Helping with Ideas for Player Owned Towns Templates

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Winfield, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Long time ago , eh old friend. Been wanting to play with this program hopefully I'll get a lot better at it.

Themo Lock, Tahru and Noctiflora like this.
  2. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

I submitted this to them some time ago.
    Like some have posted here I'd like a lakeside community with the run off from the lake separating some parts of the village from the other. It's a cross roads village with less lots requested to give individual owners more room. Water lots with land lots, row homes and a keep lot. Think lake George or the Pocono's or lake Tahoe.

3. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I finally did a new edit on Wizards Rest (Hamlet)...still hoping for features like lakes/snow/bridges...I'm really impressed with the mapping skills of you guys!

I would also love to have street names...I'm not sure on the size of the actual town...because I think I'm kind of scrunching everything close together...

[​IMG]

4. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

5. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

Reminder
    These are repeating meetings each week for a while.
    Weds 7-8 PM CST - IRC
    Thurs 6-7 AM CST - IRC
    Sat - 9:30-11 AM CST - in game

We continue to discuss what we are working on regarding Player Owned Towns, new ideas, new layouts, and whatever comes to mind to help us ... help the Devs ... to help us.

Player Town Templates Chat
    When: Wed, 7pm – 8pm Central US Time
    Where: #PlayerOwnedTowns, SotA IRC Chat (map)
    Description: irc.ultimacodex.com:6667
    #PlayerOwnedTowns
    We will continue our discussions about Player Owned Town Templates. See the SotA Forum thread of discussion here:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ideas-for-player-owned-towns-templates.20067/

Player Town Templates Chat
    When: Thu, 6am – 7am Central US Time
    Where: #PlayerOwnedTowns, SotA IRC Chat (map)
    Description: irc.ultimacodex.com:6667
    #PlayerOwnedTowns
    We will continue our discussions about Player Owned Town Templates. See the SotA Forum thread of discussion here:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ideas-for-player-owned-towns-templates.20067/

All Player Towns Gathering - templates
    When: Sat, 9:30am – 11:00am Central US Time
    Where: PaxLair, Valemark (map)
    Description: Come one and all to the Player Towns Gathering. This is an additional meeting at the request of town owners and leaders, and will hopefully be at a better time for more people to attend. We will continue to discuss ideas to help design Player Owned Town templates.
    /zone Winfield

6. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

There is a Player Owned Meeting tonight, yes? Should be from 7 to 8 PM Central.

#PlayerOwnedTowns IRC chat channel on irc.ultimacodex.com Port 6667

Also one should be tomorrow morning.

Themo Lock likes this.
  7. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Compact Hamlet​

[​IMG]

majoria70, Gaelis and Themo Lock like this.
  8. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Compact Hamlet​
    [​IMG]

Kvow [MGT], Gaelis, Tahru and 4 others like this.
  9. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

*points out at crowd*
    Prepare to have your mind's blown!
    *Reaches up sleeve*
    [​IMG]
    Crossroads Village!!!!!!

10. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

11. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Gaelis likes this.
  12. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Thanks Frank these are just my Google drawings:) from early on in our experiment. My friends are the artists that make it come to life. Hope it opens up a new thought line on towns. Some people might want the spread out and other more compact. I'm better at the compact.

13. Sir Frank

My own vision for an oasis holdfast would be a road running by an oasis, continuing out the other end of the scene.
    On the opposite side of the water from the road, a sturdy keep. Extending around from the keep, city, town, village, and row lots.

Imagine the Benefactor symbol. The keep representing Daedalus, and the lesser plots are the shattered arcs of debris. The world in the center is the water, and the road passing beneath.

I shall try to hack together an image.

14. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Winfield, majoria70, Gaelis and 3 others like this.
  15. Sir Frank

16. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Those compact hamlets would make for perfect early Scotsman clan gatherings if you slapped a wooden wall around them. Great designs.

17. Sir Frank

Something like this.

[​IMG]

18. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

In working on Ideas for Bastion's Point (Hamlet), I took Kingsport and did some basic photoshop magic to create a bit of a different layout. We wanted a much more wooded area for housing, but clearing out as it entered the port area (where it would have cobblestone market area and wood planked pier. I brought the covered bridge closer to the ocean and moved the stone bridge inland. I played with a few paths in and out of town, and also wanted to get some height on the far side of the river with a cliff overlooking the northern upper ocean area.

We are still playing around with building types and layouts but hopefully they can work in a template close to this.

[​IMG]

The glowing lots are to show what we could do by merging village lots. For example..

If we want more row houses, we could substitute a village lot for 4 more row lots (BLUE)
    If we wanted an extra Town lot, for the water or land, we would have to give up 2 village lots (GREEN)
    If we wanted to put in a City lot, then it would cost us 4 Village lots (YELLOW).

19. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

I am simply going to post what I have mentioned in the meetings here and add to it as I think of more.

1. I LOVE Owls head as a template. I like the fact that the city has sections like an old medieval town. There is a walled area for nobles and the outskirts can be used for animals and farm land. The only thing that seems off about Owls head is the fact that the keeps are outside the walled areas... That just drives me nuts. I also think using something existing is easier/cheaper/time saving than sending them back to the drawing board.

2. Town signs for events or postings to advertise vendors and such.

3. Also the ability for the town owner to move lots around would be nice. Or maybe have them allow town owners to move them around prior to creation.

4. We need a town creation app so devs can be like ok create it here and send it in to us. That way every lot wall and or area can be created by the person.
    Or devs can simply say create it in X software and send it in.

5. Lakes and Ponds should be added to the GUI given to us to choose items for the town.

6. All town owners should be able to decorate at least the towns square. I would like to place statues of the Titans in my city. (perhaps this belongs elsewhere)

20. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Meeting notes from Wednesday, Feb 18, 2015 Player Owned Towns meeting (7 pm CST)

Role call of player towns was taken with Winfield moderating.

Positive observations are indicating the Devs are reading our suggestions and discussions.

Brief discussions about inter-town/guild events and hosting of new player events were presented.

All Player Towns Gathering is scheduled for Feb 28, 2015 @ 16:00 CST to be hosted by William Serenite at the PaxLair site (Valemark)

Discussion of common Faire spaces -- possibly reserve 1 town, 2 village lots adjacent for roaming fairs and festivals where nomadic troupes could set up for 1 to 2 week events. Magic movers would be required to assemble and disassemble sites in timely fashion.

Formula to determine common community celebrated in-game festivals discussed.

Brief discussion of how to manage Player Owned Town lots for owners who have multiple town ownership. A /zone ability to between towns was debated.

Winfield commented PaxLair will start as settlers, only a max number of lots assigned will be issued for Episode 1.

Wrapup and action items from the moderator:
    1. Keep an eye on Avatars Circle Calendar for events. If anyone needs things posted, reach me, or another town who has their own calendars too.
    2. All Towns Gathering meetings on 28 Feb, start of R15. Want to get LOTS of new people to attend, so we are not just talking to ourselves at the meeting. We don't need to intro ourselves, we need to help people know who we are.

Luka Melehan, Winfield, Tahru and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.