Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Gathering... just sucks

Discussion in 'Release 17 Feedback' started by Violation Clauth, May 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Okay, nuff said... here's what I mean:
    [​IMG]

I'm max skill boosted, level 12 production, and I have 12 failures in a row gathering this plant... as NFL announcers would say: COM'ON MAN!

drrhodes, Cordelayne, smack and 12 others like this.
  2. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

It should be said that Duke isn't alone on this one. Admittedly I didn't bug report it last release, but surely we all know something's not right here.

Dewderonomy and iansmellios like this.
  3. Net

Net Avatar

In theory, with 38% chance to gather you have 62% chance to fail. Chance of 12 fails in a row seems to be 0.3%, it is low but possible. Bit frustrating though.

Now it seems that these chained failures happen way too often but I am not sure if it is just perception, I was not doing detailed statistic of 1000+ gatherings.

4. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I have had 5 times where I had 50%+ success rate gathers fail 10+ times... I have had countless times with 20+ failures on 15% success rates... I just simply don't understand why they want it to be so bad. Gathering is the mindless sucky part of crafting/merchant work. I'm in a PvP zone gathering I should get an easier gather rate... but instead it's harder and I get harder mobs and I get the same resource kickback... it doesn't fit what they said and it just... sucks.

That's my feedback! Make gathering easier because this sucks. (I have one more time... here goes... GRRR IT SUCKS!) lol

5. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

In R16 I was gathering at a 50-80 or 90% chance and still getting results just like this.

6. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

The main problem in my opinion is that in UO made sense to fail a lot when harvesting/mining because you could chop every tree and every mine almost endlessly. Here we struggle to find a resource nod only to fail like we did on UO (or worse).

7. Nemo Herringwary

Nemo Herringwary Avatar

I'm pretty sure the odds on Cotton are still borked somewhat, because you're seeing 38% at capped skill, but I've seen cotton at 14% chance in one instance with starter skills, then moved to another and had it report 68% or so success chance immediately after. In other words, my figures don't match yours at all, or even my own consistently.

8. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

That's because the plant has it's own difficulty within the zone. I've noticed that too but the specific node has never altered for me.

My point remains: it is way too hard to gather. It sucks.

My solution: double the nodes, double their benefit, cut their difficulty in half. Then scale from there. It's pre-alpha so all this work will be wiped anyway... why make it so hard?! :) #RantingOff

<3 MUCH LOVE!

9. Net

Net Avatar

I would add: Boost the repeated harvests especially for low level nodes.

With full Collection:
    200xp node - harvest 5 times
    110xp node - harvest 8 times
    50xp node - harvest 16 times
    20xp node - harvest 30 times
    10xp node - harvest 50 times

Seriously gathering of reagents needs serious boost.

10. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Part of the problem is that all gathering resources look the same but they are harder in some areas. Not logic I can follow as an Avatar. Why is this garlic so hard to pick here? Ohhhhh it's because the skeletons are harder?

There is also the issue of scaling. You scale out of production exp areas way to fast with adventurer exp. They don't go up in sync but the exp does and the difficulty does per zone.

You almost need to increase production as a sole focus and let your adventurer go up naturally as a by product.

11. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

i failed over 10 times on ore i had an 87% chance to harvest ....

12. Borg

Borg Avatar

Seems its level based, I mean resources have a hidden level stat we cant see, what seems quite stupid to me as both plants are giving exactly the same resource.
    If at least the higher level plant gave better quality resource, I could understand.
    This recalls me AoC they also have a level based system.
    In AoC you can see chicken level 1 and a chicken level 80 o_O !!! immersion killer !!!!
    That's the big problem of level based games.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  13. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

I feel your pain, man. I actually had a failure on a tree that said I had a 100% success chance.

Jakdaw Foxlauden and Quenton like this.
  14. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

How about increase yield with higher skill? I still am lucky to get 2 cotton off a bush when my skill is topped out.

Also, there are just not enough nodes considering how many resources you need to craft armor and weapons....I hope some increases are coming or some reduction in resources required on the recipes.

15. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

I'm getting better results, I guess? Rarely fails more than three, getting multiple gatherings from the same nodes a good bit.

But then again, I rarely go to higher tier places, so I guess that maybe why for me?:D

16. Haukeye

Haukeye Avatar

This is what is frustrating me on top of the failures. It sucks when I Can run past 10 cutable trees and not find one ore node.

Dewderonomy and Lord Baldrith like this.
  17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well it seems ok to me. Not enough resources at all for the amount that are needed in recipes. I am character level 39 now and I'm not sure of production level perhaps level 4. As I put points in the gathering skills at the trainer, I'm getting more yield that I ever have. I've noticed that the speed has improved from a couple of days ago. So anyway hopefully it continues to get tweaked and improved with the feedback. :)

18. Amethyst

Amethyst Avatar

It does seem that the more difficult the area you are gathering resources in, the less your chance of success. For example, if I get pulled into an area while traveling and it at a low level for combat, I can harvest very easily at a high level harvesting skills. Yes if I am in a more difficult combat area such as Deep Ravenswood, it is much harder for me to harvest. Harvesting difficulty appears to be synced with combat level in the scene not harvesting skills level. We all know they will solve this balance problem, but for now all we can do is let them know and see if anyone has found a way around this dilemma.

19. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I can kill skeletons and not harvest cotton ?... I tought my sword cut things, let me take the whole plant I'll take it to the tailor like that...

please... I can't spend 1 hour during adventuring trying to get one cotton in a node... in fact the only thing that worked for me was field dressing, the rest was impossible to even get one ressource.

Duke Violation likes this.
  20. Borg

Borg Avatar

I got today a failure upon 100% success chance o_Oharvesting Sulfurous Ash node.

Brent Sasz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.