PaxLair PoT in Early Release - events, news, housing, open to communities

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Winfield, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

"PaxLair" Player Owned Town Scene (Metropolis)

Release 17 (April 30, 2015) and beyond!

This thread consolidates and continues our PaxLair pre-Episode 1 adventures, ideas, and more.

Here is a version of the PaxLair Map we will try to keep current and note Areas of Attraction!

If you want to get your establishment on the Attractions List, let us know what you are doing, run some events, place some services (like crafting stations, vendors, or other features), hang out and meet people, and have great decorations!

Updated August 9, 2015

[​IMG]
    20150809PaxLairMap.png

Use Ctrl-F5 to refresh your browser cache if you don't see all the numbers in the map that are listed below.
    • Red Star - PVP Arena Basements (Castle, City, Town, Village)
    • 1 - BEAR Tavern
    • 1 - PaxLair Furniture Company
    • 1 - PaxLair Coffee Shop (Minerva) for daily Breakfast Club gatherings!
    • 2 - Obsidian Towers (Town and Village)
    • 3 - Central Park and Row House any "Resident" may occupy
    • 4 - PaxLair Cargo Ship
    • 5 - Crafting Pavilion with Vendors and Crafting Stations
    • 5 - Row Houses that any "Resident" may occupy
    • 6 - Adobe Fortress for the PaxLair groups and guilds from Old Britannia
    • 7 - Town Market and Cargo Off-loading location
      • expanded for a Town Communication Center (notes, cache boxes, hangout spots)
      • expanded to test transitioning deco across lots more organically
    • 8 - Blue Roof Inn (already owned lots, can be assigned out to people without lot deeds)
    • 9 - Bridge with Teleport locations to other Boroughs of PaxLair:
      • Wagon - Tenakill
      • Sewer Cover - Dragons Watch (PVP)
      • Boat - Serenity Isle
      • Sewer Cover - Sea Nymph Grotto
      • Wagon - Lockbrier
    • 10 - Wishing Well Bakery
    • 11 - Future location of the Memorial Cemetery
    • 12 - Fishhook Lake Pub and Park
    We are growing in a manner called "organically" meaning, we grow as people have ideas, want to do things and move in. We have placed about 55% of our metropolis lot marker square footage with the Dynamic Lot Placement tool. We have much more to create.

We have outbound PoT to PoT locations at the downtown bridge, and are working on defining how/where those markers go to to help the Developers for our town cluster/nested towns. We have 9 PoTs in our town cluster for PaxLair.

Release 20 wiped all of PaxLair, and we are now using the Dynamic Lot Placement tool allowing us to place lot markers on flat areas whenever we want. We can move them around too. So we are "building" PaxLair on the Forest01 Template as we come up with new ideas.

OLDER INFORMATION:
    Update: April 30, 2015:
    Our PaxLair Release 17 Roll-Out Team has people leading different areas. They are as follows (subject to more changes as we go ... it's great to see SO MANY PEOPLE helping out -- Thanks!):
    • Housing Assignments - Sean Silverfoot and Themo Lock
    • Quartermaster - NANOC and Sean Silverfoot
    • Decorations - Gaelis Trajan and Themo Lock
    • Events - Amber Raine
    • Stream Teams - Kazyn Phoenixfyre (Wrathphoenix)
    • Cooperative PvP Events - Bambino
    • Role-playing - Doctor Shroud (Doctor) and Bowen Bloodgood
    • Bug Reporting - Themo Lock
    • Diplomacy (and fishing) - Winfield
    So please work with the above folks or let me know you want to help lead an area or start a new area to lead.

/Update

See: Lot Number Allocation Table for Players on SotAWiki

This thread is for planning the activities, housing allocations, news, events, and more to help the entire community participate and create a "buzz" about Player Owned Towns during Release 17 and more.

The PaxLair Player Owned Town (PoT) is being used as a test subject for Release 17. This will help the community and the developers gain experience in designing the many PoTs that have been purchased. The design aspects of the PoT Test are in this other thread here: PaxLair Player Owned Town Test for R17

Here are some notes that can help us work together:
    • Objectives:
      • The purpose of this roll-out is to celebrate all the PoTs that will be coming to Novia and make this a grand opening for the whole concept of Player Owned Towns.
      • The purpose is also to give this scene a thorough mechanics-test for how things work, template design, etc.
      • PaxLair will not be specifically "role-played" during this roll-out. PaxLair will role-play a settler-entry into this Realm during Episode One.
      • We want to fill the entire Scene with people, guilds, and towns who will decorate their houses (or find others who will help) and some who will create businesses and events.
      • We want to see how a PoT can become a center of attention, commerce, gatherings, helping new people, and nearly all things a PoT owner might want.
      • PaxLair will not be a PvP area, so we can't test that part yet.
      • We want to work with other PoT owners and managers on how the mechanics are working for allocating lots and kicking houses off lots (all for test of course).
      • We have asked the PaxLair scene in R17 be slightly different for lot sizes to accommodate a Duke Keep and other housing arrangements we don't intend to have in E1, as of now. We would then set the lot subdivisions to the PaxLair Episode One configuration later during a major wipe.
      • We want lots of Publicity for SotA during this, through Radio, Twitch, Steam, YouTube, Fan Sites, Facebook, Twitter, phone calls, letters, and messages in bottles! We will need help to do this from the growing Media Community.

• House Allocation: Here is how we will work the housing lot allocations during Release 17 and later until the next major wipe (See Sean Silverfoot, Town Manager):
      • You do not need to be part of PaxLair to place a house.
      • Only Winfield (the owner of the PoT) can unlock the approx. 120 house locations for people to use. So be gentle and patient with him.
      • Priority placement is first given to the current PaxLair designated residents who have worked with PaxLair in the past months.
      • Next priority is for other town/guild communities to place their establishments in PaxLair if they desire (pubs, theaters, mazes, etc.)
      • Third priority is for embassies, guild halls, and smaller businesses being set up by towns or guilds.
      • Fourth priority is for people who are willing to decorate their houses, be around, join events, and hang out.
      • We will try to keep track of who has what houses, maintain some contact lists via forum names and such.
      • If someone has not decorated their house in a week or so and/or not participated in events and such, then that house might be removed (kicked). We will make attempts to reach the person of course before that happens! We want people to participate if they can!
      • We will set up some areas and housing for testing permissions and kicks. We will probably even kick the Castle out to see what happens.
      • We will rotate some key lots like the Duke Keep about once a month. We will work with the owners.
      • Management of the PaxLair PoT can be done with more people, not just PaxLair people. We want to work with the community and PoT owners on ideas to best manage a PoT.

• Dimensions of the Roll Out: There are many things that can be done to help us, you, and SotA get the most advantage out of this Roll-Out.
      • Publicity - We seek news reporters, video, radio, and anyone who can get the 'buzz' going about this roll-out.
      • House Lot Deeds - See Sean Silverfoot if you can donate some house lot deeds for this test until the next major wipe - your extra lot deeds will be used for those who do not have any.
      • Events - There can be a ton of events in PaxLair -- no pre-coordination needed. We want to have arena basements, and arena above-ground areas too. So if you have an idea for an event, just plan it, schedule it on calendars, and do it. I could use an "event coordinator" to help me and they can use the Community Calendars.
      • App Designers / Web Designers - This is an opportunity to prepare your Apps, Sites, Wikis, etc. for the onslaught of PoTs coming into the Realm. Offer services for mapping lot locations, guide book information and more!
      • Role-Playing! - Of course we will roleplay in the PaxLair area as much as we can and desire. We hope to see the SotA Role-Players and more descend on us.
      • Fishing!!!! - Oh, fishing won't be in until about Release 75 (I am still on strike for that -- just kidding, it should be in R20/21 or so we hope). PaxLair will have a fish pond for the Novian Fishing League (NFL) ... shhh secret society.
    Below is our current PaxLair map and housing allocations for Release 17 to people in the community. Thanks for helping and participating!

[​IMG]

PaxLair R17 Allocation Map

[​IMG]
    See: Lot Number Allocation Table on SotAWiki

Oh, reach me (Winfield) or my Town Manager (Sean Silverfoot) anytime by PM or other ways.

ALSO... watch the Avatars Circle Calendar and use the Community App iOS and Community App Android to see the calendar on your smart devices.

Our scheduled PaxLair PoT Test Chats and Working Hours are on Weds, Thurs, and Saturday for the next 3 weeks! Come join us!

OK... I am worn out tonight to list more ideas... I will update this again! Please comment, reply, etc.

Oh here is an image of PaxLair in Ultima Online ... still standing today!

[​IMG]
    PaxLair City in Ultima Online, September 2, 2007​

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  2. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

PaxLair is planning to start its development with a settler period in Episode 1. During that time, PaxLair veterans and various people met during the pre-alpha releases will start building the town. There will be structures and houses created, settler-oriented events, stories written and news reported, trade agreements made, allies and enemies found, and whatever else is done to build a realistic town. We plan on only 30% housing allocation at the start of Episode One.

So our back-story will help us enter into Episode 1, but it will not fully define us. We want to meet many new people, and "re-meet" people, guilds, and towns we met in pre-Alpha. We will be in an area hopefully near Brittany, but isolated from other places in Novia. We will not have a "castle" immediately in E1; we may have a barn on that property. (In fact the first time I used my Castle Lot Deed in SotA was for a Row House in Ardoris! Fancy that!)

We will build, discover, and create new history for PaxLair naturally as things happen during Episode 1. During Pre-Alpha, we are working to set up news reporters, book publishers, etc. to chronicle our journey into and through E1. While we are immersed in Role-playing, our town is a bit of a simulation. We are still very casual, though, like we have been in UO for many, many years.

If you are interested more in this, let me know! I hope this helps a bit.

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

it did TY, but I already have my own town and affiliated with Another Guild :)

Be glad to help ya all out with testing anything, just let me know what ya think you need tested.

Time Lord, StarLord, NANOC and 2 others like this.
  4. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

Winfield that would be April 30 2015

5. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

So here's my working list. All subject to change and some verification still needed. I will get a map up soon as I get one with our changes. Still a work in progress!

R17 lot assignments found on SOTAwiki Here

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1): Elder Moot - Town lot, village, 2 row lots - Stonehill Entered on Map
    2): Pax Et Veritas - City (Pindar), town (Themo), 4 village(Mimnar, Sios, Doxa, Bambino- Darkcrest Entered on Map
    3): Port Phoinex - Town water(salty Dog Cafe), Town (Wody's Bar), Town (Novia Academy)- Entered on Map
    4): 4B - 1 town lot/2 village lots configuration (Maze) - Would normally be furniture store, Town lot (Gaelis Furniture store) move to N15 spot,to right Entered on Map
    5): PaxLair- ,Town lot by lake/waterfall (Winfield) Entered on Map
    6): PaxLair - Castle (Winfield) Entered on Map
    7): Village Lots - Sean Ashlynn, Nanoc, Eternal Knight, Phoenix, Arka EmpStrike , One Zero, Edward Newgate, William Serrinate. Entered on Map
    8); Row lots - Badger, Maethros, Myrina, Aramathia (Market Sq), Katrin , Meyaka, GaelisEntered on Map
    9): Church of Chaos - Town lot - Amber Raine Entered on Map
    10): BMC - Town lot (Jack Frost) - (we won't be able to do our temp Keep idea) - Forest
    of Light, also village lot on Island for beach party
    11): MGT - 1 town, 3 village - Harvestwood - Entered on Map
    12): Beran's League - Island with city lot, some water lots and some row houses - To be confirmed
    13):Caverns - ??? Rockville
    14); Dara Brae- Lord houseboat on pier (Duke Gregoir) Entered on Map
    15): City lot / lighthouse village- (Blake Blackstone) - Island Entered on Map
    16): Village water lots - Brazen Spirituality, Atogrim Entered on Map
    17): City lot (Fairgrounds)- an extreme gravediggers scene by First place designer winner Edward Newgate of the MoonGate Travelers ( This lot will only be temp use for this,will be converted for other use in a bout a week.) Entered on Map
    18):Lux Sanctuary - town lot, 2 village lots -
    19): Village lot (Jack Knyfe) top right of waterfall Entered on Map
    20): Knights of New Britainnia (Bowen) 2 village, 4 row Entered on Map
    21): Stryker - water village bay side Entered on Map

Lot Deed offers:

Moiseyev Trueden - Village lot
    Blake Blackstone - 2 city, town, 5 village
    Jatvarour - village or keep(Will use for Frigate/galleon in bay)
    TEK - Town, village, row
    Sean - 2 row lots
    One Zero - Row lot
    Nanoc - Village(Phoenix lot)
    Themo Lock - Village
    Gaelis - Village (Bambino using)
    Arianna - Village

Event Notes/areas

Fire Lotus' R17 Dance Party - (Fire Lotus, Amber Raine/AR,) Friday afternoon - Wody's Bar
    Novia Academy (Kazyn Phoenixfyre)
    Wody's Bar (Wody/Kazyn) R17 Release Party Friday afternoon.
    4b maze (Net)
    Castle dinner/dance in great ball room (Winfield - Decorations by The PaxLair Furniture store?)
    PaxLair Tour - Friday 7pm NBT after FireLotus (Winfield/Sean/Ashlynn?)
    Salty Dog Cafe (Kayzyn)
    Church of Chaos (Amber Raine) Perhaps something PaxLair related for sermon suggestion ?!?!?
    Sunset Parties (Themo Lock)
    Fishing Winfield, numerous places. (Winfield)
    Beach party on the island (Sean)
    Race thru PaxLair?
    Lord houseboat party boat (Duke Gregoer)
    Galleon/frigate (Jatvarour)
    PaxLair Graveyard (Ashlynn ?) Name the Cemetary contest? We will have our own village lot Cemetary next to NPC Chaos Church
    First Annual PaxLair Spring event (historic date May 1,2015 )
    All Player Towns Gathering (Winfield) Sat 3 pm NBT
    Castle arena for tourniments? 4B, BMC, BEAR?
    City theatre/stage - Town lot (Themo Lock) - Darkridge

Time Lord, mbomber, RDouglas and 17 others like this.
  6. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

Could you reserve a village lot in the MGT area for me please. Perhaps a town, but as I hope we are testing Rift's End one day, I don't need to get in rotation for a keep lot. Thanks in advance.

7. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

We have a section in Harvest would there is a town lot and I'll also give you 2 village lots by it so your group can work together a bit. Fair enough? Made the notation in the above post.

Time Lord, NANOC, Winfield and 2 others like this.
  8. Net

Net Avatar

What? :)
    Well, I guess we could think of something as long as we can decorate, but I think that it would be nice to see Bear Tavern Brawl in the Castle Arena again. As of R16, player owned castle arenas are not flagged for PvP though. I hope this will change for R17

9. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Actually I just listed those I know run those type of events in the past. So just looking if we can get some folks to handle that. It can rotate thru the guilds as hosts. Hence the question mark. We'll find out if the arena can be used

10. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

Thank you, I will talk to the powers that be in MGT and see what we will do.

11. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

OK, great please let me know soon. We do have others that would

Talk soon

Se'an

12. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

I'll decorate and run a tailoring shop in my house, if that's desired

Sent from my Aetheric Vibration Link using Tapatalk

13. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Sure, whatever you'd like did you still want the spot we talked about? Or in city proper ?

14. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

Still want the spot. Owe you a beer or twenty as well!

Sent from my Aetheric Vibration Link using Tapatalk

15. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

;)

16. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

I emailed Winfield earlier today to see if he had any spots left.

17. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    Did Wrath not reserve a keep lot for me? If not I will take a keep lot if you have one available.

18. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

He said you wanted the outhouse lot?

Time Lord and Winfield like this.
  19. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    Well I have 5 deeds to contribute so I just need to know. A outhouse would be cool though, its kind of the place to be right now when thinking of PoT's lol

20. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

As of now, I'm looking at village lots, water village & row lots.

Let me know what you want to play with, it's filling pretty quick

Time Lord, Themo Lock and Winfield like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.