Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Blacksmithing nightmare?

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by Sire Lancelot, Feb 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sire Lancelot

Sire Lancelot Avatar

Okay I'm stumped right now. All I want to do is make a simple short sword? Nothing seems doable right now and why on earth do NPC's sell recipes for items you cant make?

eg. Short Sword with Metal Hilt. There are no metal hilt recipes but there are iron hilt recipes that requires 99 iron?

okay so ill try copper: I can find recipes for copper short sword parts but no the damn copper short sword recipe?

Am i missing something?

2. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

You should be able to make a hilt with two metal ingots of your choice-- excepting plain iron, of course--, a chunk of coal, and a smith's hammer.

3. Sire Lancelot

Sire Lancelot Avatar

Okay so the short sword with metal hilt recipe covers all metal variety hilts but iron.. gotcha

4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

The iron hilt recipie with ourageous material costs is a bug that has been reported, but not fixed yet.

Items used to be crafted differently before this release. The added all the new recipies and attempted to remove all of the odl recipies, but there are still a few old, useless recipies in the game.
    If there are still old component recipies that dont do anythign anymore, or broken recipies in general, check to see if they have been reported in the r14 bug -> Crafting section and report them if they havent been already.
    It'll help them get them fixed sooner :)

5. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

Is the inability to craft non-iron long swords a bug too, or is that recipe just not in the game yet? I can't seem to find any combination that works atm.

6. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I think the recipe is not in the game. If you follow the progression it should be four ingots. Unless they put in a crazy amount as they've done with the iron hilt.

7. Owain

Owain Avatar

Previous recipes you can find online may no longer work. Buy new recipes. In the shop next to the skill trainer in Owlshead, for example, there are three crafters that sell different kind of recipes. It's an initial expense, but make a couple of swords once you have bought the necessary recipes, and you will recoup your expenses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.