Why SotA is not as fun as UO was. What I enjoy/dislike & overall feelings.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zylo, Apr 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zylo

Zylo Avatar

Right, because they are making this game for you and your play style alone and what everyone else enjoys in this game doesn't matter? Because what you want and like is more important than what I want and like?

I don't want to play a game where the only thing to do is collect neon weapons and decorate houses. The PvE sucks too.

I'm not always "looking for a fight", so you can stop painting me with such a narrow brush. I do however enjoy the combat a lot and it is a huge part of the game with PvE also... It's not the whole game but it should at least be good or enjoyable. Currently it is neither of those things.

Wow, the player community loves to hate on people who enjoy combat.

HairballHacker likes this.
  2. Zylo

Zylo Avatar

Sadly for me, I am seeing that more and more myself. I agree wih your points and it's becoming very clear.

Shroud is not going to have good combat, it's as simple as that. Clearly players who enjoy combat are not wanted here by the rest of the community also despite how much we loved UO.

I guess this is not a game that has something for everyone. That seems to be too much to ask.

Kurupt, HairballHacker and Myrcello like this.
  3. Shin

Shin Avatar

I really hope the real devs considers us just players. They have never asked for my CV.

No, I am quite sure they won't ever try to sell stuff from the store to their staff on every email.

4. TantX

TantX Avatar

I agree wholeheartedly.

SotA isn't a AAA title, and it won't be. It is a niche of a niche of an overly saturated genre in a highly competitive market.

Keep these posts in mind when these "players" who are saying they don't like it, these UO players who want a better combat system, these modern MMO players who are looking for the next great game of 2016 don't fund Episode 2 and what you get at launch is all you ever get. Just because you may have pre-paid for Episodes 2 and 3 doesn't mean they will be able to afford to make 'em.

If you think RG is going to dig deep in his pockets to make it happen instead of spending that money on finding irl rares or going back to space, regardless of backers and crowdfunding shortcomings, you're in for a surprise.

Zylo likes this.
  5. Zylo

Zylo Avatar

Yes.

6. Shin

Shin Avatar

Just another thing, then I'll be gone for another 6 months.

For every person who likes how things are going, there are another 10 who are disappointed and do not post on forums.

7. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

@Dewderonomy, so many of your arguments are based on prognostication and claiming to know others' minds. If you are really that good then you'd be as rich Croesus and able to fund your own game. I suspect the facts are otherwise.

8. TantX

TantX Avatar

I quoted you saying when people speak out against faulty mechanics and say they are unhappy with them, that it makes you happy. That's a crap attitude. It isn't "reading other people's minds"; it's directly quoting you.

PS: Pseudointellectualism isn't appealing to anyone.

Zylo likes this.
  9. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I guess asking for facts to back up this claim is an exercise in applied futility, ain't it?

FrostII and Bowen Bloodgood like this.
  10. Hraw

Hraw Avatar

This is what Mugly said and what was quoted. The interpretation is clear about what "makes me happy". It is about bad attitudes going somewhere else. That would make me happy also except the bad attitudes who talk about leaving don't leave. They stay here and keep pumping negativity for some reason. It's fine to dislike something, we get it. But the mode of constant bashing, twisting meaning, and ignoring facts is what turns people off and why this forum is starting to get the rep as toxic (see steam reviews if you don't believe me).

Pickley and Miracle Dragon like this.
  11. Shin

Shin Avatar

None of my friends and backers that I know are satisfied with the current progress.
    "The games just doesnt feel right",
    "the combat sucks",
    "what year is this?",
    "who the hell cares about a new f**king hat every release",
    or "why they keep on try selling me stuff before the game has been launched."
    You name it.

This is the source of my statistic, with me being the only one posting (and not so often as you can see).

Now that the game is also on Steam, knowing the demographic and how demanding they are , I just felt the numbers were right.

But I am probably wrong.
    Maybe my statistic is totally bulls**t and doesn't apply to the majority of the players.

I guess we will see in 2016 who is right.

Zylo likes this.
  12. TantX

TantX Avatar

Go check out reviews and comments sections elsewhere. It's a pretty consistent complaint. Maybe not 10-to-1, but easily the majority of folks considering die-hards, people who've written the game off as a loss, and prospects who throw up in their mouth watching videos of it.

Bad attitudes are just people who feel like they wasted money and won't offer it again. See past that. This is a business, and those are customers who are pissed.

As far as "toxic" reviews on Steam, those are referring to other people, I assure you (read the details of those posts, keywords like "cult" pop up several times in those criticisms).

HairballHacker and Zylo like this.
  13. Katrina Bekers

Can I politely and respectfully ask you that when you find a game that has something for everyone, you could possibly warn me?

Thank you very much in advance.

14. Katrina Bekers

Ah ok.

Thank you.

15. Shin

Shin Avatar

I think the contrary is even more dangerous.

I see people blindly praising the staff , and thus convincing them that the progress are good.
    And I can only ask myself where do these guys come from? Do they even have played other games in the last 10 years? Are they aware of nowadays standards?

Do they really think SotA will be competitive once it has been launched?

Or they just want to keep their community as small as possible, so they can feel more important?

Zylo and Dewderonomy like this.
  16. Shin

Shin Avatar

Man on UO you could play as you wanted.
    There was PVE, PVP, events, you could RP or just decorate your house.

Zylo likes this.
  17. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

If only SotA had PVE, PVP, events, RPing and house decorating - then it would be for everyone!

18. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

You need 10
    good reviews to combensate 1 bad review.

They should remove these stupid positive, negative category and only have pure reviews.

Everyone quoted the minority of negative reviews because we have learned to focus and give them far more attention then positive.

Why do newspapers only place the worst on the main page first.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

19. TantX

TantX Avatar

Except the amount of work to put a negative review on Steam holds more clout than just "walking out" of the project. It's a bit of a hurdle for someone who "just doesn't care" especially if they played it originally off of Steam.

20. Shin

Shin Avatar

Look at this review from Steam:

A cash shop (with really, really pricey goods) has no business in a pre-alpha, and yet they seem to spend more time creating new items for that than fixing the 2001 graphics and gaming experience.

These are just facts.

HairballHacker and Zylo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.