Please bundle .....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Satan Himself, Apr 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

In the Add-On Store, please bundle for a volume discount:

• Pets
    • Wedding dress/tuxedo
    • Hats
    This has been a public service announcement from Budner. You're welcome.

Oh, also please introduce a fictional pet that kills chickens. Like a chicken hawk but more powerful. Maybe a Chicken Jabberwocky. aka Chickenwocky.

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Good idea. How about hats with hat rack or wall hangers;)

Tarsin, Chatele, Jatvardur and 11 others like this.
  3. TheMadHermit

TheMadHermit Avatar

Clever!

4. Jynx

Jynx Avatar

How about this as a reward for people who have all the release hats and then as an addon item in the store?

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

ahhhhhh *sighs* I missed the first hat. My own fault of course.

6. Thorin Strongarm

Thorin Strongarm Avatar

Totally random thought here.. what is the facination with Hats?! these devlopers have.

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

They are rares you get from completing a quest. They are account bound. If you need help to do the quest I would be happy to help. :)

8. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

I'd probably go with the fact that they are easiers to code than other items.

Ice Queen and Miracle Dragon like this.
  9. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Ouch .
    Perhaps you could suggest some viable alternatives for them?

I just wish that whoever it was who left their sheep in the middle of the road coming into Owl's Head - would come and pick 'em up!
    Or, failing that - someone in charge could, perhaps, show some mercy and unchain them from the roadway so they can - at the very least -get a bite to eat in the grass there....
    (Same sheep in the way, every time, seems..... not especially immersive).

Anyway, it's either that - or I'm gonna suggest a Sheepwocky in addition to the Chickenwocky.

Oh, and have some mercy on Midge too, while you're at it. Stuck forever in the middle of the road, after all those months faithfully waiting for her master to return thru a confounded Rift that no longer exists.... tsk tsk...

Womby and Budner like this.
  10. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

OP: good ide!

Hmmm. When I think of the word 'bound' in an MMO I associate it with being 'untradeable'. It may sound pedantic but as a point of clarification it is worth pointing out that the hats are definitely tradeable. :) Of course, any time they are traded before Ep1 release they will return back to the original owner.

Miracle Dragon and majoria70 like this.
  11. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

You misunderstand me. It isn't a slight in any way. I have all the hats. I would rather them do a quick fun item like a hat than something that is more involved but takes them away from other tasks. The intention behind the hat is a small reward for those testing each release and to showcase the areas. I will never wear the princess dunce cap nor the fez, but I'll still grab them because someone may want them in the future.

Housing decorations would be nice, but as only a certain % have housing that instantly alienates those who don't. Other outfits (shirts/pants/cloaks/etc) are harder to code due to interaction with other clothing pieces and body designs. Hats have nothing to glitch with except facial and top of head hair. Less things to glitch = more time coding fun stuff rather than fixing an item.

I suppose you could do weapon skins or torch/lantern designs, but again taking more time out of designing the game to design us something unique isn't a good option to me.

Ice Queen and Tarsin like this.
  12. Hraw

Hraw Avatar

hats?

13. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

That's one thing that differentiates SotA. I think pretty much everything is planned to be tradeable in-game. Perhaps exceptions will be made to story-specific quest items though..

Tarsin and Jatvardur like this.
  14. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I didn't do any of the hat quests, cause I don't like them..... I would prefer circlets (headbands for us ladies with flowers etc in them ) how about some wigs hehehe, I might want to go blonde, long hair , ya know, to see if blondes do have more fun without having to dye my hair :) hmmmm , wait!!!! dye my hair? , oh yes yes yes Please !!!!!!

Tarsin, FrostII and Jatvardur like this.
  15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

LOL well I don't think everyone is doing the hat quests because they necessarily like them, but for the earnings when the game is released. They will be very sellable. I'm not saying that they aren't well done or anything like that, but they are going to be rare. It is just some people want to plan ahead for things like that, plus it is something to do in the game. I like doing it myself but to each their own. So anyway the offer to help is always there if not for this but anything you need. **cheers**

**edited** also I know what you mean about hair showing. I rarely wear a hat myself because of that. We did ask if we will get the ability to not show hats or other things and were told they don't think so.

Tarsin, FrostII and Budner like this.
  16. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I sure hope you are wrong on this.... thought they were working on on/off choice for helms etc... like all the games i have played, always had a choice to show helms and capes, show/hide option... sure hope we have it for here as well, Particularly the head gear, as a female, I HATE THEM ... but LOVE THE STATS.... GIVE US WOMAN SOME LOVE !!!!!!!! Option to show/hide head gear PLEASE!!!!!!!

17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

LOL I knw chatele, I hate to wear helms myself. I don't mind Tiarras of course, lol and hey some have metal in them, but the gems that bedazzel and catch the light and blind our foes, now that's something.;) I think the reasoning has been for realism and for pvp wanting to see what the other is wearing so less secrets in a fight. Hopefully gear won't be the determining factor of a fight anyway. I do hope it is defined by the user skill and reflexes, and by how well trained the palyer is. Perhaps acrobatics to have more skillful movements etc.;)

18. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Headbands would be nice. Wouldn't interfere with the hair, at least. And I'd wear one.

19. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I do wish we'd stop catering to that serious minority.......

20. Doomgate

Doomgate Avatar

The game is being made with pve and pvp, features just got to be added to "cater" for both side. I'm sure if you ask for a list of things pve players would want vs what pvp would want you will have 2 list that have the use of the alphabet in common and very little if anything else.

yes pvp players would want to know what there fighting so the more they see the more they know. You might not like this idea at all but I'm pretty sure if you ask a pvp person what he thinks about non pvp zones you will get a similar reaction.

This is not an attack of any kind I'm just trying to point out every one has a need for something and in a complex game as this we all have to be open to the needs of others

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.