Disaprove

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GingerLee, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GingerLee

GingerLee Avatar

I just reviewed the Sota VIP design recap email. I do have mixed feelings as what I see. People with DC comic costumes. Wearing a Batman costume. Poor Choice when this is SOTA. Was that a Punk Steam hat on the Riddler? The 9 people on the back end of the table indicates that they are heart and soul of Sota. Good job pat on back for those 9. A hearty cheer for Mad Hatter also for his work and development in Sota. Yes, I know release details have been shown. I am still in question as the direction that this mmo is going Right now I think that its becoming more a broker investment from what I see in the photo`s. Time will tell.

2. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

3. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

What's wrong with costumes and modest get togethers for backers? Personally, as a software developer myself, I am impressed with how consistent the dev team has been at adding features and improving game play with every release. Things are really shaping up.

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

It pays to pay attention.... the costumes were part of Lady British's Easter Egg Hunt.. they had absolutely nothing to do with SotA. That took place AFTER the design round table. Some folks just happen to stick around for it. Wasn't even on the same day.

5. darkthrone451

darkthrone451 Avatar

Why would you care what they wanted to dress up as???

6. Deathblow

Deathblow Avatar

Nice looking Easter party, and Batman is into another grand caper, Dad does diaper duty.

TheMadHermit likes this.
  7. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Apparently they thought they dressed up for the design chat? *shrug*

8. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Richard has an Easter egg hunt for family and friends. They encourage people to wear colorful costumes. Richard asked his daughter Kinga what kind of costume she wanted to wear, and she said she wanted to dress as a superhero. So, Richard and his family dressed as superheroes. I think it's wonderful. And it had nothing to do with this game.

It was the Mad Hermit, not the Mad Hatter.

Punk steam hat on the Riddler? Starr was dressed in Mardi Gras colors with a top hat. Is that what you mean? He and Dallas were representing Louisiana at their themed hut.

It was a bunch of people having an Easter party, and the VIP backers that were in town were invited.

And, it's still not an MMO, but maybe it'll get there. It's a selective multiplayer game, but even in it's most MMO-like state, still isn't an MMO. It's made up of instances that have caps on the number of players. Some of them capped as low as one person.

I think the direction is clear.

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

LOL well I thought it was funny and didn't take it as against this game or even a reflection on this game. Devs are people too lol. Usually I do see Lord British as a medieval looking when he dresses up, but Batman British was funny to me.;) So to me it seems Ginger Lee that there is possibly more to the story of your discontent than I could read, but hopefully as you say time will show you and anyone else who is waiting and perhaps doubting, not me of course, how wonderful this game will be.:)

10. Thorin Strongarm

Thorin Strongarm Avatar

they could have been dressed up as politicians for all I care, as long as they keep coding and progressing as well as they have.

11. Rasmenar

Rasmenar Avatar

I don't often go out of my way to criticize a post at it's core. I may disagree with the subject matter, but I try not to completely undermine the validity of the post. However, in this case I really have to.

It really just looks like you're going out of your way to find something negative to say about the development of SotA here. These guys were having an Easter egg hunt and decided to share the results with the community, since members of the community were invited to the event. I don't understand how that somehow reflects negatively on the development of the game, or why the choice of costume at the event somehow impacts design goals or the quality of your investment. It seems to be an incredibly wild leap of the imagination to assume that because some of the team wore costumes you don't approve of, your money was somehow wasted on SotA. There are lots of perfectly legitimate complaints out there, don't get me wrong. This one is by and far the most ridiculous one I have ever seen.

12. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Well now I'm trying to give the OP some benefit of the doubt and assume he missed the little detail that there were two separate events. If you showed up at a normal business meeting wearing a batman outfit people would probably think either you were insane or weren't taking your job seriously (possibly both). The hunt and the design meeting were lumped together in the same section of the update.

Unless they come and say otherwise I'm assuming it was misunderstanding.

Bodhbh Dearg and Chatele like this.
  13. Rasmenar

Rasmenar Avatar

I feel like in the game design industry, that might be seen as normal, heh. I have a friend currently doing an internship at Riot Games, for example, he mentions that some of his co-workers show up in cosplay on a pretty regular basis. I'm sure not every company is as welcoming to outlandish attire at work, but there you have it.

Bodhbh Dearg and TheMadHermit like this.
  14. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

heh well yeah there is sometime to be said about game developers. :) There's no denying that. If it were me and they showed up to the round table like that I probably wouldn't think twice but in the back of my mind I'd be thinking "aww come on at least do medieval fantasy" followed by "I should've worn my puffy shirt"

Bodhbh Dearg likes this.
  15. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

People wearing suits ruined some of the greatest games.

16. Darkblade

Darkblade Avatar

This sums it up nicely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.