Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Double Bonus? Doesn't seem like it. Mob mechanics feel different

Discussion in 'Release 17 Feedback' started by juju1380, May 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juju1380

juju1380 Avatar

I have only played game for 2 weeks. so started on 16. It does not appear I am getting double bonus -- the amounts are the same I got in 16. (I made it to lev 38 on that version).

Also skeletons used to give me xp on each kill, now only the second (final) kill.

To aggro mobs I have to practically jump up and down on them. Used to be able to pull skeles out by approaching them, now they just lie there until i get on top of them.

Can anyone comment please. Thanks!

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  2. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

1. It is double, seeing that for both the skeletons and for gathering. Base skeletons would give 53 xp before, and I'm seeing 106 now. For gathering, base nodes used to give 10, now seeing 20.

2. Probably an unintended consequence before and fixed now. However, being that you have to kill them twice in melee (usually), would not be unhappy if they bumped skeleton xp 25-50%.

3. Totally agree on this one... There needs to be a happy medium somewhere from where it was before (mobs running from almost beyond sight to attack you) and now (needing to crowd surf on them to get their attention).

3. Unforgiven2

Unforgiven2 Avatar

But are you seeing double EXP on the undead because of the doubler for experience tho?

Or are you past your original level, and now on "single experience" and seeing the undead being doubled?

juju1380 likes this.
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I'm not getting it either. Of course, this is my own fault: I deleted my character a couple of days before the wipe so I could play with the character generator, thinking there'd be no consequences.

juju1380 and Moonshadow like this.
  5. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

I am seeing the double experience on bears, wolves, cotton bushes, iron ore, nightshades, and various crafting tables. And yes, on also doubled on final death for skeletons. And no, I've not reached my original level yet.

juju1380 likes this.
  6. James T. Cook

James T. Cook Avatar

does anybody remember this? nobody has been able to program anything as realistic "immersive" and perfect since the 80s

7. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

Hey I played that once at Flynn's arcade lol

8. Scrambler

Scrambler Developer Emeritus

Resurrecting creatures used to give do each time they fell. That was a bug that was fixed this release. You only receive do when you actually kill them.

Aggro had some bugs with distance and line of sight that are fixed with the Friday patch.

I think that should address your concerns - if not let me know - thanks for posting!

juju1380 and Net like this.
  9. juju1380

juju1380 Avatar

Hello:
    I was original poster and yes they fixed the aggro range issue for the most part. As far as double XP is concerned, it is now fixed for me. After ver 17 release, I was getting 750 pts for large crocs in West Veiled Swamp. After patches-- playing today 1500 pts. So something was amiss -probably a local issue. I get the deal with the undead.

Thanks for the responses -- I really appreciate it.

10. Unforgiven2

Unforgiven2 Avatar

With all due respect, what does this have to do with the thread?

I do like the video, but I suspect the original poster's intent would be better served if the message had been on topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.