progress slowed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brink1123, Jan 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brink1123

Brink1123 Avatar

is it just me or does it seem that progress on the game has slowed way down from what it was before the steam launch?

Tahru likes this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi Brink. No I finally feel the progress going forward. It was very difficult to play the first releases, could barely move, no swimming, jumping, nothing in yet, no combat, no crafting, characters were very undone, couldn't even hold a sword,
    as I'm sure you have seen some of it if you have gone in game.

Female avatar face finally got their makeover which I so wanted, they blink and look side to side, it is so cool. I love her already even if she is not done yet.

Every release brings something new. New crafting items, this release banking and some pledge items, new conversations with NPCs continue to get added in, new map areas open up.

Conversion to Unity 5 is starting to get implemented which will over a few releases give better and better load times, improved shading, lighting, and water, who knows what all. So not sure what part you are thinking of or
    missing that hasn't come in yet, but I know it has been a slow process up to now, but for me I finally am starting to see things. I'm really excited for every release.

This release I saw that I was able to open a dresser that I had crafted to put things in. The animation wasn't there but it was there, and I said to myself yaaay they didn't forget to start putting the item interactivity on things
    as promised. ***cheers to you Brink***

3. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

You had the holidays and the team got a week off at Christmas (well deserved). The dev team worked on the Unity 5 port. One of the main writers had to stop writing to focus on the new dialogue data model and a new tool for getting dialogue into the game. Things like that should be slowing down development. And yet they still added new spells, skills, several new creatures, encumbrance, banks, pledge rewards being tied to our accounts, etc. And there are new scenes/content.

4. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Actually I saw Star say in one of the videos that the progress did slow down after they brought the server on 24/7, but that they were getting a lot more valuable information in exchange.

Cordelayne and Sir Cabirus like this.
  5. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

This is the big reason it feels like progress has slowed. They are really focused on stuff like banks and moving to Unity 5. Those are huge tasks, and you've got to expect that archery isn't going to get some major overhaul or PvP is going to have some major new thing etc during this time... they need to work on the stuff they need to work on right now.

So actually there is a lot of progress happening, but it is more infrastructure this release, plus the addition of more points of interest. So don't expect radical changes with systems that already had a lot of time spent on it a few months back.

6. Undelivered

Undelivered Avatar

I am interested to see what everyone's speculationz are on release to beta are. I'm speculating end of the year how about you all?

Isaiah and majoria70 like this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome Arctis Stormbringer. Yes I'm with you and also hoping for a more end of the year release. I don't want it to be rushed and development to take that time that is needed to give a great game.:)

8. Musaab Osman

Musaab Osman Avatar

I'm also on board with the no-rush thing. I like this monthly update model and I want the team to take all the time they need to get things great. Of course, for that to happen, they will wish for more funding...

9. Siren

Siren Avatar

As long as it takes. I've been disappointed too many times over the years with rushed releases from large publishers. I would rather have this game done properly, even if it takes another two years or more for release. Just like I'm doing with Star Citizen, the more proper progress I see, the more I'm going to increase my pledge amount over time.

No rush guys, keep up the good work.

10. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Nice first post, welcome to the community :)

Roper Docholiday likes this.
  11. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Themo Lock likes this.
  12. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Welcome to the community!

Yeah, I'm willing to wait because first impressions from your release are important.

Themo Lock, Cordelayne and Tahru like this.
  13. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Even if it got pushed to early next year it might not be bad. Depending upon what other games it will compete with etc, it might not be a bad selling mechanism because the 1st of the year is when they do all the predictions about what game will be stellar this year etc. Although we gotta make sure the hype is up to ensure success at that point if that is the case.

14. Etheom

Etheom Avatar

Indeed they have prepped an epic release for R14. My guess is it appears to have slowed down because as the game is refined the changes seem more subtle.

15. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yes,

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...13-postmortem-rough-transcript-minutes.19849/

Tahru likes this.
  16. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

4:20 could be a different reference to why the development slowed down.. right man?

[​IMG]

lollie, Themo Lock and Tahru like this.
  17. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I think they have at least a years work of content to put in place befoe we have anything resembling a beta yet...

smack, Arctis Stormbringer and Tahru like this.
  18. smack

smack Avatar

According to the latest interview with Richard and Starr, they've completed 20% of the map so far. So yeah, they've still got a long ways to go before Beta ("content complete" by Starr's definition). As long as funding levels are maintained, they'll make steady progress towards that goal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.