Global Chat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kinson, Apr 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kinson

Kinson Avatar

I know it's been brought up before, but there really needs to be a global chat system of some kind, if even it is to be taken out at game launch. It is crucial to have it in the testing phase, as there might not be a ton of people online at a given time, and everyone is spread out, or semi/completely AFK.

All the new players coming in (like myself, I haven't had a lot of time to play since about 2 weeks after I got access) having lots of questions, or just looking for someone to talk with.

Also, what about some sort of Who list, to see who is online? Have options like, Hide yourself on the list, check the box for AFK, or flag yourself as a Helper (someone knowledgeable about the game, willing to take the time and help other players out).

2. Hraw

Hraw Avatar

First, welcome to new player Kinson!

Starting tomorrow there will be a ton of people on (new release with a full wipe coming in the next few hours). Less have been on lately due to knowing their characters are all about to be wiped out and they start all over.

I understand there used to be global chat for testing and it was taken out already.

And they are working on a long list of chat improvements to make it easier to communicate (including for new players to get help). There is a thread in another subforum where multiple different devs have posted and they are using it as a basis for changes.

Cheers

3. MightyUnclean

MightyUnclean Avatar

I do agree that global chat would be great for development and for new players to get info. All you need is the ability to /ignore players and leave the channel if you choose. Just so it isn't forced on anyone, I see no harm, only benefits.

Mata likes this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Kinson I hear you and I'm sure chat improvements will be coming. We have been letting the Devs know for a while we need it to be better. Not sure if they are going to do a global chat but you can always do the irc chat. Anyway the more people you friend the more people you can chat with and if you are in a guild you will see the guild chat, so that would help. If you don't have majoria friended and you want add me. I will talk to you.:) Towards the end of a release less people are in the game, but hopefully each release going forward will have more and more to do. Release 20 is fishing so I am looking forward to this.:)

5. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome Kinson!

majoria70 and Arianna like this.
  6. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

I would suggest every new player to play in window mode and open the irc chat of this website. There are always people in there, that are willing to help, me included. Especially to each release start there are many veteran players that camp the spawn point in Soltown to welcome new players and offer help. And I'm totally against a global chat, even during test.

7. MightyUnclean

MightyUnclean Avatar

What's the IRC chat? What is that?

8. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

MightyUnclean likes this.
  9. MightyUnclean

MightyUnclean Avatar

Ohhh, that! Thank you. I tried chatting in there a couple of times during the last update, but got no response. Maybe more people will be on with the release of 17.

4EverLost likes this.
  10. Haukeye

Haukeye Avatar

My only problem with a global chat is it turns into a cesspool of bickering and just plain nastiness. However a "Newbie help channel" that is moderated so only questions and answers are allowed would be a super nice thing. Although I would like to see a local channel for people in your area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.