$5.00 for 10 bank slots in add-on store? Say what?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by G Din, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G Din

G Din Avatar

You having a laugh?

2. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Yeah, that annoyed me too. In my opinion that isn't an equivalent cost. Bank slots REALLY need to be fixed, especially the ridiculous aspect that you don't have a global bank, but the bank in each location is limited by a global total (unless that was changed this release). I feel its asking much too much for way too little a perk.

Epona, Budner, Mishri and 5 others like this.
  3. darkthrone451

darkthrone451 Avatar

Agreed, banking is a mess. Devs seem to be continually adding more items to the add-on store that could and should be put into the game for everyone to utilize.

4. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Most things, including bank slots, have an in-game route to obtaining them as well. No need to fork out real world cash, unless you really want to.

I agree that a global limit for regional functionality makes zero sense. Either they are interconnected globally or they aren't.

Net, Budner, Mishri and 8 others like this.
  5. Ciciro

Ciciro Avatar

$10 for 50 slots would be a better deal.

Epona, Budner, Deliverence and 6 others like this.
  6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

In R16 it was only 1000 gold to get 10 slots.

What I think is happening there is that due to the anti-DLMB crowd they set something really really low so that they can increase that later on come closer to balancing of banking.
    If they set it too high the anti-DLMB crowd would go bananas if they later lowered it.

So right now, don't buy it and ignore it. You don't need it in the testing of the game and it will change closer to beta anyway.

Net, FrostII, smack and 6 others like this.
  7. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Its always going to be expensive to buy with $.

It wouldn't matter what the price was set at, they will still be criticized.

Net, Archibald Leatherneck and smack like this.
  8. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

DLMB?

I would never pay real life money for bank slots, but I don't mind the challenge of working around few slots at the beginning and slowly upgrading with in game gold when I can afford to. However there may be people for whom money is no object and who are willing to pay to avoid the inconvenience. If it helps earn money to further develop the game, I have no objections. :)

FrostII, smack, Athanil and 5 others like this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Sometimes I play DC universe, not my favorite game, but I putter with it once in a while. So since I've played Sony Games before I had just a very little in store credit and could purchase one upgrade for my bank slots. Free to play players get 12 measly slots and then for a hefty extra like 500 credits i got 7 more slots. I don't plan to buy more, I won't play that game probably that much. It is a struggle to maintain though because for that game collections are a huge deal. You collect and get credit for collecting 12/12 certain items for example. So I don't see Shrouds as that strict, but I do think it will help anyone if you can have a chest or something somewhere. I'm hoping for rentals for people, inns of course and also some kind of player town square with bulletin boards with work orders and homes and spaces for rent. This is for those who wish not to or cannot afford to pledge for housing. :)

10. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Earn the slots in-game, when D3 added a money feature I never used it for a second, then again I was bored of the game at that point but all slots from my bank in that game I earned in-game with gold. The prices may be high, remind me of Zynga prices, at Zynga they'd release a new item with an introductory price to a select few users to see if they were willing to pay that much, then they'd tweak the price if necessary, I'm sure such prices could be tweaked based on how many sales are made at the current rate.

11. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

DLMB
    Don't Lawyer Me Bro.
    Said by Starr Long to emphasize that things will change to balance things.
    Anti-DLMB is then what happens every time devs need to tweak/balance things when people with high expectations don't get theirs fulfilled. Then they quote odd statements and demand that things need to go their way or else....

12. Numa

Numa Avatar

Agree with @marjoria70. In fact, I think the one who figures out how to setup the equivalent of a safety deposit warehouse for people who are storage capacity challenged will make a killing. Ditto for apartments :)

Jatvardur and majoria70 like this.
  13. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Already planned in at least 4 POTs. Mine included.

The mayor obstacle to storage compared to apartments is trust.

Jatvardur, Numa and majoria70 like this.
  14. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

One problem with comparing the amounts of banking slots in other games is those are almost always global (at least every MMO I've ever played has global banking slots). It makes it so a smaller bank slot restriction isn't as bad because it can be accessed anywhere. This also makes it a bit more worth the money (at least in my opinion). Yes there are ways around banking (love knowing that there PoT owners have already got things in the works to help resolve the issue) but it still really sucks that $5 buys 10 regional bank slots, doubly so when no where does it say this is a global limit on regional banking. People who haven't been in game from the start will have one expectation about the banking based on their experience in other games and have a REALLY rude surprise.

Description of purchase:
    Your bank inventory size can easily be upgraded with in-game gold, with the price in gold increasing the larger your bank gets. For those that need/want really big banks faster, you can purchase this Bank Upgrade which will provide 10 additional bank slots.
    [NOTE: The number of bank slots included in this Bank Upgrade is subject to change prior to final launch based on game balancing needs.]

Those who have read my posts know I'm super supportive of almost everything, but I feel banking needs improvement hardcore and the description needs to be more upfront so that people don't incorrectly cry bait and switch because they are buying a global limit that is only applied locally without it saying that anywhere in the description. Likewise, I don't feel the amount is worth money (yes it can be adjusted later... so adjust it).

***Please note I'm not saying this is bait and switch, that's a specific legal term. I'm saying that the description could be misleading to people who do not understand or know how our banking works based.***

15. iansmellios

iansmellios Avatar

What about $10 for a hat?

Ice Queen likes this.
  16. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

You can wear the hat anywhere can't you? It isn't prevented from being worn because you have a different hat in a bank in Braemar.

I'm not anti cash store in anyway. I just feel that the description of the bank slots and their entire implementation of a global limit with a regional access only is broken (i.e. not a good idea).

17. Curt

Curt Avatar

I wish as a way to get 1 slot in each local bank (beside the normal limit)
    So for example could be sure always had 5 slots available in the nearest bank

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  18. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

I think investing in something like this would make more sense. Pay money to have an assurance that there would be space set aside in EACH regional bank. That would be worth the price to me (even if the total amount is dropped down to 1 or 5 or whatever).

Ice Queen likes this.
  19. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Hate to be such a party pooper on this thread but considering players start with bank space, can purchase additional space with gold.........why are people getting upset over an option to spend $5 to buy space......no one is forcing you to spend money here.

Mata and Net like this.
  20. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

My complaint isn't the cost, its the value for the cost and the fact that nowhere in the description does it explain how our banking system works. If the description was more clear so that people understood how it worked that would mitigate some of my concern (the rest is just tied to banking in general which is a different post). Currently, there is nothing to indicate to new people to the game that our banking that you purchase doesn't work the same as every other games banking.

Miracle Dragon and Ice Queen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.