Waterfronts for non Founders and more Pirat stuff!!!

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Edward Newgate, Feb 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

I wished i would had know this bevor i bought he edelmann and would bought some from a founder but ja looks like there is nothing to be done about it.
    i dont think this should be that way but :) you are the guys in charge.
    For me it takes a way some fun to play it.

I mean edelmann is a lot of money and i as i sad i spent it to support the game ( i never done this bevor to any kickstarter prealpha game)
    Its realy cool that you guys try to keep your promiss you made to the founders and i understand it that you are realy thankfull for this guys and i realy wished i had known early about this game.

But for me it takes one of the reasons and ways i wanted to play this game away.I can buy it from a nother player but for me was the edelmann a huge investment and i dont have the money to buy again an edelmann founder.

Spec houses or ingame items, titles or pets all that would be cool for me. But this is realy bitter.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

You don't have to spend an edelmann amount again. ANY lower level founder pledge merged with your current pledge will make you a founder edelmann.

Also consider that some of the founders with spare water deeds may choose to sell them for ingame gold.

3. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

I think you should (a) buy a benefactor pledge that has a village lot deed; (b) pledge to the Boats stretch goal.

- I think you will be able to find a founder waterfront house that you can buy from a founder, because many founders will not use them - or at least they won't use *all* of them.

- By pledging to the Boats stretch goal, whenever they get sailing in the game, you will be guaranteed that you'll be one of the first to be able to do so!

I think a pirate could build quite a respectable persona for himself if he went that route.

4. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

Iam Edelmann but not a founder so ja there it goes ^^

Iwas interrest in helping out about the boat gole, but as i sad, Edelmann was a huge investment and iam not realy a rich person so its hard to invest more money at the moment.

Infact it choosed between a new tv and that ^^

Its reayl cool that every one is n1 and frindly and trys to help.

5. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

thx for your kind words, i know that the ships cant move right now :) and i never wanted a ship i wanted more like somthing on the pic :)
    To get a real ship would be cool, but at the moment i dont have the money to support that goal . maby in some month.

majoria70 likes this.
  6. Noctiflora

Noctiflora Avatar

Don't give up on the idea though. As others said, there are many ways to accomplish it. I'm thinking the cheapest way to go besides having a kind soul sell you one really cheap in game, is to buy a low level founder account and merge it. This would give your edelman account founder status and give you the waterfront on your edelman status. :)

7. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

When I read your posts like this (referring to yourself in 3rd person) I read it using Bob Goblin's voice...just wanted to share.

[​IMG]

CaptainJackSparrow likes this.
  8. Musaab Osman

Musaab Osman Avatar

I think you can relax LordThomas, as you see there are already people willing to sell you a waterfront home.

9. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

the water front home i could get from guild meambers the village water plot is my problem ^^

10. Raven Swiftbow

You do *not* need to be a founder in order to *use* a founder house deed! You will be able to find one you can buy from a founder with in-game gold, I am certain.

11. Raven Swiftbow

You do not need a "water" lot deed. You can take a standard village lot deed and use it on a water lot.

Sir Dorham Isycle likes this.
  12. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

Water Lots: For R14, Water Lot claiming is available to all players who have Village Lot Deeds (or larger). Starting in R15 only Citizen Founders (or higher) can claim water lots.

there you have it. you cant even claim them when you are not a founder

13. Raven Swiftbow

Ahhh. I missed that. Very sorry. Then I would be thinking about buying a lower level Founder account to merge into your account!

14. Raven Swiftbow

Where is that quote from, LordThomas?

15. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

R14 Instructions

As i understand this (but i could be wrong), there a 3 different Lot Deeds
    1 - Founder: Tax Free with Waterfront
    2 - Benefactor: Tax Free
    3 - Add-On Store: normal

16. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Just some thoughts here.
    A
    R15 is another pre-alpha. Final release will not function the same.
    B
    The reason why during R14 that there are plenty of waterfront lots left even though there is a lot scarcity is because they are unpopular. Let's look at some facts
    -The population we have in pre-release will be founder heavy. Much higher than release population.
    -in R14 we can claim up to three lots per account and still people don't claim waterfront housing.
    -the living space and most importantly yard is not there in a waterfront lot.
    So I can pretty much guarantee you that there will be plenty of founders willing to trade come release.
    You are in a guild you say, there is probably someone already in that guild with Founder status that will never want to live in a waterfront lot.
    C
    So far including R14 I've always been able to find lots.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/r14-available-lots.20307/page-2
    On top of the ones I have reported I have helped about 7 people find lots or even given them lots for their use.

D
    Go to the player market and check out the notes from Andernut, most are looking for Royal Founder status, so sometimes a simple Founder can be found on the cheap.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  17. fattymoomooman

fattymoomooman Avatar

The only problem I see so far with no water lots for benefactors is that a lot of founders are not using them - so who is going to occupy those lots?

Perhaps a smarter solution would be to allow founders to take those lots first then maybe allow benefactor village deed owners to take waterfront lots 24-48 hours after founders get their chance.

They could then place the cabana deeds in the add-on store for those benefactor owners desperate to get waterfront housing, the founder got theirs for free and got to place their lots first but the benefactors can mop up the remaining lots (as can anyone when free-for-all placement hits if any are left).

18. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Lots of founders will have additional homes to sell. I would suspect water houses will be on the market. I will probably sell mine...as I don't like the water houses :)

19. Raven Swiftbow

But that will not work if they will not allow non-founders to place waterlots. I am still waiting for LordThomas to give us his source for his stated:

"Water Lots: For R14, Water Lot claiming is available to all players who have Village Lot Deeds (or larger). Starting in R15 only Citizen Founders (or higher) can claim water lots."

20. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

True...but once the game launches won't we be able to sell them to people who want to use them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.