PVP/PVE instances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aldo, Mar 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Then why all this arguing then?

2. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Most of my arguing was directed to those who were argueing anti PvP point's of view

3. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

(*hangs head*) very smart. we should just pop this at the end of all the bazillion economy threads that turned into pve vs pvp conversatio.... oh, they ALL eventually turn into this! :)_

DEW for forum MODERATOR! i vote a paid post with the ability to (*snip*) someone's post and stick this and other quotes in before it gets outta hand! (im sort of serious. or tahru, idk.)

The Hendoman

Dewderonomy likes this.
  4. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Budner said: ↑
    Can't non-PvPers use the shardfalls in SPO mode?
    I do believe they can.. *shrugs* point remains the same however. I hate crafting I don't believe iv really have made a thing in game... but I have never made a thread about how i hate it refuse to do it and their for its unfair to me that it exists.

Not going to get all fancy since im on kindle and its a pain.... but this was my original point

mikeaw1101 likes this.
  5. TantX

TantX Avatar

My eyes caught this and I immediately refused to read anything else. You're not as informed as you think you are and I'm not going to ping-pong on make-believe. I'll simply bow out of any future discourse with you, for the sake of spamming pages trying to counter inane conjecture.

This is why I said what I said. Many of us came here because the game changed dramatically from what it started out as (a crappy mobile app more akin to Words With Friends than an actual PC game) along with the hints and suggestions that this game would be "interconnected" and highly "immersive" with gameplay focused on "simulation". These were selling points to many of us, yet the core mechanics, thus far, as well as what's seeming to come down the pipeline do not suggest those three elements will be appropriately supported.

I'm sure there will be immersion - talking to NPCs, the POTs, the storylines, whatever else - but that isn't exactly industry-changing stuff. That's just par for the course. Same thing with being interconnected yet the game can be played in a variety of ways, not like "I'm a crafter" or "I'm a merchant" or "I'm a mercenary" but "I don't want to play with any of you all and you can eat me for it." Just flip a switch and the rest of the realm means nothing to you, at your convenience? And speaking of flipping switches - simulation? Again, maybe I'm spoiled by every other sandbox game, particularly UO and the upcoming Star Citizen, but that just goes to prove my point that SotA will not operate in a vacuum of competition; if other games are better at every selling point, nostalgia alone won't get people shelling out money for Episodes 2 and 3.

Thanks for the comments. If the game was 2-3 years out, this wouldn't be an issue. If this was the Arena Commander of SotA, a module for us to play, something thrown together for concept testing and community building, then I'd be blown away. Everything I hear, however, is that this game will be out in less than a year, and the funds gathered so far support that even if it isn't entirely accurate. For those who don't know, $6 million is chump change for making a game, and barely navel lint when making an online one requiring servers and dedicated staff for maintenance plus continued content generation. I think things are on rails now and unable to change because to completely revamp core systems is simply not an option without a significant boost in pledges.

Personally, I see this topic pop up in every major discussion thread. I honestly think having a set open world PvP mode, where there are consequences (murder counts, jail for murder, skill/stat loss for being killed as a murderer, perma-death for extreme repeat offenders who get brought to justice, looting), would not only allow PvE'ers and people who enjoy the game through SPO/FPO to continue doing so without significant changes to appease everyone, but increase the playerbase by bringing back people who've lost interest in the lack of PvP options and those who want something immersive with open world PvP. That's good for us now, it's good for us down the road.

6. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Well, there's a conversation, don't like what you hear and bow out. Easier then just saying you were wrong I guess.

Long story short, you wanted UO 2 and are upset this isn't it.

Whatever this game was going to be before the kickstarter ran doesn't matter...it hasn't changed much since the kickstarter. If it has, what changed? It's funny I have been here since day 1 of the kickstarter now I'm not informed;)

7. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

Funny that's not how I read it ^^... D. made some good points, ones that have been similarly articulated (repeatedly) by others too I might add... I have been following this forum for as long as just about anyone, and it does seem like the game is catering to a very small, core group of outspoken backers, and well, that just miiiiight not be in our best interests, later on down the road. Specifically, regarding 'longevity' in a dynamic, crowded, and competitive market.

Dewderonomy likes this.
  8. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Well, you do share his feelings, it's not shocking that you feel he made some good points.

mikeaw1101 likes this.
  9. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

I don't share all of his feelings, but I'm also not afraid to speak up when somebody makes a good or interesting point (or points). I've agreed with many people's feelings here about some issues, and then disagreed with those same people on other ones. So...

Dewderonomy likes this.
  10. Goatwiz

Goatwiz Avatar

I am for a resource or rare being only available in PVP, as long as that resource or rare causes you to be flagged as PVP for possessing it even in non-PVP areas. This would give the PVP players a chance to have battles with those that normally would not want to go to PVP areas. Maybe a change in cursor color when hovering over the character who possesses the item or resource.

11. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

that's not why I was asking, I wanted to know what's the point of the flagging, if what someone suggested, we get pulled into a pvp instance.... .... if I am flagged not to.... :)

12. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

ummm non pvp areas? That will never happen, cause there are a lot of us who do not want to be pvp'd . Don't get me wrong, in games that offer both as OPTIONS, I usually PVP, but when I choose to.... that's why I like so far what they are doing with this game... they give us a choice to PVP or Not to PVP... so IF I wanted to PVP I would have absolutely no problem going into a PVP zone.... but then again If I don't choose to, then that means I can haveset, and yes that rare, which will be RARE in non pvp areas... in peace... Good try though ;) btw this is top secret .... so shh .... I plan on pvping as the, wait for it .... wait for it ( The Cowardly lion) shh, oh a stealth one too , after all I am the Cowardly Lion ... shhhhhh hush luv

13. no_excuses_its_released

no_excuses_its_released Avatar

Once the initialism PvP is uttered, the PvP war flags come out fairly quickly. Apparently the sound from all those flags flapping in the wind drowns out any sensible conversation taking place.

Laila likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.