What to do til wipe?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MightyUnclean, Apr 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MightyUnclean

MightyUnclean Avatar

My new desktop should be ready this weekend, so I hope to be able to actually zone into all areas for the first time. I believe there's a wipe coming on 4/30. Until after the wipe, I don't much want to level up.

What other activities are there to do in game at this time, other than leveling?

Thanks!

Arianna, Miracle Dragon and RDouglas like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I'm so happy for you. I'm sure you are anxiously waiting you new computer, I know I would be. Well I am almost to 52 and I will still level to have something to do. Also I wander around looking for new places and things to see. Right now if you go to the town of Righ Inis and exit it, you are in the water. I love going to the water. We had fun falling off the edge of the world and joking around. I think it is more fun when you are hanging out with others right now, unless you are exploring, taking pics, or trying out new builds, or the crafting for bugs and to see how crafted items look etc. I go in and battle or explore a bit, gather some resources make repair kits, just to stay connected and active in the game. Perhaps I find a bug. A lot of waiting for the next release, but hopefully each release will get better for more to do and longer playtime. **cheers**

3. MightyUnclean

MightyUnclean Avatar

Yes, I should probably explore! I sure hope things run right on the new PC.

Isn't there some website that keeps track of player run events??

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I'm sure there is, also an in game book that says calendar of event or something like that. The events are really fun looking. One event was a jumping event, we've had mazes, human chess, the shapes game (where your team had to form the shape the game announcer said), wow that was also an adorable looking event. I watched the video on it. Any of this type of thing will help to pass time during development. I also hope things work out with your new computer and I kind of hope you did not get an amd doesn't seem to work as well with the game, I've heard, so I wish for you to have gotten an nvidia video card. I rarely have any problems with mine.:) Hopefully someone will post a link to the calendar of events, you can find it on the home page though.;)

MightyUnclean likes this.
  5. MightyUnclean

MightyUnclean Avatar

Thanks! I went Intel and already had a decent Nvidia card, less than a year old, from my last system.

majoria70 likes this.
  6. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

There is a party scheduled for this Sunday:

Here's a community calendar

You can select your timezone to see the events in your own time.

MightyUnclean and majoria70 like this.
  7. MightyUnclean

MightyUnclean Avatar

Thanks, Miracle Dragon!

majoria70 and Miracle Dragon like this.
  8. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Party time, excellent!

MightyUnclean, Spoon and majoria70 like this.
  9. Thorin Strongarm

Thorin Strongarm Avatar

What card do you have? I just got a Geforce GT 730 any idea if that is good?

10. Gypsy Lou

Gypsy Lou Avatar

I am spending my time realizing more and more how little I know about this game. So intrigued at what I've seen so far, I went and researched Richard Garriott just to learn more about the guy. What a fascinating life story! He was actually born in Britain and his father was an astronaut who went to Skylab and rode the Space Shuttle. As a young man he was told that his vision was imperfect and that he would thus never become an astronaut. Undeterred, he spent his life building his fortune, learning to program, creating the Ultima series and making enough money in the process to be able to buy a seat on a Russian Soyuz spacecraft (for $30 million) and actually spent 10 days on the International Space Station watching the earth from his window.

I'm glad he's back on the ground leading this project along with his partner Starr Long, because he is an excellent software developer and the product really shows it.

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I have the Nvidia GeForce GTX 645 and it works great in the game. I'm not sure how good of a graphics card it is suppose to be but I was on a low budget when buying my last computer 2 years ago. So I go the Alienware X51 and only a Intel Core I3-3220 cpu with 8 GB ram 2 TB memory.

12. MightyUnclean

MightyUnclean Avatar

It's a 760 2GB. I don't know much about GPU's, but I think it's a mid-end card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.