PVP/PVE instances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aldo, Mar 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

it would not be PvN their would be other PvPers in their trying to get the loot first.... or kill me and take it. I hardly call that nothing

Dewderonomy likes this.
  2. TantX

TantX Avatar

[​IMG]

3. Mastese

Mastese Avatar

Extremely polarizing subject, obviously.

I'm not a fan of griefing, which open PvP tends to invoke (see RUST). Nor am I a fan of restricted areas based on PvP vs. PvE classifications (seems counter immersive). Yet if PvP could be done right, I am more than enthusiastically be on board. The problem with PvP as it stands now is that there is no consequence (moral or otherwise) as a counterbalance against becoming a serial killer. People get off on it because there's truly no downside other than falling prey yourself. Even falling prey isn't a detourant as in most cases, it's not about the loot but about the psychology of dominance and the feeding of the ego.

Not many games have been able to enable open PvP with sufficient detourent. Now if you were able to employ open bounties against murderers, inability to utilize mainstream public vendors (perhaps have limited black market vendors), and ability of guards to identify and call out wanted PvP'rs in public...now I'm much more ok with it. Without true consequence though, it typically rolls out of control.

All that being said, one of the things that drew me to Sota was the possibility of open PvP. I do like the danger aspects and it's certainly more immersive that without. I mean honestly, what's the point of making it MMO if chatting is the only viable interactivity and if people can't take on more evil, immoral personas?

-Mastese

Dewderonomy likes this.
  4. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Well, now it's my language skills...(I'm english first thanks, from north america) and I obviously have some form of mental illness brought on by some past experience. I honestly take offense to the way you "discuss" things, you literally are trying to bully me here, at least that's what I'm getting by your posts. I don't want to deal with a lot of the personalities PVP attracts, that my reasoning...not some mythical fear or childhood trauma. The poor bystander approach that you are being harassed is hard to see at this point. Especially considering what the original poster was asking for, you(and others) have taken over this thread for the express reason to rage against PVE players. Reading all this I have to wonder who lacks the humility.

You really haven't followed the kickstarter from the start if you think it was stone's throw from farmville....it actually isn't far from what they have provided so far. Totally wrong on your point there, perhaps you didn't understand the kickstarter page? I will link it for you and please explain to me how you see a stone throw from farmville.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/portalarium/shroud-of-the-avatar-forsaken-virtues-0

5. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Really. I doubt that there would be that many in there, or the guilds will just gang up and farm for free.

6. Pamela Eldritch

Pamela Eldritch Avatar

Give me a break- you cant PvP in a zone without people flagged. The point of these zones is to give PvPers a place to congregate.

Keira OFaolain likes this.
  7. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

And yet their are very few folks running around the pvp map laying in wait to mass murder who ever stumbles in to it, yet you want a instance to run around it with out worrie.... well you are right i have decided i would like the same things you do only reverse to match my play style..... its only fair after all.

8. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Doesn't change my point....95% Map can be played pvp free....100% can be played pvp.

Pamela Eldritch likes this.
  9. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I'm amazed at your ability to ignore what people have said so far.

10. Pamela Eldritch

Pamela Eldritch Avatar

Can be is not the same as is.

11. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Semantics.

12. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Im not ignoring anything simply stating i would like a instace that i dont have to pve in since i like pvp

13. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Ok, take away all the benefits you would get if you PVE that dungeon and I don't see a problem with it....you know, like we said take away the pvp rewards in the SPO version?

I have asked numerous times why it is a big deal in SPO and you have yet to answer that. Tell me why it's such a big deal so I can understand you.

14. Pamela Eldritch

Pamela Eldritch Avatar

Yes, the branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning.

Just because you can PvP somewhere does not mean you do PvP there. having a PvP only zone gives PvPers a place to PvP. Get a UO account, make a character on Siege (the open PvP shard) and try to find a fight. Now try to do it everyday. It is almost impossible to find a good fight because what few players are left are spread out over a huge area.

PvP zones both insulate players who are not interested and provide a place for player who are. This is not complicated and it does not take anything away from anyone. If they remove PvP from the game I wont play.

Dewderonomy and Keira OFaolain like this.
  15. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Then to be fair once more lets take away the benefits and rares for instansing a pvp map for strickly pve

16. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Note, I'm not against pvp zones at all...I just thought it would be neat to use the assets to add to the singleplayer side in putting some monsters and stuff in an interesting area....it doesn't hurt anyone. So I do agree with you:p

17. Pamela Eldritch

Pamela Eldritch Avatar

I have never been opposed- they can make all the instances they want.

rune_74 likes this.
  18. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I did take away the benefits offered to the pvp, did you not read my post? You asked for a completely empty dungeon with all the treasures. Not comparable.

Still haven't explained to me why you don't want Single players to have another area to adventure when it would have zero effect on pvp...is it because then you wouldn't have the team giving you special areas just for PVP?

19. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Well Rune if you would have read my earlyer post you would see i never had a issue with SP acsessing shardfell in fact therm lock corrected me because i had thought a person could do just that

20. Womby

Womby Avatar

I believe there is general consensus amongst PVE supporters here (with only one exception) that removal of resources is fine for SPO access.
    Really, most PVE players just want to look at the pretty scenery that they have paid for.

EDIT: Rather than remove resources, it would be much simpler and easier to make them non- harvestable, since that would not require any editing of the scene.

Katrin Bekers [PeV] likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.