several ways but mostly due to the size, unless there is something really special about the town like a huge wall or a moat or something like that. A plot on the other hand would be much easier to get a fence for to keep unwanted people out.

I would see no problem if a small player town would be walled in, at a huge gold cost but to build and maintain of cause.

10. Golem Dragon

Golem Dragon Avatar

indeed.. .is why having my ApothoCrazy Apothocary in Vengeance will be so nice... if I don't like a customer, I can just kill him or her.... <3

Good thing my policy is as long as you are not a jerk or bigot, and your money is good, Come and shop form my vendor....

In other news, old games where housing was instanced there was a feature like this, it made more sense cause it was instanced and thus easier to execute and have it worked as desired. We are all part of a living breathing world... so sadly ppl have to see our stuff..... I guess the best the dev team could do would be to have invis walls where ppl can't cross the threshold of property lines....

Duke Violation and Tahru like this.
  11. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yes they all need checks and balances so that they are not too easily abused. I've got some ideas for that as well.
    Yes to fun. Yes to having certain "protections" showing a visible sign on the property.

majoria70 and Tarsin like this.
  12. Horton Irongate

Horton Irongate Avatar

I would love to be able to dedicate a basement room for a "Clink" and as a POT owner be capable of using it or allow the town guards to be called and issue a fine. LOL! Although the abuse of this type of power would have to be fine tuned, it could be rather very immersive, realistic and fun... There will always be the rude jerk in the background, every meeting has one... doesnt it

Tahru likes this.
  13. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

I would like to see something like this. Last weekend the NBTT was holding a rehearsal, on the stage in Kingsport. There is a little tactical fighting in the play; for convenience we (I) decided to flag us as Open PVP for the rehearsal duration - just eliminates the need to challenge/accept etc.

Was going fine until a few people decided it would be fun to invade the lot, attack and kill us. All it did was severely disrupt the rehearsal, and leave a very bad taste in our mouths.

I would happily ban anyone who is not able to show appropriate respect and restraint, and behave according to the place and circumstance.

Xandra7 and Filthy Peasant like this.
  14. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

Like people locking their doors in real life alienates people?

I guess the question is how quickly will we be able to change the permissions on our lots? If I have it private can I quickly add a bunch of people that RSVP for my gala dinner? If I suddenly want to make it totally public to have a garage sale can I immediately switch it to public?

Tahru likes this.
  15. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Good points. As others have stated here, the POT is not a lot, it is visible form the overland map. It is literally a part of the game and cannot be treated with selfish intent like a lot can.

16. Horton Irongate

Horton Irongate Avatar

Nice recommendations: Banning is extremely strong punishment. Almost like Exiling someone. How about a "Kick" function vs or in addition to a Ban function. If I as a town owner "KICK" a player out of the town, I would like to see them dropped into a random location in Novia. That is pretty good punishment, and nice revenge. If they come back, then I might do it again or after 3 Kicks, I can then choose a Ban. What do you think?

Filthy Peasant likes this.
  17. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

nope if I Ban you it is because you are being completely out of bounds on your actions I would not ban you just because I didn't like your POV, but if you continually try and force your POV, or persist on being an imbecile I will ban you and I will never want to deal with you again. That is the point of banning.

Temporary kicks are not the answer, as you will be the same jerk over and over .

Now this thread was not started with POTs in mind, but yes if I have a POT it is MINE, not the games. I paid for it and if I want certain people allowed or not that is MY choice, sorry if you don't like it but it will not affect GAME content as there is NO GAME content in a POT other than houses, possibly PO vendors and others.

Morkul and Phenom Ill Il IlI l like this.
  18. Noctiflora

Noctiflora Avatar

I have to disagree. The perception that the home is yours is a valid perception. The problem is the perception that the home is NOT yours and that no matter how much you pay for it, everyone else in the game is entitled to it anyway.

The home and/or player town is part of the role-play experience that the devs are promoting of home "ownership" and town "ownership." And they are charging a very hefty price for that role play experience. They openly say that your character "owns" their home and that POT owners "own" their town. It's one of the major selling points they've been talking about since kickstarter. You may not have bought a share of the game in RL nor bought the pixels themselves, but you most certainly do own the role-play experience they've touted and that you've paid for.

19. Phenom Ill Il IlI l

Phenom Ill Il IlI l Avatar

From the City in the sky and house of Legend's
    It clearly says that you will OWN in the store:

"Have you ever wanted to own an entire scene? Now you can!"

They have multiple times stated that the management of the PoT will be in the hands of the PoT owner instead of the devs. themselves. And I see the Management tool PoT's being very similar to the plot management tool. "as they should be"

Public
    Restricted
    Private

Now how they decide to incorporate this will be up to them in the end and there is a lot of view points and ideas floating around in many other forum threads so I wont drag all of that over here but it's a big debate.

With that said I think it is pretty clear they intend to give privacy to those who want it and deserve it. Being they did pay money to OWN that privacy. And with the talent the creators here have "some of the best in the world" and with the great

community "best in the world" and intellectuals here, I am sure that it will come together nicely for everyone's sake.

20. Etheom

Etheom Avatar

I've heard the developers say multiple times this issue will be addressed in the best way possible, but it's not concrete what the best solution is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.