Anyone seen this archer Lars Andersen?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wyrcan, Jan 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Someone posted this video before. This is not reality he is working with. Archery cannot be upgraded with trick photography in reality. Therefore don't get any cuckoo ideas of asking the devs to add any special archery features in the game like this guy does. Unless you have a mixed deck with magic... Then it is ok.

2. HairballHacker

HairballHacker Avatar

Me too. Not hunting, but competitive.

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Uhm, all three of you didn't check the vid? Neither of you read my comment above that this vid covers that vid?

I'm sorry but it's a bit silly to make claims which the dude address/explain in the very vid you are trying to critique.

Also just like was said in the three other topics on this, of course you'd be able to kill with a light draw bow. You don't need much in penetration to kill a human, we are soft compared to most animals.

If you are going to complain at least make the points valid and not covered in the very vid you are citing.
    And in case you missed that too this is not the same vid as went viral.

4. Thorin Strongarm

Thorin Strongarm Avatar

Never hunted so no idea how true the above is but I can see how that would apply to deer, boar or bear hunting, but against humans I think 2 or three of those arrows sticking out could ruin your day.

5. HairballHacker

HairballHacker Avatar

He is probably using a 20 lbs @ 28" draw; maybe less by the looks of it. War bows tended to draw at least 80 lbs. I believe. Today's hunting bows draw about 40-50 lbs give or take and depending on the state.

6. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

how would you know? Have you ever killed a man?

7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

That was a very silly rebuttal. Of course I have.
    I have no need to kill anyone, all one need to know are the physics behind it.
    It is very easy to determine that the force to penetrate the skin of different animals (including humans) are different depending on the thickness, hardness and 'density' of the skin.
    Also different types of animal skins (including humans) have different properties regarding tear, slice, friction and blunt damage.

This is why we use different ammunition and different weapons when hunting different kinds of prey.

Now when it comes to humans, our skins are soft & thin, it is very easy to cut, very easy to penetrate - when compared to the majority of animals of the same size.
    Even pigs, which are regularly used as targets for human comparisons in forensics and military training, have slightly better protective properties in their skin.

Now compound this with humans walking around in an upright position makes the distance a weapon needs to penetrate the skin to reach a vital organ/etc is much smaller than in comparable sized/weight for four legged animals.
    You can easily see this when humans and animals end up in fights.

So yes I know for a fact that
    "
    You don't need much in penetration to kill a human, we are soft compared to most animals.
    "
    that you'd even question this would lead me to think that you have not had much military training or hunted much?
    (Veterinarians and doctors when comparing notes could probably tell you the same thing).

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  8. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

i stopped listening to that turd of a women about 4 minutes in, not only is she simply being a spoil sport but her claims that myth busters are a credible source totally discredited her, in my opinion, those guys are just as shady as the rest of television ..... she's the one that needs a kick in the nuts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.