1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 14 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leostemplar

Leostemplar Avatar

Those are great news, thank you.
    I would like to ask you to never wipe the data from our Friend & Ignore lists.

Thank you very much,
    Peace,
    Leos.

Themo Lock and Tahru like this.
  2. Mata

Mata Avatar

Thank you and I look forward to R 14. :)
    Vielen Dank und ich freue mich auf R 14. :)

3. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Wow, there's a lot to digest with this release. So many changes - you guys have been busy! I'm looking forward to sinking my teeth into this release so much that I scheduled a day away from work. I get the feeling this may be a new trend for me on release day Thursdays. :D

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also the basements look really wonderful. A bit eerie too:)

Themo Lock, Tahru and enderandrew like this.
  5. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

The amount you are over the weight limit determines the impact. Being over the weight limit affects dexterity, move rate, and focus while moving. The degree to which you affected varies by how much you are overweight.

Not sure what yo mean by re-select. After the next wipe you will get all your reward items back.

Since vendors buy back at a much lower cost than what you pay for it, I don't that you will be able to make any money buying and sell stuff in this way. Most stuff sells at 50% of its bought value.

Tahru likes this.
  6. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Te friends list has never been wiped, it still retains all the friends I've put on the list since R1.

As to the ignore, I' haven't put anyone on the list so I can't speak to it. But I doubt that it was ever wiped as well.

Themo Lock and enderandrew like this.
  7. Alayth

Alayth Avatar

Have they said you will be able to swap out gems (or has someone tested this)? I assumed that once you enter a gem in, you can't just remove it, it's permanently in, which I think would be functionally the same as what you're suggesting. I understand you as saying you basically want the enchantment to be permanent.

I think your other issues are about the balance of combat/equipment overall. I certainly hope we'll be seeing some big changes there. They've specifically said that they hope to make combat more strategic than just getting the highest DPS, so hopefully we'll see signs of that sometime soon, and maybe that will give people reason to choose different weapons/armour

Tahru likes this.
  8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@DarkStarr or @Lum
    Don't remember who writes them, sorry.

Published Player Instructions:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z-svq1OvcZwViqGxFCKdjH3NCn2LTfLuGny5qaAqjTM/pub

" but owning more than one copy of a deed does not provide any ben"
    While Ben might not come with any deed I'm guessing that this message would rather be a wee bit longer.

Known issues
    "Targeting for spells (like fireball) is no longer broken by auto-attacks."
    While some might see that as an issue I'd prefer to see it as a fix...

Tahru likes this.
  9. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I have a question. Do we need to download a new client or will we just download the patch with the current one?

10. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

When the new release comes out, it will be a patch. No need to download the full release again. Just log in and it will be downloaded automatically by the launcher.

11. EnigmaWinz

EnigmaWinz Avatar

Yay for no more slugs, Yay for encumbrance to turn us into snails, Yay for the new crafting stuff, YAY YAY YAY!
    Did I mention ....YAY? So many things in this release. .. I feel the need to overkill the yay. .

Sofiamia and Solstar like this.
  12. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Thanks

13. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

This is a massive release. All devs deserve a stiff drink! Looking forward to seeing the infancy of a real economy and how it plays out.

14. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Is it safe to assume we can re-select the tool(s) of prosperity of our choice after each wipe?
    All rewards will be returned after each wipe

Is there a timeframe for crafting skill tree / point allocation? experience?
    See my Q1 Schedule Post. We hope to get a first pass in R15 (next release) but it might be delayed based on other tasks

So I can buy up a vendors coal at price X, then because they don't have much and it's 'popular', I can sell it back to them bit by bit for a higher price? Or will vendors always buy at a lower price than they would ever sell?
    Vendors will never pay more than they sold something for

Rampage202, Themo Lock, Mata and 8 others like this.
  15. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Those running 32 bit may miss this:

• Windows 32 Bit Support Dropped: Our minspec for Windows has been Windows 7 32 bit with 4GB of RAM. That 4GB is the maximum memory that a 32 bit Windows OS can use, so even if your system has more memory it cannot be addressed. To make SotA run in this environment, we have spent considerable effort to reduce runtime memory utilization. This results in longer load times and reduced quality on many assets. Recently, Microsoft announced that Windows 10 (to be released in October) will be a free upgrade to Windows 7 (and higher) customers. This removes the upgrade price barrier for those who are still running 32 bit Windows 7, and therefore we are no longer going to support Windows 7 32 bit as our minimum spec. Our new min spec will be Windows 7 64 bit with 6GB of RAM. For R14, we will still provide a 32 bit build, but we will no longer provide support of any kind for that version.

Etheom and Tahru like this.
  16. Etheom

Etheom Avatar

Smiles for miles :)

17. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

With 32-bit support dropped does this mean that the Steam-version is now the 64-bit version? Do we have to re-download the Steam-version in order to get 64-bit?

Tahru likes this.
  18. Nemo Herringwary

Nemo Herringwary Avatar

Answering that myself, I proposed in a mirc chat some time ago environmental forging instead; that the player needs to craft under a full moon for some benefits, under a waterfall for others, upon a certain holy mountain for yet more, whilst wrapped in cow hide for more still.... PvP benefiting buffs applied only in PvP zones to encourage that community... things which widen out the roleplay aspects rather than the Slotting Stuff model. If we must have that, let's have it require the crafter to play the character.

And 6gb minimum requirement now? Ouch.

19. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Remember our development is iterative so features will continue to expand and become more interesting. We are just opening up the very base level of functionality in this release

Themo Lock, Lord Lonn, Tahru and 5 others like this.
  20. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Environmental forging could still work its way into the game. We know that some reagents can only be found in special environments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.