Rift's End - Ft. Sharm

Discussion in 'The Bards of Poets' Circle' started by Dinsoo, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Hi. I am very humbled by what has been represented here. The music in this game is amazing and the people who have authored it are amazing people. (I have done my research). While I am in game running around I find myself hearing cues and rifts reminding me of zoning or foraging, mining or fighting!.

I would like to submit this song to be used only as town music for Rift's End. For all who do not know, it is a player owned town (POT) which is in the respected possession of Kvow of the Moongate Travelers [MGT as many of you know].

This is the music we have chosen to represent our POT. I am giving it to the game with only these requirements:

1) It is used for the music in the POT Rift's End
    2) You pay me $1 store credit which in return gives you full rights to the song
    3) I and Sharm retain full credit for the composition

If you like the music and think it worthy of SotA, I am honored.

Rift's End - Ft. Sharm

2. Sharm

Sharm Avatar

Thank you for having me on board for Rift's End! I hope that it is a piece that can be approved! The community seems to like it thus far, now I cross my fingers :)

3. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

4. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

On the MGT forums we have a number of questions for our members to answer regarding the town design. Answering questions makes a person a member of the Rift's End council with as much or as little responsibility as they desire. Participating in the questions is also a way that we have populated our Record of Interest which now represents half of our town lot space.

On Nov 27th question #6 of 17 posted by one of our members (people are encouraged to make a question) was, "Can we commission one of the bards to write unique music to play in our town? Or perhaps find some royalty free music? Or perhaps one of our community members make one?"

From this question arose two of our current leaders. Dinsoo [MGT] and Thadeus Crook [MGT] took on the project in earnest. It was completed last night with the surprise ending of having Sharm charm us with her vocals.

I'm humbled by the trust within MGT and from the support of the greater community at large.

As an aside. Question #2, "What will we call the bar in Rift's End" was decided by poll back in November. Journey's End is the name of our arena bar tended by By Tor [MGT] and we hope to hear this music playing inside one day.

5. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

This song is awesome! Hopefully all PoT's will be able to have custom music.

6. Floors

Floors Avatar

7. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

Congratulation to an awesome,unique Song for your PoT MGT :)

8. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

Dinsoo shared the development of this melody with us, and discussed the process as it went along. Interesting process, fantastic music.

*Celowynn raises his flute of red wine* "Here's to you, Dinsoo, Thadeues, and Sharm! Job well done! *Celowynn savors a healthy sip*

9. Sammegarian

Sammegarian Avatar

Is it wrong that I read "Ft. Sharm" and clicked like immediately, before even having clicked play? *Ponders* Well, if this song is put in, which I hope it will be, I foresee myself spending time at Rift's End, regardless of knowing next to nothing else about it.

10. Smurfwizard

Smurfwizard Avatar

11. Thadeus Crook

Thadeus Crook Avatar

It is a very beautiful piece of music! It's a great opportunity to be able to contribute to the Shroud community. I'd like to thank Dinsoo and Sharm for their amazing work on this project!

12. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

I want to give a special thank you to Asclepius. He is the reason Sharm is involved in this song. I owe him a great deal and am very thankful to know him. Thank you Asclepius.

Thadeus Crook did a great job of producing this along with me. Thank you brother. (actually, we are twins)

Sharm, your voice captivates everyone. You made the song what it is and I am blessed an honored by your participation. Thank you!

I am humbled by all of your words. Thank you everyone! This community surpasses any other I have been involved with and it shows in all of our efforts to make this game the best. There are several here that have posted that have been an inspiration to me, many are in game friends. I am excited about how this is all turning out. On behalf of Rift's End, I salute all of you. Thank you, thank you so much.

13. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Thank you for your gracious words Dinsoo. Actually I just got very lucky - I happened to be in the right place and time to bring two very talented people together:)
    The end result is all down to them - and I think you can agree that it is something extremely special! The gentle melody, along with Sharm's haunting and beautiful voice, is something I can see myself listening to a lot!

But I will absolutely agree that this is an amazing community; I likewise have made many firm friends here, and I cherish you all. And with our combined efforts this game will be something totally wonderful!

14. Baer

Baer Avatar

I love the music and while I have not had a lot of time to play I am happy to be part of this community. I am one who will be needing lots of help to get up to speed playing :)

15. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Amazing music! It really fits SotA perfectly. 3 cheers to all involved.

PS- Sharm's voice is truly unique. The word "beautiful" doesn't do her singing justice.

16. Etheom

Etheom Avatar

Excellent job on the music guys. I absolutely love the deep ambiance.

17. OrionSnake

OrionSnake Avatar

A big THANK YOU to both Dinsoo and Sharm on their hard work to produce this beautiful serenade.

18. Chuzpah Goodfellow

Chuzpah Goodfellow Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.