Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

SPO should be turned of immediately for Shardfalls and other PVP areas

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by Poor game design, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

It was in the dev hangout today.

docdoom77 likes this.
  2. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

In today's dev hangout.

3. Noctiflora

Noctiflora Avatar

Thanks, can it be watched now? youtube maybe?

4. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

No idea to be honest...I was watching the live stream...

5. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Yes. I will link you when I get to the computer if someone else doesn't before.

6. Innessa Lelania

Innessa Lelania Avatar

I guess you are still misreading me either purposely or you are having difficulties for some reason. I am advocating people opting out of pvp not the opposite. no need to do a pvp only option for these areas, make pve options as well or stop putting rares only in these areas.

I can only assume you are purposely misinterpreting my statement at this point, so I'm opting out of more discussion on this topic.

Tahru likes this.
  7. Noctiflora

Noctiflora Avatar

Well, maybe the hangout isn't posted anywhere yet. Can't seem to find it. But if this is the case, this "but still subject to change" garbage is getting really old. I understand it's pre alpha but I'm really getting the feeling that non-pvps are just being strung along hoping they don't all leave just yet.

I have a very serious decision to make now, and since they won't help me make it with real info, I guess I'll just have to go with my gut feeling. It's not just this, it's a number of things all adding up to one colossal mind trip

Archibald Leatherneck likes this.
  8. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Maybe you don't understand what I'm saying. LOL I don't agree with you.

9. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Themo Lock and Noctiflora like this.
  10. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Also worth a mention that the "Shardfall will never be SPO" comments were in irc, i don't remember if they were as clear about it in the video chat.

11. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

So correct me if I'm wrong but shard falls are significant to the lore of the game....and if you don't want to PVP you will not ever get to go to a shard fall?

12. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Well we didn't really get clarification on if they were just talking about Grunvald or all shardfalls, but it very much looks like shardfalls are intended as PvP content.

13. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

So, if I play spo and see those spots my character goes....oh ok I can't go there unless I resort to killing other players....interesting.

14. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    Thats the way it looks. If its any consolation I do not agree with it either. I remember them saying that you would be able to get any resource in the game without being forced to go into a pvp zone, but it would be rare. If they totally have no rare resources out of pvp zones, they might have a riot.

15. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Is there a rare resource in there that you can't get elsewhere? I didn't really think of that...I just was a bit pissed they took an interesting area and turned it into an arena.

16. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I think it's more a question of principle here. Lot of people feel very strongly about PvP but they want to be able to see the place too and are quite happy about not getting extra resources. They want to play SPO for a reason and this is like locking them out of places they can see just because they don't want to fight other players.

17. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

there shouldn't be any exclusive resources. just more of them.

18. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Ya, thats the way its sounding also, and to get it you will either have to go to the zone, or buy it off of some one that is selling it. This in my opinion would turn out like UO powerscrolls and the highest guilds getting paid. Not interested at all. They need to do something like I proposed above, or make the resources available, even as a minimal spawn, or do not do it.

19. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

In the last hangout just a bit ago they told us that if we did not want to go there we would be forced to buy from some one that has.

Tahru likes this.
  20. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Personally... this is something that just irritates the hell out of me. Yeaah yeah... DLMB... whatever.

People keep bringing up WoW in terms of "yeah, you could go ANYWHERE in WoW without instances!" Right... as long as you:
    1. Weren't too low level to go there, or else some creature from across the damn zone would make stomping your body into the landscape its personal mission and come running to do so...
    2. Were high enough level to PvP, but were forced to go to a PvP zone to level because that is how they had it set up... which the other side knew... so they would camp the level 21+ quest locations with their max level characters and obliterate you. Of course, we don't see ANY of that happening here already...
    3. If you were more of a solo player for whatever reason, be it inclination, available free time or whatever, you initially had to be either 20-30 levels higher than the max instance level to progress through it and actually make headway, or you couldn't go in at all if you weren't part of a raid group.

Well... now, instead of "You can enter a shardfall in SPO, you just won't reap the bonuses of (insert incentive for willfully entering a gank... I mean PvP... scene here)", you won't be able to enter them at all. A significant portion of the game, both in terms of resources to be had and storyline, off limits if my play style is not MMO or don't want to PvP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.