1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Full loot PVP and stuff

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

It's Role play.

Roll play implies you are rolling dice or what not.

The last bit of your post was a pretty passive aggressive statement about those that don't 100% pvp, which is really not the point of this thread at all. I'm all for their being pvp, but there has to be checks and balances to ensure it isn't unbalanced. I feel like I keep saying this over and over again, but it really all comes down to that since a lot of the features in the game interact together any changes have to be carefully thought out.

For instance, someone already asked if affinity is still in the game since we haven't heard anything on it in awhile and could be strongly affected by full loot zones. This is just something to think on.

This isn't an us vs you, but a hmm lets think about how this affects this....like should be done when designing features in a game, not willy nilly throwing systems in.

2. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Roleplay is what i meant :D

I understand that and i hear ya, but its not just PVP being aggressive! Thats a fact you cannot argue with! look all through these forums on anything that hints at PVP and youll understand where im coming from.
    It was not personally pointed at you, so relax, there are others out there that have been agressive, towards us that are PVE.

Roleplay to me is acting out my character which at the moment is a dark elf, thats what i mean by roll play, he carries himself like a dark elf, and acts like one. I am PVP and i do roleplay my character.

Yes more need to come out on PVP, locations, balance and loot etc.... but we only have what we know or been told of by the devs, so thats all we have to go on. Contrary to popular beleif, I want PVE to have some special crap in the PVE areas, and i want them to also enjoy the game, as well as PVP.

Keira OFaolain and Ariella like this.
  3. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

"Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid." - Jayne Cobb

4. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

It's really easy to think that when you label everyone that doesn't agree with you are PvE.

Xandra7 likes this.
  5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Ristra why!!! Man things were calm and going fine before you casted judgement on me just now!!!!! I dont think everyone that doesnt agree with me is PVE, the PVE/PVP people normally have something constructive to put forth and not something like you just posted!!! Wasnt it you or Rune that said I shouldnt judge people PVP or PVE?? Then you post this? Next time maybe you should follow your own advice!! For the record RISTRA you plain out attack me! Maybe you just didnt know that i play PVP and PVE both!?

6. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

I strive to maintain a balance in most of my posts on here on delicate topics... I believe most pvp or pve players would say that im fair when i put my points in on this subject. with this being said this post will favor pvp side of the house...

I personally have witnessed attack after attack against pvp. Everyone is so worried about balance and what is fair. I have seen people claim pvp is not a play style and claims that they do not deserve any thing. I have even seen crying over pvp zones not being fair for pve players cause they cant go their and they want the same map built for them so they can enjoy the whole game. I personally have not seen a single pvp thread that has not been hijacked and twisted off of the original context that was being discussed. I have seen pvp threads related to game mechanics in pvp that only relate to pvp get thrashed by people who don't pvp and have no idea why the issue was being discussed to them it was a non issue in the game. (key words was a non issue to them)

Seriously this is not UO. People have realized certain mistakes in the past and do not plan to repeat them here. This game is a 100 percent pvp by choice. so why do you really care what pvp get to do. Why do you care if pvp has a full loot zone or that they get a slightly higher percentage of a drop. Again this isn't UO where u were forced to go to pvp areas just to survive in the game. They have stated crafted will be better than anything found in the game. But yet no one complained that crafters got love. wait that's right they wont kill you when your rude or on a whim.

This game was not built to be a plug and play hold your hand mmo. Its one of the reasons why I personally play this game. This game is complex does require you to use team work. But this is the crux of the problem isn't it.

Teamwork......
    unlike the united states military (which has 5 teams) where we fight constantly among ourselves. no matter what happens to which branch if a civilian gets out of line to any branch any other branch will step up and defend them.... period end of story. However in this game i see people airing out our dirty laundry bashing any other team than their own. I have met my future wife in this game. met new friends that will probably last a life time. I'm sure some one smarter than me can probably show that we have people playing this game from all walks of life and countries. And guess what we can get along for the most part with everyone of them which in the real world we can not.... yet when it comes to in house we have entrenched sides here. Yes i get in the past pvp earned a really bad name. Yes i get their are people today in this game working very hard to earn a bad name here as well. Guess what people it is ok. I'm not a wrestling fan but people love to root for the bad guys. some people who are squeaky clean in real life like to play bad people.

This game is solidly under Richard Garret and Dark starr's control over the next 5 years after launch. bottom line all you non pvpers the world will be tilted in your favor as long as those people are in control. stop worrying about. whats truly wrong with allowing pvp players a little fun as well. I understand i will get why should i respect them when they don't respect us. guess what respect is earned not given. i have seen people like envy who i respect come straight out and say i will pk you i will rez kill you and yet here on the boards has rarely gotten out of line and from the most part talks with respect.

I don't care which side of this debate you are on. Just be glad im not a moderator. cause the levels of disrespect shown both ways to me is intolerable at times.
    YOUR HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR BUT FEAR ITS SELF.
    1) work for solutions not just identifying perceived inequalities. WHERE YOUR RIGHTS END ANOTHER BEGINS
    2)stop the whole us vs them... WE ARE SOTA ANY US VS THEM SHOULD BE ANOTHER MMO PLATFORM NOT INTERNAL
    3)this is a game its meant to be fun... just cause u don't find something fun does not lesson the fun for some one else.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST PVPERS....... Y'all need to stop crying wolf as well. you play the evil card.(not all but most) Generally in the world today people who are evil are hunted down and destroyed. where some people lack the necessarily the skills in game they will hunt you down here. you chose your battlefield in game and cant be beaten by them they chose to fight here. are your truly surprised by the outrage they feel twords you. they played many years under those rules of tyranny.

Their is still common ground that can be met by both sides

Roper DocHoliday
    Knight of Compassion

Tarsin, Mystic, Ariella and 3 others like this.
  7. Amethyst

Amethyst Avatar

I agree. I intend to try PVP for the first time in R16. If I find something and I want to keep it, I will run like hell out of the scene. I am a newbie. I expect it to be tough or I won't bother--don't disappoint me and get wimpy! I have a feeling I am going to die many times over in the beginning, but I assure you that I won't feel a thing.

8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Lady Amethyst, I will teach you how to PVP free of charge! Ill make an excellent PVPr out of you, and it will be fun! i have been training many as of late in the art of PVPing (not Pking! incase somone wants argue!) Understand that while in PVP you will die, there is no doubt, you can never win them all and some fights are better left for better strategies and other days! Also if we PVP kill off another PVP, then yes we are a type of Pkr, but not the ones that gank the weak!

As Roper put it not all PVP are "bad guys", if i kill somone in the game they probably were a "bad guy" for one reason or another. I will never gank somone at the trainer (although i have been ganked there before!), I will not rez kill (although i have been rez killed before!) I will never camp you (eventhough i have been camped before!) I will be the one that kills off those people in game at no matter what cost. That is my game play.The "good guy" is how i play my character, i will hunt down "the bad guy". This is the reason i personally love PVP.

One last note..........As you can see i know what it feels like to be griefed, it does suck!

Keira OFaolain likes this.
  9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

No... Not all PVP are bad guys.

However, there are enough of them to spoil my day on any given day. Therefore I opt to not risk having my day spoiled.
    SotA gives me the tools I need to avoid having my day spoiled... If that is throwing the baby out with the bath water, so be it. It's simply not worth the risk to me.

It's Not Fun to me, and I won't pay (again) for something that isn't fun.

10. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Lady A I wish you the best of luck and as a newbie to pvp my self I think it is well worth the time to flag. i have learned alot over the past months and i look forward to each time i learn something else :)

Tahru, Roper Docholiday and Net like this.
  11. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I post something and try to give it a full range of 100% - 5% then pose a question of what % would be acceptable.
    You ignore that and go for the exaggerated example, I even stated it was exaggerated, then commence to run a rant about something that is not even remotely true. Playing the victim once again.
    This right here is exactly what you do every time. Every time.

Tunnel on 1 thing that you take out of context. Belittle the poster for not being PvP and not knowing what PvP wants. If there is any back and forth after that you feign outrage and act like a victim. Maybe you think that will help sic the mods on people, don't know, but the end effect is you shut down any conversation. Maybe that's what you want, if you are not 100% PvP then shut up.
    This is not an attack. It's stating the obvious, bluntly. I am telling you that you do this every time. Take a post out of context by focusing on one element then pretend you are being attacked shortly after. It's not an attack, no one can change this to be an attack, not even if you are offended. (which I doubt, it's probably all an act for the mods)

People come to threads like this and post concerns about PvP and you jump on them as anti-PvP attempting to ruin PvP. So I tried to explain why people would post the way they do and I get lumped in with anti-PvP, every time.

You know that segregation is not the plan. It's 5% of the zones are PvP only. 100% of the zones are open PvP, by consent. This thread opens up the possibility that 5% will be larger.

Quest related PvP, such as contraband, isn't going to be in the 5% it will be in the other 95%.
    Contested zones, are the PvP or are they not.
    City sieges, are the PvP or are they not.
    These new full loot zones, will that be the 5% or will it make for a larger %, say 10%.

When a contested zone is under control. Will this have an economical value. Could this value be a strong push, nearly forcing, people to PvP.
    City sieges that are PvP will have potential to put PvP in the way at a level of either PvP or log off. That's as close to forcing PvP as you can get.

Full loot zones, will these zones life the other death penalties or will these players be double dipping. If item affinity is still part of the plan. The loss of gear carries a lot more weight. That means people will not be wearing their best gear. That carries a lot of issues.

You have a choice. You can read all this as yet another attack. Then we wait for the mods to roll in and decide. Or you can actually discuss the topic. If you feel the need to pretend I am attacking you, pretend PvP is being attacked, or threaten to show me your kill on sight list, don't bother. I am not interested in it, it won't work on me, I am here to discuss PvP. And I will call you on it 100% of the time. I am being blunt, but you really need to move on from this mess. We all want PvP to be great. If there are any that want PvP to be watered down and boring they are not posting.

I color coded the parts you should be focusing on. This is the topic. Let's not devolve into bickering when there is room for actual discussion.

Xandra7 likes this.
  12. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

Q) You know that segregation is not the plan. It's 5% of the zones are PvP only. 100% of the zones are open PvP, by consent. This thread opens up the possibility that 5% will be larger.

A) If it is does this really affect the game if they add extra content beyond the orriginal scope?

Q) Quest related PvP, such as contraband, isn't going to be in the 5% it will be in the other 95%.
    A) more than likely but this follows under game content not game map size (i know poor representation but the question was lacking in depth)

Q) Contested zones, are the PvP or are they not.
    A) which contested zones are you refering to? so far control points on the map are supposed to be guarded by npc mobs unless a control point is in a pvp area that i dont know of. So far i have seen only 7 control points listed (not saying any more as i dont know what is privilidge information)

Q) City sieges, are the PvP or are they not.
    A) from the hang outs which i saw if a city was a pvp enabled city then they were considering the a possible pvp seige but not even in the development priorites list all the other city sieges will be npc mobs

Q) These new full loot zones, will that be the 5% or will it make for a larger %, say 10%.
    A) Does this really matter. if it adds a few percent points? its content being added not subtracted from the pve/pvm orginal allocation of property. so in some ways should those areas be even calculated as part of the 95% to 5% ratio that you have mentioned. 5 % percent content for a player base in the game that consists of probably close to 25 percent give or take of the total players when this goes live... seems to me they are getting the real short end of the stick here.

Q) When a contested zone is under control. Will this have an economical value. Could this value be a strong push, nearly forcing, people to PvP.
    City sieges that are PvP will have potential to put PvP in the way at a level of either PvP or log off. That's as close to forcing PvP as you can get.
    A) that is the risk you live with if you live in a pvp enabled town. dont like that dont live in a pvp enabled town plenty of game towns and non pvp player owned towns.

Q)Full loot zones, will these zones life the other death penalties or will these players be double dipping. If item affinity is still part of the plan. The loss of gear carries a lot more weight. That means people will not be wearing their best gear. That carries a lot of issues.
    A) not really sure what your question is here. can you reword this? people not wearing their best gear going into a full loot pvp zone seems kinda obvious what issues do you see with that? the rest of what u said i have no idea what you were trying to convey so until you clarify it i wont expand on it

Keira OFaolain and Tahru like this.
  13. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

IMO, no, and 5% was an approximation. The question is more about at what % does it affect the game. Not that it should be set in stone to 5%. This is a personal question for each of us. Do we want 100%, 5%, or are we OK with something in between. At what point does the balance push to a heavy focus on PvP.
    PvP like contraband quests seem more like the "lure" type content. No need to lure anyone that is already in the 5% zones.
    Hilt, in this post I link the PvP & Death Deep Dive where RG describes Hilt, a contested zone. RG could have been talking off the cusp and Hilt is not PvP but it is the PvP Deep Dive so connecting the dots of Hilt being PvP is logical.
    From what I remember, POTs are not open to siege, but I haven't been digging into POTs much so I'd have to do more homework.
    Sieges have not been much of a topic. At this point I assume zero city sieges are PvP. Are PvPers OK with that?
    Again, this is on par with the earlier question, it's more about what % does it transition to too much, is there a thing as too much. For argument sake, if they do not wish to segregate the player base. The 5% is in effect segregation. These areas do not blend the bases in the way the other 95% will. So increasing the % does segregate. At what point does the segregation become an impact on this middle road they are going for.
    POTs are not a part of this as living in a PvP POT is consenting to PvP. It's the non POT cities. We don't know if they are going to have PvP. A PvP element might be great, such as fighting outside the city is not PvP (unless open PvP as they can PvP anywhere) but if you go into the sewers you consent to PvP.
    Item affinity was the mechanic they discussed to get people to wear their best gear. No more naked mage. Item affinity is not in game, it hasn't been discussed in a while so we don't know much about it. Affinity becomes a 2nd layer of punishment for death when they take your gear.

Wearing your best gear means you will repair your gear You are performing at your best with that gear. Full loot, if you don't wear your best gear. No need to repair. No need for affinity. Replace the gear with gear that is economically expedient.

Resurrection sickness. This is death penalty is more for removing people from the field. If you can take their gear then this is not required. It's double dipping.

Probably some more death penalties I am forgetting but those elaborate the question I was posing.

14. darkthrone451

darkthrone451 Avatar

YES!! please make pvp more like classic UO. I might be able to get my friends to play...

15. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

Q) IMO, no, and 5% was an approximation. The question is more about at what % does it affect the game. Not that it should be set in stone to 5%. This is a personal question for each of us. Do we want 100%, 5%, or are we OK with something in between. At what point does the balance push to a heavy focus on PvP.
    A) mmm by the nature of the beast anything over 50 % of the game content would be out of balance...the scales of justice being equal... however the time has changed and the rolls reversed where in uo the rulers of the land were pvp and content was designed around them. This time pve/pvm are hell bent to make sure that dosnt happen again. i agree neither side should have more power than the other. this game is and will be unusual in many ways... both online and off line play and friends..... will have an actual story line... has a sand box feel with a bottom. so i would say from analizing those factors... u have story line players, pvp, pvm/pve, rp, and crafters to me that is 5. that in turns would make each faction a 20 percent game percentage if you wanted to be fair. which no one other than pvpers want. Every one is to scared that pvp will gain the power and thus the edge...

Q) not i moved this one out of order to fit where the similar question was and to keep the content flowing. Again, this is on par with the earlier question, it's more about what % does it transition to too much, is there a thing as too much. For argument sake, if they do not wish to segregate the player base. The 5% is in effect segregation. These areas do not blend the bases in the way the other 95% will. So increasing the % does segregate. At what point does the segregation become an impact on this middle road they are going for.
    A) i think my awnser from earlier fits as its the same question reworded...A) mmm by the nature of the beast anything over 50 % of the game content would be out of balance...the scales of justice being equal... however the time has changed and the rolls reversed where in uo the rulers of the land were pvp and content was designed around them. This time pve/pvm are hell bent to make sure that dosnt happen again. i agree neither side should have more power than the other. this game is and will be unusual in many ways... both online and off line play and friends..... will have an actual story line... has a sand box feel with a bottom. so i would say from analizing those factors... u have story line players, pvp, pvm/pve, rp, and crafters to me that is 5. that in turns would make each faction a 20 percent game percentage if you wanted to be fair. which no one other than pvpers want. Every one is to scared that pvp will gain the power and thus the edge...

Q) well this is more of a statement than a question but ill respond...PvP like contraband quests seem more like the "lure" type content. No need to lure anyone that is already in the 5% zones.
    R) This is another quest... a more dangerous one... one that I really like the idea of... I know many non pvpers that have expressed like for this as well as disdain... the fact is many people who dont want to pvp but do enjoy testing odds... adrenlin junkies like my self like this idea cause they can attempt to out wit pvper's this is a strategy... in time we will see if its a feesable action and if the rewards are wroth the risk... some call it a lure and those are the ones generally entrenched in the anti pvp camp. The way i look at it on a personal level not speaking for anyone else here...Any extra content in the game makes it better... it broadens the audience that we can attract for 1 adds more game play time to the game 2 and 3 allows for a change in scenery from either grinding story line or mobs or pvp or gathering rp and last and not least crafting.

Q)POTs are not a part of this as living in a PvP POT is consenting to PvP. It's the non POT cities. We don't know if they are going to have PvP. A PvP element might be great, such as fighting outside the city is not PvP (unless open PvP as they can PvP anywhere) but if you go into the sewers you consent to PvP.
    A) I personally would love to see a npc owned town if you want to call that to be a pvp enabled town. some players have shown concern with renting in a player own town. i suspect the vast majority of the pot owners will be fair and legit with their vasels if you want to call them that. but we all know thier is that 1 percent that will exploit this. It has been discussed numerous times in other threads no need to drag a dead horse back from the grave. so yes i say make a few enabled pvp towns owned by the game. Your second point probably has been awnsered all ready look at ardious. bout to pvp look at kingsport boat to pvp. thier is no differance to clicking on a gate to a dungeon vs clicking on a boat and ending up in a pvp area. so in essance that is allready in the game. To head off your next question yes i do believe that such content should be applied to the " 5 % game content reserved for pvp" which again i will state is way to low of a number to ever be considered fair by any means

Q)From what I remember, POTs are not open to siege, but I haven't been digging into POTs much so I'd have to do more homework.
    Sieges have not been much of a topic. At this point I assume zero city sieges are PvP. Are PvPers OK with that?
    A) If i am not mistaken it was in the 12 hour cyberthon that it was brifly mentioned. someone smarter and better at video etting might be able to pull the blurb. but it is being kicked around as an idea but does not have the priority to be coded or discussed at this time. with that being said many pvpers would love this to be put in the game. they hope it will. Im sure some wont want it. However if you want my opinion (speaking for no one else here) i would love to see it come in the game, why cause it adds more content and provides a foundation for future guild wars as well. in any case i am a huge fan in adding anything that can add more game play hours to the game.

Q) again more of a statement that a question Hilt, in this post I link the PvP & Death Deep Dive where RG describes Hilt, a contested zone. RG could have been talking off the cusp and Hilt is not PvP but it is the PvP Deep Dive so connecting the dots of Hilt being PvP is logical.
    A) well more a response... this topic borders on privldge information so i regret that i will be vauge as i don't want to say something that is not allowed in open fourm. have you seen where hilt is on the map. i say take a closer look at the map again. if hilt should be a pvp control point. tell me by looking on the map how easily you can get around it. i count 3 ways to bypass it. if not more depending on factors i truly do not have the inforamtion on. but please look at the map and see if you can find ways around it. 1 appears it would cost you no extra time 2 might cost u a bit more time depending on where your start point was.

Q) the final question...Item affinity was the mechanic they discussed to get people to wear their best gear. No more naked mage. Item affinity is not in game, it hasn't been discussed in a while so we don't know much about it. Affinity becomes a 2nd layer of punishment for death when they take your gear. Wearing your best gear means you will repair your gear You are performing at your best with that gear. Full loot, if you don't wear your best gear. No need to repair. No need for affinity. Replace the gear with gear that is economically expedient. Resurrection sickness. This is death penalty is more for removing people from the field. If you can take their gear then this is not required. It's double dipping Probably some more death penalties I am forgetting but those elaborate the question I was posing.
    A) I can not awnser this question... until i have found the information pertaining to affinity i have no basis to awnser this question. the death penalties and related conquences i belive should be a internal forum by acutal pvpers in the game and only pvpers in the game. if you are not an established pvper then u should have no say in the discussion on the reprecussion of what goes on in the full loot area. And before some one says thats giving them to much power. Think about it we dont have pvpers design dungeons or mobs pve/pvmers put their 2 cents on it. leave pvp consequences to people that actually play it. let them fight it out... I say assemble a panel of known reds like Envy and company with his mind set to = 3 players and assemble a panel of 3 pk hunters like Duke violation and similar mindset and let them hash it out. why do i say this cause its common sense. why have people who dont pvp will never go their and with a mind set of i hate pvp weighing in on a matter than have no horse in the race.

A final note i do aplogise for the spelling errors when replying to this was done on my smart phone and the spell checker isnt working.
    Roper DocHoliday

16. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Are you not stating here that everyone that is not PVP or with me on the same sheet i consider PVE????????

that is so wrong! Since these forums started, all i hear is no pvp this no pvp that, why do you get extra resources, and we dont, I will never PVP but ill post here in the PVP forms.

ok letsbreak this down for a second, didntyou tell me to stop labeling people way back when, and then you turn around and lable me! So its ok for you to do it and not me right? I mean thats exactly what you did here! So why can you do that and i cannot?

So many people are afraid to lose stuff they choose to not play PVP, or they take PVP down 10 notches from where its supposed to be (taking the fun out of a game for us PVP!)

then on top of that i hear "why do they get extra and we dont!?" heres the reason PVP is risky business! we dont have to worry about only NPCs and Monsters i can time any game mechanic, to acomplish what i need becuase i know what it will do when and how often (you cant do that with PVP a real person!

Then i hear "i will never PVP!" by some. OK so dont, and why are you posting in a PVP thread if your not going to PVP??? Why will you try to change my game play? to cater to you? ( my advice mind your own game play!)

Then it gets heated in here, and when theres no answer for something the avid PVEr lashes out with something irrelevant, just to try and get the final word in! (people that will argue at any cost)

If i see somone as selfish, i cant even say that they are being selfish with out getting moderated!!! for name calling! I cant even say you make me laugh without getting moderated!

yet we PVPrs are always told we want to hunt sheep all of us are bad, all we want to do is grief others etc... (yes some do that but not all) that is not how i or most of my PVP friends play!

Then the PVE call themselves sheep and when we use that term we are moderated for it!!!! PVE people we dont need sheep!!!!1 We have each other to kill off.

Yes PVP is not for everyone, good for them i wont hold that against them! I will however stand up tooth and nail for my right to PVP, just as much as any die hard PVE will, but i will be moderated and they will continue to grief me and others here in the forums!

the people that cry out grief all the time are griefing people in the forums! with nonsense arguements that have nothing to do with the thread being posted in, go bac and look and see how much is nonsens youll see it is every thread, that has to do with PVP. The PVErs will attack on site just becuase we are die hard PVP! (even if they themselves will not ever PVP!)

So Ristra before you start throwing stones in a glass house think about it. I am not against PVE im against certain people that all they do is argue, and when they cant come up with a good response they come up with something totally off subject to try and look like they know what thier talking about! Example... Yes i am using rune_74 now.

When i said Roll Play, Rune knew exactly what i meant Roleplay, but yet he came back with his grand knowledge that Roll Play means dice type games WHICH HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE POST AT ALL!.

So before people start judging me and telling me what i am and am not, those people should look in the mirror at themselves!

One final note, by no means am i crying victim or want somone to feel sorry for me or us, whatever happens, i will still play PVP! But things need to be pointed out, that seem to be over looked in these forums!

17. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

This is just a little bit insulting and wrong.

I didn't just post about roll play/role play...I did correct it because it is a pet peve nothing more....You could have easily reported it if you thought it was so bad.

You clearly decided to ignore the rest of the post I had there, making it seem that's all I said. That seems hardly fair wouldn't you say? It's twisting what I actually said, making it look much worse then what was said. I could report that as a personal attack, but I rarely report posts these days, some here however live off that report key.

Here is what else I said in that post, in case you missed it:

The last bit of your post was a pretty passive aggressive statement about those that don't 100% pvp, which is really not the point of this thread at all. I'm all for their being pvp, but there has to be checks and balances to ensure it isn't unbalanced. I feel like I keep saying this over and over again, but it really all comes down to that since a lot of the features in the game interact together any changes have to be carefully thought out.

For instance, someone already asked if affinity is still in the game since we haven't heard anything on it in awhile and could be strongly affected by full loot zones. This is just something to think on.

This isn't an us vs you, but a hmm lets think about how this affects this....like should be done when designing features in a game, not willy nilly throwing systems in.

------

The constant us VS them instead of talking about the issue is wasteful. Lets move beyond the finger pointing. Your last line is a classic example of what you say it isn't.

18. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

RUNE 74 Said:there has to be checks and balances to ensure it isn't unbalanced. I feel like I keep saying this over and over again, but it really all comes down to that since a lot of the features in the game interact together any changes have to be carefully thought out.

ok im game... what checks and balances would u like to see... so far most everything is checked and not balanced in favor of pve content. no one denies this either (rough estimate 5 % pvp to 95% pvm/pve) what many people are posting about (which is the cause many pvpers to be passive aggressive) that for every little bone pvp gets even if its the size of a small dog's treat they cry foul and say how the game is becoming unbalanced... How much more of a reasurence do you need when darkstarr and lord british both say no non conscentual pvp. that all items found in pvp areas can and will be found elsewhere in the game. To coin a phrase from uo... this game is full care bear by option...You will never be forced to enter a pvp zone. this is fully optional.

so back to the addinity question... i honestly have no clue what it is or does but i dont see how this system would affect non pvp play styles... in a full loot area. bottom line is unless your super rich and really confindent your probably not going to be wearing your ultra elite gear. well for the avg person im sure a few might.

and i agree with you rune 74 this shouldnt be an us vs you thing. but you want to know what. unfortunitly it has become that way. probably always has been that way for as long as i can remeber forum boards. Back in uo the tables were reversed pvp had the power. now pvm/pve has all the power. their is constant attacks on both sides of the fence. that is why every so often i log in and try to find a middle ground that people can agree with.

throwing game systems in willy nilly ... this is pre alpha this is the time to throw stuff in willy nilly as i can be deleted modified and worked out to see all the side effects... i personally have more confindence in this development team to think things through. my problem is why does any pvm/pve who will never go into a full loot area care what goes on mechanically in their? what power does it take away from you to allow them a playground they can play the way they want to?

FOOD FOR THOUGHT....
    alot of the problems we see brought up in the pvp threads are all about restricting power from pvp. we cant let them get to much power. when will it be enough...

Alot of this stems from the blant abuse of power they weilded in uo. I understand your fears you never want to live under that tryany again. believe me i truly get that.

If we punish pvp for thier abuse in the past by limiting their content, play style, voice whatever.... HOW ARE WE ANY BETTER THAN THEM. ITS THE SAME THING JUST ABUSING FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE TABLE.

why are so many pve/pvm players so afraid to let any content for pvp come to life? how does this affect you being able to play the game

19. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

You do realize that post was not solely pointed at you!? Only one sentence was. Like you i rarely press that report button. Eventhough i always seem to get moderated after long arguements with the like of Die hard PVE or die hard whatever they are!

I dont really see whats so insulting about it but, eh, to each thier own.

what are you talking about here----->"the last bit of your post was a pretty passive aggressive statement about those that don't 100% pvp"

20. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    sometimes its best to agree to disagree, I have been caught in the hamster wheel before. If there is no middle ground just move on :) Not talking to anyone specific, just my little statement :)

blaquerogue, 4EverLost and Net like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.