Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aldo, Mar 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

When the last wipe before the game launches, will we be able to name our Avatars anew at the log on/start-up screen?

I ask because if the name filter is started from scratch, then everyone's game name becomes available to the first person to apply for it. I have not yet used the name I want to have upon release for fear that someone will take it after seeing it in the alpha/beta testing. Am I being stupid here? Has anything been said to make me comfortable to re-name my avatar now with my intended in-game name?

Even now, I post to this forum with a name that is different from my in-game persona. The disconnect is an issue because I really do want people in game to be familiar with me through my posts here. Knowing all the posters here and their reputations, it would be a shame if people with faster connections downloaded the game and claimed well known names for themselves on final release.

Kara Brae, Ice Queen and steanne like this.
  2. Wonderboy2402

Wonderboy2402 Avatar

I assume names right now are only temporary as the game will be wiped before the soft launcher or full release. We SHOULD get advance warning about the naming parameters, but for now I have named my character a ridiculous name.

Aldo likes this.
  3. Musou

Musou Avatar

This is the most irksome part of any mmo game to me, names are priceless and if I don't like my chars name I reroll with an alt and transition the alternative char into main. I wish at least one name was save able for backers even if polarium did it the same as housing rules, I wouldn't mind some function.

Aldo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.