Banning/Permissions Control List for Owners/Co-Owners

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Tahru, Jan 16, 2015.

?

Should Player Town Owners be able to Ban?

Poll closed Feb 18, 2015.
  1. I want owners to be able to ban, but not during guild wars, or in open pvp towns.

10.7%
  2. I want to be able to ban, but just for events, then they dont have to be banned anymore.

3.6%
  3. Banning is against the exploration of the game, and I may want to go to places where im not welcome.

10.7%
  4. No

39.3%
  5. Yes

35.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I am with you on this. Only had I known that I could not fish in the water on a POT, there is absolutely no way I would have bought one. I really believed I was going to help the game by tossing in a few extra bucks and maybe get to influence the design of a scene. The scenes I had in mind would have included much more interesting content than just housing. In fact, I dislike the idea of having to manage lots and the certain drama that will come with that part. I am extremely upset that I spent money on something of absolutely no importance. This god talk has removed all the hopes I had for them.

2. E n v y I I

E n v y I I Avatar

Well it kind of would because if they didn't create the PoTs they would have to create other scenes to go in place. It's just convenient that they can create PoTs instead of general scenes and at the same time raise funds.

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Harvestable resources in a PoT is exploitable as it's free resources in a safe zone. Can't really be helped unfortunately.

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Personally I think that's a bit of a stretch. The "content" would be completely different.

But let's stop here.. we're rather off topic.. you're welcome to come over to my thread and disagree with me there though. ;)

5. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

Banning players inevitably means those players won't have access to vendors, market places, mazes, bars, and events in that zone. You might argue that they must have done something to deserve such a ban, but I'd argue that banning players from content that is otherwise accessible to the public is bad business for Portalarium and not a control mechanism that should be put in the hands of players. So far the best solution I've heard is from Docholiday. Which effectively boils down to removing them from /your/ instance.

blaquerogue and L u s t like this.
  6. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

They are not exploitable unless someone has ban permission. Anyone can go there and loot all they want. And besides, it would be reasonable to me that resources are accompanied by associated risks like mobs.

L u s t likes this.
  7. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

A little off topic:
    one thing i'd like to see in PoT's and in all the new cities is a search menu ie if you just do a rt/clk on area a pop up menu would give a search for

Blacksmith
    Bank
    Skills Trainer
    Decorations Merchant or just Merchant area...
    and so on....

DavenRock [MGT], Tarsin and Tahru like this.
  8. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

I've seen it in a game not sure if it was Eq or UO but would give you a smoke trail or some kind of path to follow until you would wander off path and have to start search again was handy

Tahru likes this.
  9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Right! I've been hearing this same argument over and over despite having posted a solution to this multiple times. This thread wasn't intended to rehash old arguments or continue the debate.. so let's move it shall we? This is my take. The major concerns and possible solutions for them. Please go there and if you still disagree you're welcome to say so. (Despite my asking not to continue the debate there also.. but at least you can disagree with my solutions if you don't like them).

Tarsin likes this.
  10. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

But to date.. there are no mobs... and yes I see your thread I just haven't had the opportunity to get to it yet. In the context of THIS discussion.. we're looking at no risk, unlimited free resources. What's more, you eliminate travel time by being in town. This is not good design. Maybe if that resource were essentially free and abundant anyway.. but I don't think that's intended to be the case.

With mobs.. is another issue and I'll happily comment in the other thread on that point.

11. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

This is not my idea, but a composition of many including this one.

The main selective multi-player menu could actually offer the option of community events. In this way, you join the event which is separate from the main instance(s) and it would be reasonable that the instance owner could have kicking much like a raid leader does.

Port could set it up like a chat server, so anyone can create a temporary instance (chat room). There are probably other ways to it in game as well. The awesomeness of this approach is that it will work for all areas of the game and you don't have to be a POT owner to do it.

I posted as part of another response in another thread, but I am too lazy to rephrase it.

12. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    Sooo. I am kind of clueless here. So the event would be in a separate instance from the main town? A person could just click on the instance to go to the event?

13. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

That could be the possibility. There are many ways to activate the instance. Since there are no selective player instances (besides solo) right now, we really don't have a reference point.

14. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

So isnt a Kick kind of like a ban? or can the person keep coming in?

15. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Yes and No! A ban, bans a player from all or the main game instance(s). That is god power. While, to be kicked you have to actually join the selective player group which is this case is an event group. And when you are kicked, you only kicked from the private instance, just like be booted from a dungeon group.

16. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

So the person can still be in the instance but not able to be with the others right?

17. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

So only 8 people can be in this instance?

18. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Almost. replace the word instance with location.

19. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Currently the limit is 64, but may go higher. It is the same limit if you just go to a scene in the game.

20. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

To explain better, if 128 people go to owls head, there with be at least two main instances. In each instance, there can be at most 64 people. That is how it works in the regular game play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.