Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crafting recipes changed?

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by Dr_Grundy, Jan 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr_Grundy

Dr_Grundy Avatar

I have been trying to craft leather armor, but using the recipes on the wiki results in nothing. I can make all of the components, but even in the correct proportions, I get no results. Did the recipes for leather items (or others) change in R14? If so, how do I make leather stuff?

2. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I haven't checked in R14 yet, but this is the database that I put together over the last few releases.

Crafting Database

It might need some updating in places, but give it a try.

3. Darian

Darian Guest

leather armor now uses yards of leather (and bloody lots of hides to make them)

Lord Baldrith and E n v y like this.
  4. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Ok it looks like it has changed from basic leather to a 'yard of leather' (amounts seem the same).

A 'Yard of Leather' is made from 5xLeather, 1 Chunk Salt

5. Dr_Grundy

Dr_Grundy Avatar

It seems other recipes are different. The wooden pole recipe did not work either.

6. Dr_Grundy

Dr_Grundy Avatar

I just found out that Norman the Crafter in Owl's Head sells the recipes for a lot of things not on the wiki or anywhere else, including Constantan, converting bars to ingots, crimson pine, hard maple, and more. I just can't afford to buy them, so I don't know what the recipes are yet...

7. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Tons of recipes have changed, lots of new ones and if you make something without the recipe it no longer adds it to your book.

8. Darian

Darian Guest

and 2 hand weapons are gone as faar i can see

9. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

I don't think I like that
    But it does make sense to being able to train others recipes instead of them just being able to understand them.

10. Dr_Grundy

Dr_Grundy Avatar

I noticed that not having the recipe and discovering it does add it to the book, but it also seems to usually cause the recipe to fail, making something totally different. I made the maple poll recipe, unlocked it, but made a bucket instead...

Just to be safe, I intend to buy recipes for anything expensive like the armor recipes. I don't want those to fail.

11. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Buckets are the default, 'does not exist' failsafe

12. Dr_Grundy

Dr_Grundy Avatar

I hope people update the wikis for new recipes. Some of them don't appear to be sold. I can't figure out how to make an iron spear head even though I can make a blank.

13. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I probably won't update my database for a while. It's a lot of work if the recipes change so I will hold fire and wait and see :)

Themo Lock likes this.
  14. Owain

Owain Avatar

We gave a chicken and the egg dilemma here. I can see why they want to refine recipes and change them, but there should be newbie gear available for sale until people can afford to buy the recipes to be able to make better gear. My wife and I are playing, and her newbie sword is broken, and the recipe I used to use to make swords no longer works, and I can't afford to buy recipes from the vendor, and she can't equip the rusty swords we take as loot from skeletons.

Stock the vendors with crappy swords to give players something they can replace their broken gear with until the economy bootstraps itself.

amaasing and Heradite like this.
  15. Barnabas Znick

Barnabas Znick Avatar

You can buy weapons and armor from the NPC armor vendor in Owl's Head. I bought a pirates cutlass that was better than the starter sword for 300g.

For around 2k you can buy a full set of plate, for around 800g, full leather.

Heradite likes this.
  16. Dr_Grundy

Dr_Grundy Avatar

You actually don't need to buy early weapons at all. Where the vendor in Owl's Head was that sold the augmented plate in R13 was, there are holders with basic weapons of most types (the 1-handers mostly). In a pinch, that's the place to go get more weapons for no cost.

17. Darian

Darian Guest

Breamer has all newbs weapons

18. Michaelangel007

Michaelangel007 Avatar

In R15 Norman is located @ (84.4, 71.6, 71.8) in the Owl's Head Peddler Row (in the building behind Myra the Farmer)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.