$2M Stretch Goal Castles?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bowen Bloodgood, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

So I've been wondering off and on about this.

If castle and keep lots can only be obtained by Duke and LotM pledges.. what does that mean for this stretch goal which we reached during the kickstarter?

How do these castles and keeps differ from those obtained through pledges?

If I had a castle or keep lot in my player owned town.. shouldn't I be able to place a guild owned castle or keep there?

Do we even know if there's current thinking on these yet?

Discuss?

2. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Tahru and Ice Queen like this.
  3. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Aye, that's what I was about to say, it's checked off, heh.

Tahru likes this.
  4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

If you count the money raised from the website during the campaign. We actually got up to about $2.1M+? If it were raised AFTER that then sure.. To skimp on this one just because the they raised part of it from the website rather than kickstarter.. well that's kind of a lame technicality. I had understood from the 24 hour telethon at the end of the kickstarter that they were indeed including the grand total raised and not just from the kickstarter.

Tahru, licemeat and Ice Queen like this.
  5. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

As a player town owner myself, I would certainly like to get an answer to this prior to towns being rolled out.

6. TEK

TEK Legend of the Hearth

Inquiring minds want to know.

Tahru and Archibald Leatherneck like this.
  7. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I fully expect these to be different from the Duke and LotM keeps and castles. Which is to be expected.. but if I could allow a guild owned keep or castle in my town then I want to know before I commit to the town layout.

Question as a new "town type".. this implies to me that these would be their own instance like a player owned town. So could they be attached to our town? That is you travel through our town instance to get to the castle/keep instance?

I would ask if it could be added to the town itself after the fact but obviously there are technical issues with that.. unless of course each player owned town comes with a custom guild castle/keep lot that you can't see unless you get a castle or keep to put there? This brings up the question though.. would it apply to the size restriction of the town? I imagine it would, but then maybe I could have my holdfast and my guild castle next to each other?

Tahru and Archibald Leatherneck like this.
  8. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

I'm pretty sure with all the houses they built 2-4 times, they have it all in macros by now

Tahru likes this.
  9. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I always assumed that the 5 Castles were going to be placed somewhere on the map for players to fight over in pvp and pve type siege scenarios. This would allow players to "take them over" for as long as they could keep them.

And I also assume that it's not high on the dev priority list at the moment which is why we haven't heard anything.

gtesser and Tahru like this.
  10. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

I thought these would be control points but now i look at it... it does seem more like a PoT type XD

Tahru likes this.
  11. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I see two current problems with the first assumption. 1: To what end? What benefit would be gained by only controlling a keep or castle for a time? There's nothing to imply any perks and only a huge guild would be able to maintain control for very long. 2: The goal says players could own them..

It's obviously not a high priority but with player owned towns in play now the question is at hand as if factors into how we plan our towns. It's also something they need to factor in when figuring out how much space there is on the map for towns, keeps and castles to be placed.

I don't really expect to get all the answers.. but I don't want this one falling between the cracks and then suddenly.. oh my gosh we need to design these keeps and castles..

This isn't just content, it's features.. so if we want to be fully into alpha by the summer.. we should be thinking about this now.

Tahru likes this.
  12. Drocis the Devious

The benefit would be obvious once the castles were implemented. One example might be "it's a control point". Use your imagination.

Tahru likes this.
  13. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

the features describing things like guild houses and guild banks suggest that it can't be taken from us though, unless we need to capture one to get the option to build one elsewhere (doubt it since it would force PvP to build guild features).

Tahru likes this.
  14. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Usually, the benefit of controlling a control point.. is so players can pass through so that they don't have to fight mobs. What other benefit would there be to hold it?

Except it's pretty moot as these were never billed as control points but rather as a "new town type" guilds and players could "own".

Now I'm not opposed to control points of PvP zones with castles in them. Either would be cool. It's just not what these are.

Tahru likes this.
  15. Drocis the Devious

Yeah, I'd agree with that.

Tahru likes this.
  16. Ciciro

Ciciro Avatar

It definitely would be interesting if Guilds could own their own bases, instead of guild members just owning towns and cities.

17. Kain3

Kain3 Avatar

I am really curious as to what Port will say about this. Indeed it seems like they describe the Castles/Keeps as a separate entity from the player towns and it gives me the impression its one more POI in the world.

18. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    This is old but here is a little discussion on the guild housing/bank. Start at 21:15

Bowen Bloodgood and Themo Lock like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.